GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Totally jobbed by Auger and Watson. Called most things the Sabres did and almost nothing that the Leafs did. Our PP sucks, but it might have taken some life out of the Leafs for us. I can't stand that frog Auger. He always seems to favor the Canadian teams.

Oh, and Miller was off his game starting with the first goal.

With the Devils done, it's time to become a Caniac. What a story that would be!!

Actually, despite the 3 point lead the Sabres are probably the underdog here. They have the Rangers who are 8-2 in their last 10 games and Washington that is 7-3 in their last 10. The Canes have Montreal 4-6 and the Islanders that are also 4-6 in their last 10.

now that i am slightly over this, but only slightly, I am glad....had they won in regulation, they would have been in a pretty good position, but now they have to continue to sweat this out and they will only be better for it in the long run....that said, nothing is going to change how our Defense played anytime soon. we have some huge holes back there...

Monty looked like cow dung tonight

No ###### it was. Tell me, when the Sabres do have a performance worth applauding do we ever hear from you about it? Or do we hear about WTF waves and Ruff ruining young players instead?

Do you and others really have the passion to rail against me after a game like that, but none to focus on the Sabres?

See boi, fan-.

The way it usually works, for most normal teams, is to sit your starter when you know you have a stretch of games in a short period of time. We had the leafs, then Rags, Caps and Canes; all of which are much bigger/harder opponets; Miller shoulda got the game off tonight even if solely based on the opponent. Clearly the two days off did not help him. Im usually not a miller basher and I sometimes question Ruff; but nothing added up about the choice made tonight

I see your point, but IMO this game was bigger than the Caps game. Considering the fact that Miller is something like 24-10 lifetime against the leafs, Lindy, like most considered this a good chance to get an easy 2 points. The plan was probably to play Miller tomorrow, Enroth Saturday (if Sabres win and/or Canes lose), and Miller Sunday.

Actually, despite the 3 point lead the Sabres are probably the underdog here. They have the Rangers who are 8-2 in their last 10 games and Washington that is 7-3 in their last 10. The Canes have Montreal 4-6 and the Islanders that are also 4-6 in their last 10.

thats why a sabres win and a canes lost tonight would have been huge. I still think Enroth should get the nod in Carolina on Sunday

LMFAO that replay was so funny. Looked like someone in the crowd put a bullet through Reimer's brain the way he fell over like that...

Can't they call the dive against the goalie? Weber did all he could to avoid him and just barely brushed him.

Are you F****kin kidding me; F**K these zebras

I knew we were in trouble when I saw Auger was one of 'em.

A terrible game by the defense to tonight and that goaltender interference was total BS

Correctomundo!

No doubt finally having been brought up to full speed on the vaunted Ruff System.

Lines got all shifted around after Hecht couldn't continue. I didn't really miss him while he was out, either.

I see your point, but IMO this game was bigger than the Caps game. Considering the fact that Miller is something like 24-10 lifetime against the leafs, Lindy, like most considered this a good chance to get an easy 2 points. The plan was probably to play Miller tomorrow, Enroth Saturday (if Sabres win and/or Canes lose), and Miller Sunday.

I still think it should have been enroth tonight, miller tomorrow. Morrison and Monty stunk it up and Miller blew two goals

thats why a sabres win and a canes lost tonight would have been huge. I still think Enroth should get the nod in Carolina on Sunday

Be honest, isn't it better this way? The drama of this week can be outstanding. This may be the best week of hockey in a long long time. Every game, every period and every shift will be monstrous.

I can see that situation making sense too, and that woulda been great if the sabres won tonight; but that really puts the team in a conundrum if they lose tomorrow night; because then It appears that Miller will have to start both next weekend; I think enroth is up to the challenge, but that really is a tall order for a rookie at this time of the year. The pressure is not off this team; and ALOT can still happen with 6 games or so to go; we cant have a team brain fart like we did tonight, its just unacceptable at this time of the year; In saying that, I will have in beer in anticipation of a big win tomorrow night 2 points over the NY On the Rags :clapping:

That would be a big negative. After tonight, Sabres chances of making the playoffs dropped from 91% to 85.6% Carolina's shot up from 11% to 16% If you really believe what you write, put some money on the Canes. You might get back your money lost on the Devils.

wow.

The two softies that Miller spotted didn't help, but I lost count of all the give-aways. No look passes right to the leafs sticks....out-hussled to the puck on just about every dump-in too many bad grades to hand out tonight - F's all around.

Ticky-tacky penalties going the leafs way all game long - till they threw a token one our way in the third...not that we did anything with it.

Lindy has some work to do...the players have to know they are in for some hellish practices after that stinker. :sick: :bag:

I still think it should have been enroth tonight, miller tomorrow. Morrison and Monty stunk it up and Miller blew two goals

Miller needs to be the guy for the rest of the season unless they clinch a spot. If he can't carry the load then ship his $6 mil a$$ out of here.

Be honest, isn't it better this way? The drama of this week can be outstanding. This may be the best week of hockey in a long long time. Every game, every period and every shift will be monstrous.

Absofuchinglutely!!!! And what better way to measure the true makeup of the team? (not that we don't already know)

That would be a big negative. After tonight, Sabres chances of making the playoffs dropped from 91% to 85.6% Carolina's shot up from 11% to 16% If you really believe what you write, put some money on the Canes. You might get back your money lost on the Devils.

You qoute imaginary percentages?

Not really I wanted us up 7 or 9 before that game Sunday. Ward is owning us lately and not feeling good about this game on sunday, we could be in serious bad shape and they have the more favorable schedule right now

Archived