GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Yes, he seems to have underwehlming games against the 'Canes, especially in their building. Putting Enroth in may throw the 'Canes just enough of a curve to pull out a close game. :thumbsup:

The last game was pretty tightly contested. Seems if Vanek could have potted any of a dozens close calls, it would have never gone to OT. Ryan played pretty well. With the exception of the 3 late goals against Nashville, he's been pretty solid.

Yes, he seems to have underwehlming games against the 'Canes, especially in their building. Putting Enroth in may throw the 'Canes just enough of a curve to pull out a close game. :thumbsup:

The last time Miller failed to at least get a point against Carolina in Carolina is Oct 24, 2007.

I'm going to buck the trend here and say Miller (TOR), Enroth (NYR), Miller (WAS), Miller (CAR).

So why NYR? Without question in my mind, Enroth is going to have to play one game. Tonight's game doesn't make sense since Miller has had two days rest. I know folks want to draw a distinction between WAS and NYR. I see them as the same. The Sabres need to win one of those two. I pick Enroth for NYR giving Miller two days rest before WAS and CAR. Cam Ward will also be playing back-to-back games over the weekend. They will both be equally tired. Just comes down to a hunch for me.

I see a big difference in talent between NYR and WAS (esp if OV is back). That NYR game seems like a low scoring , deliberate paced, slug fest. I think Enroth would manage that style very well.

Now if Buffalo wins @TOR, NYR, @WAS with Miller, Enroth, Miller, I go with Enroth @CAR. But only in the scenario where they win three (not likely IMHO).

Watch it, We're trying to go slug free here! :doh:

The Sabres lost 1-0 last game. One to Nothing. Ya, it was really Miller playing underwhelming :wallbash:

Next year. TPegs with make sure that we have a goalie that will play every 5th or 6th game (whether that be Enroth or someone else). If they get locked in at 8th, I have no probably with putting in Enroth for most of the remaining games but until they have sealed that puppy up, I wan't Miller playing any game he feels ready for.

And before I get the reply "Do you really think TPegs is going to tell Ruff how to coach?" I'm not saying he is, I just think he will put someone in that backup role to do more than be a cheerleader.

I think the plan was to have Enroth as the backup on the big squad next year regardless of who the owner would have been.

A difference is that if that plan is clearly not working, I can see the implementation of a plan B as possible with the current owner; w/ the last one, not so much.

And on a separate note, my guess is that people predicting Miller, Miller, Enroth, Miller for the next few days will be correct. I expect that Miller will get the Philly start and that the other 2 starts could go either way depending upon how the Sabres do in the other games. (If they've won all 4 heading into the TB game &/or the Canes have played like Candycanes, we see Enroth; if not we see Miller. If the Sabres are in the dance in Columbus we see Enroth, if they need the win to get in it's Miller Time.)

I think the plan was to have Enroth as the backup on the big squad next year regardless of who the owner would have been.

I'd like to see a vet brought in on a two-way contract and then he and Enroth can battle it out for the backup spot. Either way, they're left with a decent option as a 3rd goalie, which is something they're going to need. Whether it's Enroth or the vet, they then get to show a new signing (Knapp/Eidsness) the ropes down in Portland.

I want a balanced schedule for our number one goaltender that keeps him fresh for the playoffs and limits his chances of getting injured especially against teams that may take liberties.

So yes I do want a backup to play in some of these big games. With all remaining seven games ability to effect their final seeding can't it be said they are all big games ? What clinches a spot for you ?

Last I see some value in not just relying on your goaltender going into the playoffs and throwing some responsibilty/trust to the team to play solid in front of whoever you put in net.

What clinches a spot for me is pretty obvious. When we have enough points to secure at least 8th place and no other team can pass us.

Since Miller will most likely play every game in the playoffs, I would like him to play all of them until we clinch a playoff spot and then he can rest.You can't not play someone because you fear they might get injured.

I say Washington, we need Miller ready for the Canes. Hopefully we'll beat Carolina and pretty much have the playoffs wrapped up which would allow us to give Miller atleast one game off the final weekend of the season. If this goes to plan, he'll only have to play 5 of the last 7.

I think it'll shake down something like this, but if I had it my way, I would strongly consider playing Enroth tomorrow against NYR.

The faster we clinch, the sooner Miller can rest before playoff time. The hitch is that there's still four teams currently not in the playoffs that could mathematically catch us, making it possible that we don't clinch until the finals games of the season.

But if we win tonight: It's suddenly a crushing situation for Toronto AND New Jersey AND a not-so-good situation for Atlanta.

IF WE WIN TONIGHT IN REGULATION:

a) To get in, Toronto would need: Toronto to win out, Sabres to lose out, no other catch up by any other teams (and those teams would have more games in hand). (if everything else lined up, Leafs could get in with one OTL allowed, depending on the Sabres/Leafs regulation wins tiebreaker)

b) To get in, Jersey would need the same thing, but with no room for any OTLs.

c) To get in, Atlanta would need to win out, the Sabres to collect fewer than four points out of the last available 12, and Carolina to get out of the picture.

Keep hoping for Montreal, NYR, and Tampa to suck their way out of the playoffs and keep hoping for Carolina to stay down. That 4/3 game in RBC might be a biggun'.

What clinches a spot for me is pretty obvious. When we have enough points to secure at least 8th place and no other team can pass us.

Since Miller will most likely play every game in the playoffs, I would like him to play all of them until we clinch a playoff spot and then he can rest.You can't not play someone because you fear they might get injured.

Fair enough on the play till we clinch 8th position although I am not personally found of the possible letdown, i.e. making it and resting on your laurels potenital start to playoffs rather than battle hardened here we go again.

The injury mention was just that, another factor for me not a fear. After witnessing last years playoff exit I am more about having Miller rested, in good health and state of mind because we both know he will play every single playoff game till he is injured or they are out whichever comes first.

Hey Guys, anyone have a thread for this game; I usually follow on justin.tv but dont see it up tonight : (

Bookmark THIS SITE so you don't have to ask every game. They always have a game day thread with links.

Although I see they don't have any listed for tonight's game. :blush:

Archived