GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

"I just didn't close off cross-body," Miller said. "It was rising up and I didn't have a step on it, so I just looked stupid."

:sick:

Can't he just say "I screwed up" or "My bad"?

Insecure and overanalytical, terrible combination for a goalie.

Where does overanalytical fall in the character traits of message board posters?

"I just didn't close off cross-body," Miller said. "It was rising up and I didn't have a step on it, so I just looked stupid."

So he is asked what happened on that goal, and instead of giving the generic "I screwed up" (which you would have undoubtedly jumped on him for as well), he gives a specific answer as to what happened which can be summarized as "I screwed up" and you still get on his case. Miller had a bad game and was the main reason why they lost yesterday and you don't like him. We get it.

Nobody thought Darcy would get the endorsement he did. Everybody thought Pegula was this bad ass who was going to clean house, starting at the deadline. Connolly was going to be gone then. And, really, who would have predicted that he would use the Miller/Vanek injury excuse to explain missing the playoffs/getting bounced from the first round? Or that he would blame the News for the "quit" in the team, and expect the media to pull in their direction?

Pegula -- anything's possible.

Whatever floats his boat. but if he expects anyone in the league to buy into his "from now on Buffalo is hockey heaven" statement, he'd do himself a favor and drop Timmy in the off-season.

Failure to dump a sufficient amount of passengers, both staff and players, will just turn the "Pegula Reign" in to "Golisano Part II".

Doubt that'll attract anyone worth a mention.

So you've been begging all year for him to take personal responsibility, he does that and then some by explaining what he did wrong, and you still have a problem with it? Is there anything short of 98 shutouts that he can do to make you happy?

Where does overanalytical fall in the character traits of message board posters?

Oh...

SNAP

OK, not bad.

Let's try it this way though. See how it feels:

"There was a lot to hate.

Another chance to choke tomorrow."

Better, right?

I'm looking for the right words to sincerely express that the application of your editorial voice to me isn't very much fun.

I probably do it to you to.

No, satistical probabilities based on regression analysis. So you should bet if you believe your out of your butt predictions.

I have to nitpick on this one a bit. It's not based on regression. It's a simulation. They simulate out the results of the remainder of the season a very large number of times and then they count how many times each team makes the playoffs.

Only with you. I do stand corrected that the revised analysis is worse for the Sabres and better for the Canes-- it is 80% and 23% respectively. But it is the true probabilities as of right now. Whether you choose to believe it is the same as if you choose to believe the Earth is round. Just because you don't understand something does not make it scientifically untrue.

Oh what the hell, another nitpick. I'm not so crazy about the phrase true probabilities there. They're assuming a probability of a win for each game based on previous results, which throws that word true right out the window. Personally, if there was anything we could label as "true", I'd go with all outcomes of a game being equally likely (although I don't know how an OTL would fit into that one). Maybe carp will chime in on this.

However I do not think they retain his services after this year unless it is for a greatly reduced price aka 1.5mil. Connolly is lockeroom cancer way more than roy in IMO but hey with Tpegs you never know if he loves connolly, however Black I think would persuade him otherwise.

Rampant speculation

Lent.

When you become a mod, don't they take into a secure room and inform you about all the deep, dark, dirty secrets of SabreSpace? Like when they tell the president Jackie had Jack killed, and the secret recipe for Coke?

Archived