All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

I've thought long and hard about trading Miller this off-season.

My conclusion: As much as I love my team if they trade him I'm dun.

Guess you love Miller more then you love your team.

Good thing you weren't alive for these trades:

To Colorado: Rene Robert

To Buffalo: John VanBoxmeer

To Los Angeles: Rick Martin

To Buffalo: 3rd round pick in 1981 and a 1st round pick in 1983

To Detroit: Danny Gare, Jim Schoenfeld and Derek Smith

To Buffalo: Dale McCourt, Mike Foligno and Brent Peterson

Prettu sure chz was alive for these, but they stil deserve dishonorable mention :

To NYR : Pat LaFontaine

To Buffalo : 2nd round pick in 1999

To Detroit : Dominik Hasek

To Buffalo : Slava f*cking Kozlov

Prettu sure chz was alive for these, but they stil deserve dishonorable mention :

To NYR : Pat LaFontaine

To Buffalo : 2nd round pick in 1999

Hasek somewhat f*cked us over on his deal though publically announcing his desire to leave. Similar situation to what Ottawa had to go through a couple years back with the Heatly deal. We can give DR crap for guys he signed or didn't sign but some of his trades have been straight up steals.

To Buffalo: Stu Barns

To Pitt: Matt Barnaby

To Buffalo: Rhett Warrener and a 5th round pick (Ryan Miller)

To Florida: Mike Wilson

To Buffalo: Danny Briere and a 3rd round pick

To Pheonix: Chris Gratton and a 4th round pick

To Buffalo: Chris Drury and Steve Begin

To Calgary: Rights to Rett Warrener and Steve Reinpercht

To Buffalo: Toni Lydman

To Calgary: 3rd round pick

Maybe Miller gives her a good deal on designer jeans?

That Detroit trade is just crazy. Talk about a whole lotta goodies in one basket.

Hasek somewhat f*cked us over on his deal though publically announcing his desire to leave. Similar situation to what Ottawa had to go through a couple years back with the Heatly deal. We can give DR crap for guys he signed or didn't sign but some of his trades have been straight up steals.

He also turned down Iginla for Peca and we ended up with a decade of Tiny Tim @ pushing $30 million.

I want to punch you right in the eyeball for reminding me of that trade. Although that particular screw job was 100% on Hasek and his "trade me where I tell you and for what I tell you to or I'll retire" demand.

Sorry man. It's not you. I know you're just the messenger.

By all means, credit should be given where credit is due.

But if we mention trades involving players who later left us for nothing, that too should taken into consideration.

I'd say the Briere trade is close to nullified by the DB/CD clusterf*ck, and Steve Begin was placed on waivers where the Habs picked him up, so he really doesn't belong in that trade.

Also, Buffalo gave up Cory Sarich (Holzinger and Primeau as well, but who cares?) for Chris "Bust" Gratton in the first place. When mentioning Briere, this needs to be taken into account as well.

Barnes for Barnaby - Good.

Warrener for Wilson - Epic, but takes a little away from the Drury deal as Warrener was involved there.

Lydman for a 3rd rounder - Good solid deal that deserves recognition, but hardly anything spectacular?

I want to punch you right in the eyeball for reminding me of that trade. Although that particular screw job was 100% on Hasek and his "trade me where I tell you and for what I tell you to or I'll retire" demand.

Sorry man. It's not you. I know you're just the messenger.

All Darcy had to do was show some stones and tell Hasek to go on and retire. There was NO way he was going to retire without at least one shot at it with a top team.

Worst case we miss out on Slava Kozlov.

Although Hasek acted like a prick, I can't say I blame him for wanting to win, but his intentions and motivations were clear as day, Darcy just let himself get pulled around by the nosehairs.

Those are all different IMO. Weren't all these players o the way out, or close to it, at that point?

All Darcy had to do was show some stones and tell Hasek to go on and retire. There was NO way he was going to retire without at least one shot at it with a top team.

Although Hasek acted like a prick, I can't say I blame him for wanting to win, but his intentions and motivations were clear as day, Darcy just let himself get pulled around by the nosehairs.

Was Hasek's attitude any different from Grier's when he left the first time? They both wanted to go to better situations.

My response was more than a little tongue in cheek. Don't really want to go down that path, I was jsut trying to get a snarky chuckle.

Was Hasek's attitude any different from Grier's when he left the first time? They both wanted to go to better situations.

Grier left as a UFA, Hasek was an RFA and wanted to decide where he wanted to go, and who Buffalo should get in return.

I don't blame Hasek for wanting to win - It was clear Buffalo didn't want to win.

I do however blame him for wanting to control where he went and who he went for, but ultimately, the joke is on Darcy.

As always.

Not that it changes the argument one bit, but we also got a 1st round pick (Paille) out of that trade. It must have been a weak draft because looking at all the guys selected within 20 picks of Paille, there's really not much there, probably only 2 guys who turned out better (Steen and Stoll).

I am sorry but I dont care what Hasek did or didnt do over a decade ago. I care what happens this summer. Stuff like McNabb getting signed, trying to get Foligno signed, and hopefully move up a bit in the draft to get someone good. I also care about signing Ehrhoff in the offseason and trading to make this team better. Hasek, just like Drury and even Briere no longer matter.

Those are all different IMO. Weren't all these players o the way out, or close to it, at that point?

Rico's knee was shot.

Robert's best days were behind him.

Gare was only 27 and coming off a 46 goal season and ended up the answer to the trivia question: who was Detroit's captain before Yzerman. Schoeny was only ~29. That trade was a true shocker.

Rico's knee was shot.

Robert's best days were behind him.

Gare was only 27 and coming off a 46 goal season and ended up the answer to the trivia question: who was Detroit's captain before Yzerman. Schoeny was only ~29. That trade was a true shocker.

Hugging Rick Azar. :(

I'm not keeping him because he's popular. I keep him because he's good.

The Sabres roster is full of good players. The problem is that many aren't good enough and the formula they are using to build the team isn't good enough to win a Stanley Cup.

The reality is that the Sabres are not going to be able to acquire the level of quality they need to turn this team into a contender unless they go into the offseason willing to trade any and every player. Picks, prospects and the dregs of the roster will only bring in a limited return.

Archived