2011 Stanley Cup Finals

Taro T

Really? I hope you are being sarcastic. I never knew how classless some Canadian hockey fans were until I witnessed it first hand at the World Jrs this past winter. I was so embarrassed when they started booing, and then felt even worse when they started the chant. I am not a fan of Bettman, but come on.

Really? You're blaming the booing of Bettman being on 'classless Canadians?' What's the excuse for booing him in Detroit, or Carolina, or Tampa Bay, or Colorado, or New Jersey, or ...?

I can't recall the last time I've seen him speaking in front of fans and NOT getting booed.

Actually, the last time I saw him not booed was 1999 in Buff. He's a D###, plain and simple. He doesn't care about Hockey one bit. He only cares about the business of hockey. #### him.

Bummer.

The Nucks never had a chance. Bob Matthews essentially picked them to win in a high scoring game in today's D&C. If Matthews likes your chances, your ######. If he picks you outright, you might as well be Bruce Willis walking around Harlem wearing nothing but underwear and a sandwich board stating 'I hate ...'. You'll at least have a fighting chance.

You can say that again. You could become wealthy betting against Bob Matthews picks.

PTR

Actually, the last time I saw him not booed was 1999 in Buff. He's a D###, plain and simple. He doesn't care about Hockey one bit. He only cares about the business of hockey. #### him.

I'd have to go back and watch the tape to see if it came through on the broadcast, but he was booed that morning as well.

I am resigned as follows: (3) out of nowhere, there will be tons of Bruins "fans"* at HSBC next year; (4) smugness will emanate from Massachusetts Bay, across Dedham, Framingham, Swampford, Shraderbridge, Chzborough, and DeLucacester, and a lot of other really Ulstery-sounding places, and will hopefully not reach me here; (5) seriously, the Sabres need to beat the hell out of these jerkoffs next year.

*Cf. Patriots "fans" who wouldn't know Eason from Grogan, but damn, they were "lifelong fans" once the Cheat came along.

This^^^

You can say that again. You could become wealthy betting against Bob Matthews picks.

PTR

Oh yeah, he is the worst "predictor" in all of sports news. Besides, he is an arrogant douche anyways. I've hated that moron for 30 years, about the same amount of time he has been wrong with his picks.

The same could be said about David Stern, and he's probably the best commissioner of the big 4. Funny, I believe they're both attorneys. And Bettman was an NBA guy before NHL. The big difference is that the NBA is a giant and Stern is the reason. I think that offsets his agenda to make money. Bettman doesn't have that luxury, the NHL is in the basement so his agenda is exposed.

Really? You're blaming the booing of Bettman being on 'classless Canadians?' What's the excuse for booing him in Detroit, or Carolina, or Tampa Bay, or Colorado, or New Jersey, or ...?

I can't recall the last time I've seen him speaking in front of fans and NOT getting booed.

I also dislike Bettman, and have no problem with him being booed at any other point. But while he is awarding the Conn Smythe and The Cup? A few people on the fence about this game where watching this with us and just found it hilarious. They made comments about how you would never hear that at the Super Bowl or all you heard after the Mavs won was cheers.

It was ever better after I switched to VS and they had coverage of cars being burned in the streets of BC. I can live with the hypocritical media coverage of head shots in the NHL vs the NFL, but it makes it difficult to defend the league when fans behave like that.

Really? I hope you are being sarcastic. I never knew how classless some Canadian hockey fans were until I witnessed it first hand at the World Jrs this past winter. I was so embarrassed when they started booing, and then felt even worse when they started the chant. I am not a fan of Bettman, but come on.

Are you Kidding ME?????????????????

After all the crap he has talked about Canada and how upset he looked and sounded when he finally let a team go to Winnipeg.....Your post is unreal, wow.

I also dislike Bettman, and have no problem with him being booed at any other point. But while he is awarding the Conn Smythe and The Cup? A few people on the fence about this game where watching this with us and just found it hilarious. They made comments about how you would never hear that at the Super Bowl or all you heard after the Mavs won was cheers.

It was ever better after I switched to VS and they had coverage of cars being burned in the streets of BC. I can live with the hypocritical media coverage of head shots in the NHL vs the NFL, but it makes it difficult to defend the league when fans behave like that.

Dude, Bettman deserved it and worse, in fact he should have never went on the ice, he should have known that was coming and he will get that for the rest of his life, he is a douchebag.

