Richards a Ranger

Warriorspikes51

Note to self.....Insert extreme sarcasm emoticon when posting to threads apuszczalowski may read........

I knew it was a j/k, I was just making a point that if anyone hates Bettman, its Canadians for some reason, and adding a team in Winnepeg isn't going to change it because they will find their excuse. Its hip here in Canada to boo Bettman

Well, to be contrary here, I wouldn't want Stastny - not for what Colorado would demand for him. I've followed him since I decided to trade Roy for him in our $ fantasy league. A couple of months later I traded him away.

Either he's in a funk, or has lost it. Nothing...no production...and it seems no drive. Perhaps it's a team malady that affects him too, but it diminished my view of him. Of course he's young and can turn it around, but that's a gamble.

I'm not crazy about Spezza either (not that Ottawa would trade him to us). Too easily injured, production has been mediocre for someone of his caliber, and he doesn't go to the net.

Whom would I like? Well, Crosby aside, I'd go for Thornton or Pavelski. Tough guys that play hard and emulate that power forward we're all praying Kassian will be (but don't hold your breath on that).

It would take a very, very good player for me to feel comfortable with parting with someone like Ennis. Just saying...

Well, to be contrary here, I wouldn't want Stastny - not for what Colorado would demand for him. I've followed him since I decided to trade Roy for him in our $ fantasy league. A couple of months later I traded him away.

Either he's in a funk, or has lost it. Nothing...no production...and it seems no drive. Perhaps it's a team malady that affects him too, but it diminished my view of him. Of course he's young and can turn it around, but that's a gamble.

I'm not crazy about Spezza either (not that Ottawa would trade him to us). Too easily injured, production has been mediocre for someone of his caliber, and he doesn't go to the net.

Whom would I like? Well, Crosby aside, I'd go for Thornton or Pavelski. Tough guys that play hard and emulate that power forward we're all praying Kassian will be (but don't hold your breath on that).

It would take a very, very good player for me to feel comfortable with parting with someone like Ennis. Just saying...

HockeyBuzz has a rumor of Malone being on the block. Even though he's a RW, I would gladly ship off Hect and Kotalik plus a pick to land him.

He'll cost more than that.

I think so too, but with the Stamkos blockbuster deal looming plus deals for Purcell,Bergenheim,Gervais,Lundin,Smith, they looked to be strapped. Maybe a Flames-esque salary dump could be in the works. In your opinion, what would it take to land him?

I thought the same thing. He never says Rangers, just new york.

Maybe the fact that it seems like almost every highly sought after free agent goes to NYR and becomes a shell of their former self and never win the Cup will discourage him from signing there. If he's serious about going to a contender then I'd say the Sabres are closer to a Cup than NYR, but then again, he's already won the Stanley Cup so maybe it is all about the NYR lore.

I think so too, but with the Stamkos blockbuster deal looming plus deals for Purcell,Bergenheim,Gervais,Lundin,Smith, they looked to be strapped. Maybe a Flames-esque salary dump could be in the works. In your opinion, what would it take to land him?

I'm almost certain they will let Bergenheim go. But he may be a one-playoff wonder. Remember Pisani?

Ryan Malone 4 x 4.5 million left. I think it would take a good prospect, a late first and a third.

HockeyBuzz has a rumor of Malone being on the block. Even though he's a RW, I would gladly ship off Hect and Kotalik plus a pick to land him.

Problem is that Hecht or Kotalik would be a salary dump for the Sabres, not the Lightning. They would want to send us a bad contract along with Malone.

I knew it was a j/k, I was just making a point that if anyone hates Bettman, its Canadians for some reason, and adding a team in Winnepeg isn't going to change it because they will find their excuse. Its hip here in Canada to boo Bettman

You live in Canada and don't know why some Canadians hate Buttman?

I guess some of you forgot that there were multiple teams who TRIED to trade for Richards rights over the past month. Yes, each time he declined but teams still pursued him. It's not hard to imagine the Sabres were one of those teams. But believe what you want.

Could I have one of those straws for my milkshake?

This is most likely going to be Richard's last contract of his career. I don't think it's disrespectful to not waive his NTC and go to UFA. Dallas isn't entitled to something just cuz they're unable to sign him. He doesn't owe them anything, he's given them a lot already.

Wouldn't really be a salary dump if the Lightning are taking on more salary than they're unloading. If they're looking to move salary it would take young inexpensive NHL players and/or draft picks.

Archived