Jason Pominville - Captain

Vandaman26

2011-12' Sabres Captain  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the Captaincy?

• Miller
    • Vanek
    • Roy

EXCELLENT choice. I might not have liked the process, but I am very happy with the result. Best two-way forward on the team, a career Sabre, and one of the most mature of the "kids" (not so much, anymore, huh?) that came up from Rochester after the lockout.

Wow. So much for getting rid of that contract.

The Sabres have a history of trading away their captain so you still have hope.

Isn't there some blowhard from up thread that needs to eat his words or something like that?

All remaining members of the FAB 5 get a letter. My little boys are all grown up and leaving the roost. :lol:

Awwww don't make me cry...... I said I wouldn't! :cry:

Edit: someone should change the title of the thread to reflect the announcement.

I'm not thrilled with Pommer as the C, but there were other choices being bandied about that would have been worse.

He has 2 more years after this one on his giant albatross contract. Hopefully Myers will be ready by then.

I will also say that there is probably something useful about making the brat pack the official leadership group. Now is their time -- no more excuses and no one to hide behind.

I'm not thrilled with Pommer as the C, but there were other choices being bandied about that would have been worse.

He has 2 more years after this one on his giant albatross contract. Hopefully Myers will be ready by then.

I will also say that there is probably something useful about making the brat pack the official leadership group. Now is their time -- no more excuses and no one to hide behind.

I think if anyone might have the ability to elevate their game because they have a "C" it might be Pommer. It also partly explains the extended tryout he's been getting as Vanek's righ wing. If the captain isn't a heart and soul guy he probably should be a top performer, right?

I agree that there were worse choices. He's not a rah, rah guy but maybe Lindy feels that they don't need a rah, rah guy.

Man, I'd love to hear Dwight and PA chime in on this. You know they are thinking about Pommer being a captain Lindy can manipulate.

Archived