He was booed in Pittsburgh as well, just not with as much enthusiasm as he was tonight.

Wow the riots in Couver are outta hand; absolutley ridiculous. Fires, broken windows; arrests; fights; riot police. Boston may be the dirtier team on the ice; but I think these may be the most classless fans

Never happens anywhere else......... :rolleyes:

Although it is very stupid, probably not even hockey fans.

Chicago after '92 NBA Championship

Denver after '98 Superbowl

Pittsburgh after '06 Superbowl

Boston after '07 World Series

Boston after '08 NBA Championship

Philly after '08 World Series

LA after '09 NBA Championship

It ain't the NHL and it ain't Canada.

Chicago after '92 NBA Championship

Denver after '98 Superbowl

Pittsburgh after '06 Superbowl

Boston after '07 World Series

Boston after '08 NBA Championship

Philly after '08 World Series

LA after '09 NBA Championship

It ain't the NHL and it ain't Canada.

It def happens other places; but this is the second time after a cup loss. Just overkill; but it was expected; I just didnt think it would be this bad

It would prolly be fun to be there tho :thumbsup:

This is always an exciting and yet sad time of the year for me...the last game of the season.

I'm glad the Bruins won - in fact I played them heavily in my playoff pool before the playoffs began and won it.

Reasons why I want Boston over Vancouver:

1. Sabres came into the league the same year as Vancouver and I want us to win it first

2. Raffi Torres - this guy was totally useless for us last season and I don't want to see him win it all - EVER!

3. Tim Thomas deserves the Conn Smythe and The Cup - he is humble and yet great

4. I saw the Bruins win it in 1972 and in 1970 and I think it's about time

And as always, the presentation of the Cup brought a tear to my eye - it happens every year no matter who wins it.

But there's always something to look forward to: the Entry Draft on the 24th and the Richards Derby on July 1st!!!

Are you Kidding ME?????????????????

After all the crap he has talked about Canada and how upset he looked and sounded when he finally let a team go to Winnipeg.....Your post is unreal, wow.

My point was it doesn't matter what he has said or done/ not done. I viewed it as disrespectful to the game and the accomplishments the Bruin players had just achieved. In one word "classless."

Wow the riots in Couver are outta hand; absolutley ridiculous. Fires, broken windows; arrests; fights; riot police. Boston may be the dirtier team on the ice; but I think these may be the most classless fans

Never happens anywhere else.........

Although it is very stupid, probably not even hockey fans.

Not fans of hockey, but maybe some of the people that get caught up in it being "Canada's Game?"

Really sad that we are talking about this instead of how it was a great series, or how Loungo and the Twins choked, or how Boston just physically wore them down during the 7 games.

Bruins were the better team for sure tonight.

Sadly, the loss by Vancouver has once again given the punks and thugs another reason to act like just that.

I was hoping the Canucks would win for obvious reasons but another was because I didn't want a repeat of the riots in 94. But the losers always go where they can have their mob mentality and it's happened again.

Cars on fire. Police cars flipped.

I am disgusted by the 20 somethings who are making Vancouver look like East LA. Embarrassing and disgusting.

It always happens, win or lose, but I really thought after the Olympics and the way the City acted, that this wouldn't happen again.

Gotta wonder how the parents of these kids jumping on cars are feeling because they are all over the news.

Truly sad.

Bruins were the better team for sure tonight.

Sadly, the loss by Vancouver has once again given the punks and thugs another reason to act like just that.

I was hoping the Canucks would win for obvious reasons but another was because I didn't want a repeat of the riots in 94. But the losers always go where they can have their mob mentality and it's happened again.

Cars on fire. Police cars flipped.

I am disgusted by the 20 somethings who are making Vancouver look like East LA. Embarrassing and disgusting.

It always happens, win or lose, but I really thought after the Olympics and the way the City acted, that this wouldn't happen again.

Gotta wonder how the parents of these kids jumping on cars are feeling because they are all over the news.

Truly sad.

Rick, does it have to do with the child poverty level in downtown Vancouver? I know that is a major problem, I just didn't know it the two were related. Maybe not, as some of the DBs flipping cars were wearing jerseys.

This riot is fueled by hipsters, drunks, and punk middle class teens. The girlfriend and I are just sitting here watching the feed on CTV.ca and we're just appalled. Why can't they just go drink the bars dry like we do in Buffalo?

I hope Vancouver NEVER wins a Cup now. They don't deserve it.

Archived