All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

I think Philly moves Carter on or by draft day. They will try to get back picks and dump salary. I bet they move Versteeg too.

The Versteeg trade Philly made still has me shaking my head. ...they added him and not a goalie.

I wonder if they dump some of these guys to go after bryzgalov... I would be ok if we traded some picks for carter, or briere

I wonder if they dump some of these guys to go after bryzgalov... I would be ok if we traded some picks for carter, or briere

I don't think they move Briere, or can afford Bryzgolov.

Carter is signed through the Mayan, Aztec, and Hopi apocalypses. But I think he gets moved.

Next I would think Versteeg....or maybe Hartnell.

Ville Leino and Zherdev are free agents July 1. And they probably need two D men

they have to dump salary to make cap.

so i was just checking out phillies roster after they got eliminated to see what players were getting and such and they have 18 players that are signed for next year and there projected cap hit = 58.9mil so they have roughly depending on the cap raise 2-3mil to spend on 8 players... Predraft/FA trades might be possible there... Ironically Carter and Richards dont have any NTC before july 1 2012. Bothed are signed to forever though and jvr is only signed through next year. They have major cap troubles for the next 2 years so it will be interesting to see if hey move someone whos quite good just to dump cap.

ps. Pittsburg has a very similar situation.

When does the new TV contract kick in? The cap will most likely go up and that will help some of these teams.

I think Philly moves Carter on or by draft day. They will try to get back picks and dump salary. I bet they move Versteeg too.

The Versteeg trade Philly made still has me shaking my head. ...they added him and not a goalie.

At $3 mil next season and only being 24? If they decided to move Versteeg it wouldn't take very long.

At $3 mil next season and only being 24? If they decided to move Versteeg it wouldn't take very long.

I wouldn't be sure about that.

I don't think Philly keeps Versteeg...and I don't think they get the return on what they paid. During the Buffalo series I was open to the that thought that Versteeg wasleaving his position as a matter of design.

After watching the Boston series I'm convinced it was just undisciplined play. He really hurt his team. I'm sure that it was something Ron Wilson couldn't tolerate, and it really helped kill Philly against Boston.

I would put his stock much lower right now.

When does the new TV contract kick in? The cap will most likely go up and that will help some of these teams.

not sure by I think there is a % limit that they can raise the cap (maybe 5%) so even if it goes up 3mil or so than it will provide minimal relief and I think Pittsburg and Philly may move some ppl. It seems that pittsburg has come to the conclusion it cant have 2 elite centers and might need a couple wings but to get anything out of them would require major wheelings and dealings that I dont even wanna theorize about.

not sure by I think there is a % limit that they can raise the cap (maybe 5%) so even if it goes up 3mil or so than it will provide minimal relief and I think Pittsburg and Philly may move some ppl. It seems that pittsburg has come to the conclusion it cant have 2 elite centers and might need a couple wings but to get anything out of them would require major wheelings and dealings that I dont even wanna theorize about.

Nope.

I'm confused with some people in this thread saying trade Stafford and Mancari.

Stafford is RFA and Mancari I believe is UFA and I think has previoiusly said he will not re sign with this organization. (Ruff)

How are you trading these two?

I'm confused with some people in this thread saying trade Stafford and Mancari.Stafford is RFA and Mancari I believe is UFA and I think has previoiusly said he will not re sign with this organization. (Ruff)How are you trading these two?

First who cares about mancari? I dont, and yup hes a UFA and I hope he prospers elswewhere. As for Stafford, he is a RFA but RFA's are easier to trade because they are still technically the property of whatever team they are on. A team would get the chance to match any offer or receive picks so you could easily trade a RFA and drew is of high value right now.

Anyone think we make an attempt to sign Lidstrom?

Drafted by Detroit in 1989, played every single season of his career with detroit, this season was his only season in the - and it was a whopping -2! He had 62 pts this past season and is a first round hall of fame candidate and hes won a bunch of stuff that i dont feel like looking up or listing and is still at 42 one of the best defenders in the NHL. So nope, sadly he will either resign with detroit because hes a class act and will retire there or he will retire this season. Lidstrom is the definition of Veteran leadership and if the sabres get lidstrom id believe that when "my sh*t turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet"

The NHL announced Revenues were up 14% over last year (Sorry About the Source). Is there a plausible possibility that the cap goes up by say 10% to $65M? This would change EVERYTHING.

That article was stating that NHL Enterprises revenues were up 14%. It also states that total leaguewide revenues would be up to over $2.9B (from roughly $2.7B in '09-'10; articles I read claim the league made a smidge over $2.7B last year, but back calculating it out of the actual salary cap for '10-'11 I come up w/ $2.69B) which would be a ~7% increase.

If this year's revenues do come in at $2.9B, coupled with an increase in the cap of ~$2.5MM due to the new US TV deal, and assuming there are no major fluctuations expected in the US$/C$ exchange rate and a Cap increase to $65-66MM is plausible. My guess is it'll be $65.8MM.

