2011 Stanley Cup Finals

Taro T

Canucks need to rally around Mason and win it for him. He's got a very serious issue to deal with, much more so than Horton. This has to be the Canucks rallying cry. Win it for Mason!

Depends how you look at the respective injuries I guess. Hortons is a head injury. Hopefully Raymond heals and is back playing next season. Both injuries can be career threatening. Good luck to your boys tomorrow. It should be one hell of a game.

I'm just hoping that the series ends before someone else gets injured severely. Injuries are always a possibility, but dang! I'm thinking that no matter who hoists the Cup tonight, this Finals will be remembered for the bad blood and the injuries. I wonder if a rookie in the NHL could look ahead and choose between playing 10 seasons without a serious injury or winning the Cup just once, but cracking a vertebra or receiving a moderately severe concussion, which would he choose?

Oh, and I'm not real thrilled that the Canucks' training staff decided to walk Raymond off the ice. He was hurting pretty bad and probably should have been taken off on a stretcher. No way to tell if additional damage was done by letting him get up on his own, but I can't imagine it helped.

I'm just hoping that the series ends before someone else gets injured severely. Injuries are always a possibility, but dang! I'm thinking that no matter who hoists the Cup tonight, this Finals will be remembered for the bad blood and the injuries. I wonder if a rookie in the NHL could look ahead and choose between playing 10 seasons without a serious injury or winning the Cup just once, but cracking a vertebra or receiving a moderately severe concussion, which would he choose?

Oh, and I'm not real thrilled that the Canucks' training staff decided to walk Raymond off the ice. He was hurting pretty bad and probably should have been taken off on a stretcher. No way to tell if additional damage was done by letting him get up on his own, but I can't imagine it helped.

That's a good point. The way he was in pain on the ice, I was very surprised to not see the stretcher.

I pray that he'll recover.

Depends how you look at the respective injuries I guess. Hortons is a head injury. Hopefully Raymond heals and is back playing next season. Both injuries can be career threatening. Good luck to your boys tomorrow. It should be one hell of a game.

Depends which Roberto Luongo shows up. I feel sick.

About the only saving grace for me if Boston wins tonight is that they won't be celebrating in front of their "fans".

Too lazy to look it up, but I'd like to know the percentage of Finals Game 7s won by the road team. I know Pittsburgh won in Detroit a couple years ago, but before that, all I can remember of any Finals Game 7 is the home team winning.

About the only saving grace for me if Boston wins tonight is that they won't be celebrating in front of their "fans".

Too lazy to look it up, but I'd like to know the percentage of Finals Game 7s won by the road team. I know Pittsburgh won in Detroit a couple years ago, but before that, all I can remember of any Finals Game 7 is the home team winning.

It's the 16th SCF game 7 in NHL history and the sixth since 2000.

The home team has won 12 out of 15.

I always prefer it when the Cup is won at home. It's been so anticlimactic in recent years with the road team celebrating by themselves in front of a quiet crowd.

I prefer this too. that preference is a key reason for me to not want the same format that some other sports use (AHL, NBA, MLB?) for the playoffs of 2-3-2.

You know, I hate Boston fans just about as much as anyone, but rayzer, you might want to consider counseling.

Lol....as many have said already FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Boston!!!!!!!

By the way, I hate Boston. Maybe Vancouver should put a picture of Raymond, while in traction, up on the jumbotron so it can influence the Canucks to a win, just like the picture of Horton pushed Boston to a victory according to the genius duo of Milbury and Roenick......ugh......I hate em all. By the way, I hate Boston....FFFF Boston!!!!!

Lol....as many have said already FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Boston!!!!!!!

By the way, I hate Boston. Maybe Vancouver should put a picture of Raymond, while in traction, up on the jumbotron so it can influence the Canucks to a win, just like the picture of Horton pushed Boston to a victory according to the genius duo of Milbury and Roenick......ugh......I hate em all. By the way, I hate Boston....FFFF Boston!!!!!

I definitely agree on that one. They've been pushing Horton around here like he's Travis Roy.

My take, Bruins 4-3 in OT. Kaberle gets the goal on a bad bounce and wins himself a much undeserved contract. I hope it's not a blow-out. I just think both teams are a bit flawed but the Bruins have Luongo's number if they play physical, they could win going away.

My take, Bruins 4-3 in OT. Kaberle gets the goal on a bad bounce and wins himself a much undeserved contract. I hope it's not a blow-out. I just think both teams are a bit flawed but the Bruins have Luongo's number if they play physical, they could win going away.

Not in Vancouver they haven't.

I'm calling it for the hometeam, sticking with the series tradition of home ice advantage. 3-2 Vancouver, Henrik with the winner.

My take, Bruins 4-3 in OT. Kaberle gets the goal on a bad bounce and wins himself a much undeserved contract. I hope it's not a blow-out. I just think both teams are a bit flawed but the Bruins have Luongo's number if they play physical?, they could win going away.

Not in Vancouver. Boston has scored 2 goals in 3 games in Vancouver, and both goals were in the same game. I like Vancouver 2-1 in 4 OT's lol, we can only hope ...right

Heard Horton poured water from Boston on the ice before warmups. Too good.

Come on....Seriously? That's gonna slow Vancouver down now :unsure:

Here's my game 7 Stanley Cup finals video of the year. Go Nucks!!!!!

I cannot f-ing believe these a-hole NBC douchebags. "Can Boston still use the motivation from Horton's injury to catapult them to the Cup?" WTF????? Has anyone heard of Mason Raymond, or even Aaron Rome who has been gone as well as Horton???? This is just disgusting if you ask me. How can Boston "overcome"? Give me a freaking break. I bleed Red White and Blue just like any true American, but this overkill on Boston's shortcomings is brutal. This may be the only time I want to see the Cup back in it's home country. :wallbash: And take Milbury, Roenick and NBC with you.

Archived