Richards a Ranger

Warriorspikes51

Great. Let's get Stastny instead.

Is any of this reall new and has anyone actuall heard Richards say this. Like Ink I think Id rather have Stastny but I'm not going to get worked up by agent posturing.

so stastny has this interesting article about him getting traded to buffalo... i laughed a good deal when i read it.

Ryan Miller for Paul Stastny... lol

Is any of this reall new and has anyone actuall heard Richards say this. Like Ink I think Id rather have Stastny but I'm not going to get worked up by agent posturing.

I'd think I'd rather have a young Stastny myself...

But I think most of the rumor stuff ismisinformation/disinformation/or agent's tactics to create hyperinflation.

(I sound like Jesse Jackson)

so stastny has this interesting article about him getting traded to buffalo... i laughed a good deal when i read it.

Ryan Miller for Paul Stastny... lol

This article is ridiculous. At least from the standpoint they are coming from.

Colorodo has TONS of room under the cap. If they are moving Stastny it won't be for enroth. I realistically see them going after vokoun during FA, and with the restructuring of our defense, moving Miller at this point in time would be a very foolish move indeed.

All in all, the ability to get stastny depends on what stages of rebuilding the Avs are in. Their top centers are Stastny and Duchene, and if they had drafted huberdeau,i think the story would be a little different. But without another up and coming centerman to help that team out, i highly doubt stastny will be moving any time soon.

I've heard they are disregarding the feats of the British on 7/1 in favor of acknowledging the feats of the Bettman to add a 7th Canadian team.

your kidding right? You heard him trying to scream over the boo's, while using a microphone, while awarding the COnn Smyth and Stanley Cup in vancouver. Canadians for some reason hate bettman more then anyone else in the world, they are more likely to try and find an excuse to not acknowledge that Bettman allowed the Thrashers to move so easily and give Winnepeg a team back (and also acknowledge that Quebec is another place he would liek to see a team move back to)

your kidding right? You heard him trying to scream over the boo's, while using a microphone, while awarding the COnn Smyth and Stanley Cup in vancouver. Canadians for some reason hate bettman more then anyone else in the world, they are more likely to try and find an excuse to not acknowledge that Bettman allowed the Thrashers to move so easily and give Winnepeg a team back (and also acknowledge that Quebec is another place he would liek to see a team move back to)

I think most of their complaints are based on the knowledge that Bettman is an American - from basketball no less - running their national sport.

Would Americans be comfortable with a Canadian running MLB or the NFL?

I wouldn't mind if we got Stastny, however, my main target would still be Jason Spezza. Even above Brad Richards. He's always played great in the playoffs, and knows what that kind of hockey is all about.

I would love to get Paul Stastny as I think he needs a change of scenery and he could play really well in Buffalo. I'd love to get him.

However, I might disagree with the bolded part. Richards is a Conn Smythe winner. There is no better player in the playoffs when one is a Conn Smythe winner. I'd much rather have Richards over Spezza. But, again, if Richards is not available as most indications are, I'd take Spezza. One thing Spezza's got is he's generally pretty good on faceoffs among the other things he brings such as his scoring prowess, etc. My prioritization would be:

1. Brad Richards (likely not available to Buffalo)

2. Jason Spezza via trade

3. Paul Stastny via trade

4. Daniel Briere via trade (Although I don't think Philly would do this unless they sign Brad Richards. They traded Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, so you would assume the plan is to move forward with Briere and Giroux as your top scoring centers, but that might change if they get Brad Richards)

5. Whatever else is available

I'd be okay with re-signing Connolly and signing a guy like Brooks Laich and have four solid centers and guys like Boyes, Hecht, and McCormick filling in center roles as needed based on injury. But, my preference would be to get a top line centerman giving this team scoring depth and balance.

This article is ridiculous. At least from the standpoint they are coming from.

Colorodo has TONS of room under the cap. If they are moving Stastny it won't be for enroth. I realistically see them going after vokoun during FA, and with the restructuring of our defense, moving Miller at this point in time would be a very foolish move indeed.

All in all, the ability to get stastny depends on what stages of rebuilding the Avs are in. Their top centers are Stastny and Duchene, and if they had drafted huberdeau,i think the story would be a little different. But without another up and coming centerman to help that team out, i highly doubt stastny will be moving any time soon.

They do have Joey Hishon. I think he's going to be very good.

Note to self.....Insert extreme sarcasm emoticon when posting to threads apuszczalowski may read........

I don't think nationality has much if anything to do with it.

I'd agree. I think it has far more to do w/ seeing him as being personally responsible (or at minimum an accomplice) to 1/4 of the Canadian teams pulling up stakes.

It also probably stems from Canadians seeing it as personal between Balsillie and Bettman, whereas I see it as personal between Balsillie and 29 guys not trying to sell him a team. They might still blame him for Ottawa getting a '1st round' expansion club when it was 'rightfully' Hamilton's (though that has far more to do w/ the Loafs & Sabres than Bettman) and then giving LA a 2nd team that, again, 'rightfully' should have been in Hamilton.

Throw in no SC Championships in Canada since he's had at least 1 full season under his belt as Commissioner, and there might be something to this dislike we seem to observe.

This article isn't depressing at all. Richards could demand double what he's worth, and if NYR is will to give it to him, fantastic. As the article eluded to, everyone wants to come to the Rangers, if the price is right. And they continue to dish out the contracts. But how close are they to the cup?

Count me in for Stastny as well, however I'm happy with going after Laich, especially if we beef up the D with another stud.

This article isn't depressing at all. Richards could demand double what he's worth, and if NYR is will to give it to him, fantastic. As the article eluded to, everyone wants to come to the Rangers, if because the price is right. And they continue to dish out the contracts. But how close are they to the cup?

Fixed. As you said, they keep dishing them out. Anyone signing with the Rangers is doing so because all they care about is money. If Brad Richards has watched how they've operated and truly wants to win, then he'll sign somewhere else. As with any auction, the team that is willing to give you the most is most likely overpaying ... what does that say about how they handle money?

Archived