I wouldn't be sure about that.

I don't think Philly keeps Versteeg...and I don't think they get the return on what they paid. During the Buffalo series I was open to the that thought that Versteeg wasleaving his position as a matter of design.

After watching the Boston series I'm convinced it was just undisciplined play. He really hurt his team. I'm sure that it was something Ron Wilson couldn't tolerate, and it really helped kill Philly against Boston.

I would put his stock much lower right now.

He's young, reasonably priced for next season with a Stanley Cup ring and name recognition. He would be as easy to move as a player can be. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sabre uniform in place of a Stafford. If the Sabres could somehow get a Brad Richards and add Kris Versteeg in a trade? That is the beginning of a pretty nice off-season.

He's young, reasonably priced for next season with a Stanley Cup ring and name recognition. He would be as easy to move as a player can be. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sabre uniform in place of a Stafford. If the Sabres could somehow get a Brad Richards and add Kris Versteeg in a trade? That is the beginning of a pretty nice off-season.

Close.

/Darcy ON

We'll be resigning Tim Connolly and Stafford instead, they're not bad people, and they'll continue to improve and mature.

They now have another 7 games of playoff experience too. We're on the right track here.

BTW, did I mention I almost pulled off a blockbuster at the deadline?

And that James Patrick hit the post in game 6 against the Stars?

/Darcy OFF

Close.

/Darcy ON

We'll be resigning Tim Connolly and Stafford instead, they're not bad people, and they'll continue to improve and mature.

They now have another 7 games of playoff experience too. We're on the right track here.

/Darcy OFF

lol nice, if Quinn was still around this would all be true.

My concern for darcy this offseason is will he have the nuts to make the trade we need.

Close.

/Darcy ON

/Darcy OFF

This is what is going to make this off-season so interesting. There is a new owner who has publicly stated the only goal of this franchise is to the win the Stanley Cup while deciding to keep a GM with a goal of simply doing enough to get buy. Something has to give. Regier has to be able to pull off something big. If the only names added are to the list of players the Sabres tried to get or almost got I would expect a pretty sizable backlash.

Did Larry take them with him?

who connolly? no, but we all know darcy does what hes told. Now the thing is he was just told to do whatever is necessary to win the cup. Like you said will be interesting offseason.

edit: LMAO! I just saw that you bolded "nuts" I think Pegula probably went and got them back lol awesome :clapping:

lol nice, if Quinn was still around this would all be true.

My concern for darcy this offseason is will he have the nuts to make the trade we need.

And we'll know if this is in fact the case over the next months, won't we?

Personally I hope you're right, and will openly admit that I was wrong if that turns out to be the case.

But the fact is, at this point - We don't really know, do we? All we have is Brad Boyes, and a rumor that Darcy almost made a trade.

*edit

Don't really know what to believe actually, I'm just scared to death Connolly will be resigned, I HAVE to joke about it :thumbsup:

[/b]

I can't see how Versteeg makes sense for Buffalo. Actually...I still can't see how he made sense for Toronto or Philly. But maybe it is a preference...

Smallish plucky winger with decent speed...but as I've said before...he isn't really a top 6 type scorer, and probably too limited defensively for third line.

I don't want anybody Clarke MacArthur makes expendable. :beer:

Centers, Centers, Centers.

I can't see how Versteeg makes sense for Buffalo. Actually...I still can't see how he made sense for Toronto or Philly. But maybe it is a preference...

Smallish plucky winger with decent speed...but as I've said before...he isn't really a top 6 type scorer, and probably too limited defensively for third line.

I don't want anybody Clarke MacArthur makes expendable. :beer:

Centers, Centers, Centers.

I don't think it makes sense for Buffalo and it certainly didn't for Toronto. But I can see why Philly wanted him. He won the cup the previous year so he could help a legitimate contender and he's a decent to good third line guy, especially on the flyers where their strength was scoring depth. Don't really want him here though.

First who cares about mancari? I dont, and yup hes a UFA and I hope he prospers elswewhere. As for Stafford, he is a RFA but RFA's are easier to trade because they are still technically the property of whatever team they are on. A team would get the chance to match any offer or receive picks so you could easily trade a RFA and drew is of high value right now.

I dont care about Mancari either and it just makes me laugh that some people are trading him. I see your point in regards to Stafford but would say the value for him is diminished unless its done as a sign and trade or his next deal is pre arranged with a new club prior to a trade.

I dont care about Mancari either and it just makes me laugh that some people are trading him. I see your point in regards to Stafford but would say the value for him is diminished unless its done as a sign and trade or his next deal is pre arranged with a new club prior to a trade.

Agreed, it's going to be interesting to see what kind of money Stafford is looking for. His actuall stat/point totals probably warrant a salary higher than what he's actually worth. I know the points are what they are but there were long stretches during the playoffs AND regular season where he was invisible.

Archived