Jason Pominville - Captain

Vandaman26

2011-12' Sabres Captain  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the Captaincy?

• Miller
    • Vanek
    • Roy

Why? This is exactly why PA's schtick was tired. Everyone knew his take on anything would be spun to take a shot at Lindy or Miller.

His analogies and resulting conversation were a helluva lot more entertaining than the oversensitive, everything is aobut me rant fests, cracks about teenage girls banging Sabres, and gay marriage innuendo we've had to suffer through all day.

At least PA started thought provoking conversation. Today's drivel has really dumbed down the joint.

His analogies and resulting conversation were a helluva lot more entertaining than the oversensitive, everything is aobut me rant fests, cracks about teenage girls banging Sabres, and gay marriage innuendo we've had to suffer through all day.

At least PA started thought provoking conversation. Today's drivel has really dumbed down the joint.

Yep

For opening day, it certainly was odd.

Back around the time Rivet was given the 'C' I was banging the drum for Pominville to get the 'C'. He had worn the 'C' for a month during the rotating Captain era. I thought at the time that he looked like a different player. That was three years ago. If Ruff didn't deem him worthy of wearing the 'C' then, I don't think his play over the past three seasons warrants the 'C' now. Hopefully the 'C' can bring Pominville's game back to where it was.

Today's drivel notwithstanding, framing PA's constant crowbarring of his anti- Miller/Ruff crusade into nearly every thread as "thought provoking" is just a bit of a stretch IMO.

Way to early to say that considering the season hasn't started.

The bolded part is my fault. Oops.

I'll try to get back on topic by adding my $0.02. In my opinion, softspoken cliche factory Pominville will perform on-ice captain duties (team representative to referees etc) while Miller is the unofficial captain (even though he cannot wear the C) as it's more his natural personality.

Today's drivel notwithstanding, framing PA's constant crowbarring of his anti- Miller/Ruff crusade into nearly every thread as "thought provoking" is just a bit of a stretch IMO.

Compared to the pearls of wisdom you provide? :doh:

PA helped provide balance. His thoughts and opinions have been greatly missed. Hopefully as the season unfolds he will return.

The bolded part is my fault. Oops.

Nowhere near just your fault. But thanks for acknowledging nonetheless.

Deluca, I seem to recall Pommer upping his game when he wore the C for a month. It could be that my memory is faulted here, but it is the reason I suggested upthread that if anyone could elevate their game with the C it is Pommer. To be honest, I don't think it will happen, but at least I have a fading memory of it going that way once before.

It makes sense. He's extremely dedicated. Takes a lot to take him out of the lineup because he works so hard. We as fans can't realyl question this because we don't know what it's like in the locker room. I though it would be Vanek, but obviously the boys felt that Pommer is the man to lead this team to a Stanley Cup.

It makes sense. He's extremely dedicated. Takes a lot to take him out of the lineup because he works so hard. We as fans can't realyl question this because we don't know what it's like in the locker room. I though it would be Vanek, but obviously the boys felt that Pommer is the man to lead this team to a Stanley Cup.

At least the "boys" actually met him before giving him the 'C'.

The all the excitement around Pegula has brought a lot more people to the board. I wouldn't say that the new people are bandwagon fans, more likely they were diehards all along, but they now need a venue to express their new found excitement. What Scott has built here fits that bill perfectly. So with all the newly energized fans you'll get some more mature connoisseurs of life like your self, some late twenty somethings with a couple of young kids who are just really getting started out in life like me, and some still growing college types like TSB and KTM/LGR. I think everyone brings a little something to the party, and people will grow in their style and choices as the season progresses and the community develops/evolves.

Remember, only one thing of any real significance to the Sabres actually happened today, it was a slow news day, but the Pommer announcement brought everyone in for a while.

In other words: Cheer Up EMO Kid

Nowhere near just your fault. But thanks for acknowledging nonetheless.

Deluca, I seem to recall Pommer upping his game when he wore the C for a month. It could be that my memory is faulted here, but it is the reason I suggested upthread that if anyone could elevate their game with the C it is Pommer. To be honest, I don't think it will happen, but at least I have a fading memory of it going that way once before.

It was a great discussion at the time. I was of the opinion that a player can be made a "Captain." That the 'C' can make the man instead of the traditional Captains are born to wear the 'C'.

Do we know whether they voted on this or if Lindy assigned them?

It was a great discussion at the time. I was of the opinion that a player can be made a "Captain." That the 'C' can make the man instead of the traditional Captains are born to wear the 'C'.

I'm still of the opinion that *generally* one becomes a good captain only if one has shown the traits that make a good captain beforehand. Who knows, maybe Pommer has some of those traits behind lockerroom doors.

I hope he's the guy they need.

Archived