All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

I wish darcy would hurry up and sign are RFA's so we can actually know what we need in FA. My guess is either hes the same old darcy and we should be heating our tar and getting our feathers ready OR he is negotiating contracts and discussing with black and tpegs what players and teams they want to target (i would totally say Mike Green or Ehrhoff for defense)

Seriously? The season isn't even over yet.

lol what? I am impatient. I wanna see action, drama, romance! Wait I am talking Movies. Lol I know we have lots of time before july 1 and stuff but i get bored waiting.

As for Mike Green, I would consider him well after ehrhoff but I mention him because if he scored the points he did last year for the sabres, only vanek would be better. You are right though Ehrhoff or Bieksa would be better... (Or Lidstrom, hey a kid can dream.) Shut down guy to pair with Weber or Myers would make sense at this point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AmRLUArND.hMmsRVpIQmO.p7vLYF?slug=ap-islanders-grabner 2 years younger than stafford and had a good year like drew and his cap hit will be 3mil so paying drew more than 4 is stupid. Darcy needs to learn how to sign these types of deals as opposed to over freaking paying everyone for everything.

So true, but the problem is that the contract in question pays him one mil, then two, then three, then four, then five, drew won't settle for that deal. if drew takes 3.5 a year ill be happy, any more, is simply not worth it

Edit: People are absolutely right when they claim many of our players have inflated salaries in contrast to what they bring to the table, drews contract would be a nice place to start in terms of fixing the issue

yea the point was his last year of points versus staffords and then what hes getting paid for a cap hit versus drew. AKA Drew isnt worth more than 4mil per year. :wallbash:

Look, Grabner is a former first rounder like drew, hes 2 years younger. 34g 18a for 52 pts +13

Drew- 31g 21a for 52 pts +13 former first round pick

Not saying that they equate to the same salary, but saying that if a 1 time 30 goal scorer gets 3mil a year than drew should be perhaps just above that. OF course as always this is IMO

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AmRLUArND.hMmsRVpIQmO.p7vLYF?slug=ap-islanders-grabner 2 years younger than stafford and had a good year like drew and his cap hit will be 3mil so paying drew more than 4 is stupid. Darcy needs to learn how to sign these types of deals as opposed to over freaking paying everyone for everything.

Darcy doesn't overpay for players and fans are pi$$ed (Drury, Briere, Campbell). Darcy overpays for players and fans are pi$$ed (Vanek, Pommers, Miller). I donno if anyone will really be happy with him until he's gonzo. Myself, I think it's time for a change but it's tough to slam the guy for over paying certain guys and then in the next breath say he and the team are cheap. (Not saying you mentioned the later in this post but many have made claim to both ideas)

Darcy doesn't overpay for players and fans are pi$$ed (Drury, Briere, Campbell). Darcy overpays for players and fans are pi$$ed (Vanek, Pommers, Miller). I donno if anyone will really be happy with him until he's gonzo. Myself, I think it's time for a change but it's tough to slam the guy for over paying certain guys and then in the next breath say he and the team are cheap. (Not saying you mentioned the later in this post but many have made claim to both ideas)

Sedin, Sedin, and Kesler all = 17.2mil for 3 of the best players in the game. Darcy overpays players when he waits to long and underpays players who end up leaving so yea I can complain about both things. Vanek should have been signed earliery, Briere, Miller, and Pommers. All unsigned until darcy's hand were forced. The best defense is an offense and darcy doesnt, do crap.

Vanek should have been signed earliery, Briere, Miller, and Pommers. All unsigned until darcy's hand were forced.

Miller was extended 18 days after Darcy could start negotiating with him (July 18 of the final year of his contract.) Pommer was extended in September of his final year. So, I'm not quite sure what you mean there.

Sedin, Sedin, and Kesler all = 17.2mil for 3 of the best players in the game. Darcy overpays players when he waits to long and underpays players who end up leaving so yea I can complain about both things. Vanek should have been signed earliery, Briere, Miller, and Pommers. All unsigned until darcy's hand were forced. The best defense is an offense and darcy doesnt, do crap.

Easy to point to players where gm's have players under contract for reasonable prices. But for every one of those you will find a Chris Drury type deal that is a cap nightmare. Buffalo is not the only team in the league that has over paid players. As for your other point, I think Carp answered that.

I don't want to continue to hash out the Darcy debate in which everyone already has their side. But as good of a point your Sedin Sedin Kesler deal is, what about Keith Ballard who is also on Vancouver? Guy is making 4.2 mil per for 6 years. Vancouver just signed it this past offseason and he's been a healthy scratch several games in this playoff run. Why did their GM sign this guy to such a lucrative contract? Clearly he's not bringing to the table what his salary is worth. My point is simply every GM has over paid players on their roster. Not as much an excuse as a reality. I'm not trying to come across as accepting the fact and not holding Darcy accountable. But just recognize that you can find several players on Buffalo and across the league that have favourable cap hits and guys that are clearly overpaid. The challenge now is for Darcy to make some moves and try to better this hockey club.

