Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Miller is better than Luongo now and for the duration of their careers.

I don't think that stands up statistically. The profiles look pretty similar.

And I was just reminded that Luongo of course played on the Island and in Florida. So he's less of a franchise goalie in Vancouver than I thought.

Let's face them off in a seven game series and see what happens. Right now, on the big stage, it's Luongo 1, Miller 0 thanks to Sid.

...thanks to Sid and the rest of a vastly superior group of skaters. There's a reason quite a few hockey writers were saying that none of the US skaters would have made the Canadian team (although in truth I think that was overstated -- but only slightly). There's also a reason Miller was the MVP of that tournament.

It's also worth remembering that Luongo hasn't done diddly in the playoffs in his career. Let's see how he does this year as the key man for the consensus favorite.

...thanks to Sid and the rest of a vastly superior group of skaters. There's a reason quite a few hockey writers were saying that none of the US skaters would have made the Canadian team (although in truth I think that was overstated -- but only slightly). There's also a reason Miller was the MVP of that tournament.

It's also worth remembering that Luongo hasn't done diddly in the playoffs in his career. Let's see how he does this year as the key man for the consensus favorite.

He also makes just about $4 million more per year that Miller.

Crusading! It's against the law! :D

These boards wouldn't exist without it. Many have crusaded against Quinn. Connolly. Hell, half of the owner's posts are bashing Montador.

Get real.

I don't know of any posters here who crowbar their anti Quinn, Connolly, Montador etc. views into virtually every post. I remember posters being banned over there for their anti-Bledsoe crusades back in the day. I don't see much difference between them and you with the constant Ruff and/or Miller stuff. So it's more lax here, it doesn't make your crusading any less tiresome.

Let's face them off in a seven game series and see what happens. Right now, on the big stage, it's Luongo 1, Miller 0 thanks to Sid.

As you said, it's thanks to Sid, not thanks to Luongo.

Back to the point--or, well, what has become the point, since this was a GDT: We still don't know what the Sabres have in ETHRON. We won't this season. We might next season. A jerky reaction that the Sabres should trade MIller this summer is, well, jerky.

I don't know of any posters here who crowbar their anti Quinn, Connolly, Montador etc. views into virtually every post. I remember posters being banned over there for their anti-Bledsoe crusades back in the day. I don't see much difference between them and you with the constant Ruff and/or Miller stuff. So it's more lax here, it doesn't make your crusading any less tiresome.

Rep, it is an endless onslaught......... :beer:

I don't think that stands up statistically. The profiles look pretty similar.And I was just reminded that Luongo of course played on the Island and in Florida. So he's less of a franchise goalie in Vancouver than I thought.

Stats of what on ice players cannot stand upto compare goalies...

We cant compare Luongo because he won a game in OT over Miller..

Can someone translate this one for me?

Sure.

Stats ut glaciem quae scaenicis Genitus est usque non stetit ... goalies compare

Nos cant compare Luongo adepti quod feras super OT Miller ..

XI

Are you aware of the ignore feature?

These boards wouldn't exist without it. Many have crusaded against Quinn. Connolly. Hell, half of the owner's posts are bashing Montador.

Get real.

Back a couple of years ago, I had a pretty good campaign going against Campbell. :D

Get real.

Your absurdity is really getting out of hand... The tipping point is when the poster becomes the focus of the conversation and not the topic. I can assure you that most people are not enamored with your particular brand of trolling as you are with yourself.

and to set the record straight - I have made 11 posts about Steve Montador since December of 2009. Never compare me to you...

Your absurdity is really getting out of hand... The tipping point is when the poster becomes the focus of the conversation and not the topic. I can assure you that most people are not enamored with your particular brand of trolling as you are with yourself.

and to set the record straight - I have made 11 posts about Steve Montador since December of 2009. Never compare me to you...

11/22, just like I said.

Again, ignore, shut the ###### up or ban, your call.

Edit: or ban the posters who are MAKING me the topic of conversation.

Can we vote in favor of keeping PA? I get that some people are frustrated with anti-Miller posts, but I think most of PA's points are valid.

And how boring would this board be if we all agreed on everything?

Plus, how much hockey insight does each of us offer in between game threads? Everyone has their favorites and their not-favorites and we sorta just go around in circles waiting for the next game to start anyway. This board is super tame by internet standards. I'm amazed anyone is having that much trouble with anyone here.

Can we vote in favor of keeping PA? I get that some people are frustrated with anti-Miller posts, but I think most of PA's points are valid.

And how boring would this board be if we all agreed on everything?

Plus, how much hockey insight does each of us offer in between game threads? Everyone has their favorites and their not-favorites and we sorta just go around in circles waiting for the next game to start anyway. This board is super tame by internet standards. I'm amazed anyone is having that much trouble with anyone here.

I vote to keep him. After the Sabres beat Boston in the first round he's going to retract everything anyway.

Archived