Overpaying is paying more than market value, in which Vancouver is not much of an example.

The Sedins took less than market to stay together.

Kessler took less than market to win a cup.

Darcy has been paying market prices...not prices over the market.

Overpaying is paying more than market value, in which Vancouver is not much of an example.

That's such a ridiculously rare scenario right there. The main reason for it is blatantly obvious. It kind of makes me wonder if any of the Staals would eventually try something like that.

That's such a ridiculously rare scenario right there. The main reason for it is blatantly obvious. It kind of makes me wonder if any of the Staals would eventually try something like that.

Actually the Hurricanes have two Staal's in the organization (Eric and Jared)..but Jared has been slow to develop. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a play for Jordan or Marc.

Actually the Hurricanes have two Staal's in the organization (Eric and Jared)..but Jared has been slow to develop. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a play for Jordan or Marc.

When did that happen? I know that crappy no good 2nd round draft pick Staal (what a slacker) was drafted by Phoenix, but never saw a trade happen.

Ouch, I just looked it up. Drafted in the 2nd then traded for a 5th rounder two years later. Also spent significant time in the ECHL this year. The family should disown him.

When did that happen? I know that crappy no good 2nd round draft pick Staal (what a slacker) was drafted by Phoenix, but never saw a trade happen.

Ouch, I just looked it up. Drafted in the 2nd then traded for a 5th rounder two years later. Also spent significant time in the ECHL this year. The family should disown him.

He might win the Keith Gretzky Award.

I want to get these deals. That is when we will join Detroit as perrenial cup contenders.

Miller was extended 18 days after Darcy could start negotiating with him (July 18 of the final year of his contract.) Pommer was extended in September of his final year. So, I'm not quite sure what you mean there.

Easy to point to players where gm's have players under contract for reasonable prices. But for every one of those you will find a Chris Drury type deal that is a cap nightmare. Buffalo is not the only team in the league that has over paid players. As for your other point, I think Carp answered that.

See what happens when i go on vacation i forget what the hell I am talking about. Briere, Drury, Vanek, Campbell, all unsinged for far to long. no clue why i went with pommers or milsy but idc about those two because i think they are worth what they make. Paying stafford 5mil because he scored 30 goals once and has never topped 60 pts is so retarded it defies logic. That was and is the point. And How come no one ever wants to take a home town discount to stay in buffalo? Darcy may have something to do with that.

See what happens when i go on vacation i forget what the hell I am talking about. Briere, Drury, Vanek, Campbell, all unsinged for far to long. no clue why i went with pommers or milsy but idc about those two because i think they are worth what they make. Paying stafford 5mil because he scored 30 goals once and has never topped 60 pts is so retarded it defies logic. That was and is the point. And How come no one ever wants to take a home town discount to stay in buffalo? Darcy may have something to do with that.

Sounds like Grier is re-signing with Buffalo or retiring which really says something. But anyways, holidays? Gosh the way work is right now with me I don't know when I'm going to get time off. Make sure to enjoy that sh!t!!

Sounds like Grier is re-signing with Buffalo or retiring which really says something. But anyways, holidays? Gosh the way work is right now with me I don't know when I'm going to get time off. Make sure to enjoy that sh!t!!

I wouldnt mind grier for another year hes solid and yea I am back from vacation, it was awesome.

Scott Cullen over at TSN had a blog: OFF-SEASON GAME PLAN: COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

It mentions their goaltending concerns. Instead of talk about trading Miller to the Flyers - maybe there should be some talk about trading him to the Blue Jackets. They have a bunch of young talent that could help the Sabres. You could try to go two routes maybe either top prospect or exiting player: Ryan Johansen - the #4 pick in last years draft or Rick Nash, if they want to swap big salaries, or maybe Derick Brassard who is young but has played a few seasons where he has had his ups and downs.

Scott Cullen over at TSN had a blog: OFF-SEASON GAME PLAN: COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

It mentions their goaltending concerns. Instead of talk about trading Miller to the Flyers - maybe there should be some talk about trading him to the Blue Jackets. They have a bunch of young talent that could help the Sabres. You could try to go two routes maybe either top prospect or exiting player: Ryan Johansen - the #4 pick in last years draft or Rick Nash, if they want to swap big salaries, or maybe Derick Brassard who is young but has played a few seasons where he has had his ups and downs.

I've thought long and hard about trading Miller this off-season.

My conclusion: As much as I love my team if they trade him I'm dun.

Archived