GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

All barb slinging aside, I thought it was a pretty entertaining game. I really did (maybe it's the booze,..actually, there is no maybe about it). Other than the obvious dive by the goalie, I, personally, didn't notice the refs. There were good chances by both teams and the difference was a bad Miller. That's it. I hope we win tomorrow.

Was MIller bad on the goals? All I saw was the late second and all of the third, and he was freaking awesome in the third. But that doesn't mean that he didn't suck through the first 35 minutes or so.

He did make a crucial mistake on the 4-on-4 late in the third when he pushed the puck away rather than freezing it. The team badly needed a change at the time, and he should have recognized that. Even Hasek would have frozen that one.

I hate this game and ya we f*$#ing sucked. I am angry and hope the players get angry because losing tomorrow is not an option... thank god i dont have my second class cuz i am planting myself in front of the tv and praying we dont suck a second night... o and the refs called a penalty whenever the leafs through up their arms and said HEY, total bs. :censored:

All barb slinging aside, I thought it was a pretty entertaining game. I really did (maybe it's the booze,..actually, there is no maybe about it). Other than the obvious dive by the goalie, I, personally, didn't notice the refs. There were good chances by both teams and the difference was a bad Miller. That's it. I hope we win tomorrow.

First goal was inexcusable. That's on Miller

The next two were pretty poor D....Leafs walked right in.

I'm not completely surprised by the loss tonight. After playing two trapping teams (Florida, and NJ) Toronto looked 3x as fast in comparison. (That's why I hate NJ... boring stuff, Toronto much more entertaining albeit inconsistent)

Sabres Defense was pretty ugly. That looked like the D was tele-ported in from October.

No ability to get the forwards the puck with speed. Lots of individual play in the offensive zone, and poor puck support.

Can't blame the refs. That was a stinker. Still there were chances to tie that one.

Morrison looked like an AHL Callup. I wonder if they dress Graniani tomorrow. He can play D and forward, and Morrison can just play the PK where he's great.

not really. But I thought the calling a spade a spade shot was a bit cheap when I was in the discussion here all night and then he showed up to emote.

Sorry -- I can't watch the game and type comments at the same time. Cheap shots now tied at 1. Or maybe I just took the lead.

All I meant was if there ever was a night you could slam the Sabres, this was it. Well, I guess you've thought it over and decided to call it a "stinker." It's a start. Stick with me, kid.

First goal was inexcusable. That's on Miller

The next two were pretty poor D....Leafs walked right in.

I'm not completely surprised by the loss tonight. After playing two trapping teams (Florida, and NJ) Toronto looked 3x as fast in comparison. (That's why I hate NJ... boring stuff, Toronto much more entertaining albeit inconsistent)

Sabres Defense was pretty ugly. That looked like the D was tele-ported in from October.

No ability to get the forwards the puck with speed. Lots of individual play in the offensive zone, and poor puck support.

Can't blame the refs. That was a stinker. Still there were chances to tie that one.

Morrison looked like an AHL Callup. I wonder if they dress Graniani tomorrow. He can play D and forward, and Morrison can just play the PK where he's great.

It didn't help that Miller moved across the crease like an old man returning soup in a deli.

Sorry -- I can't watch the game and type comments at the same time. Cheap shots now tied at 1. Or maybe I just took the lead.

All I meant was if there ever was a night you could slam the Sabres, this was it. Well, I guess you've thought it over and decided to call it a "stinker." It's a start. Stick with me, kid.

There was plenty not to like.

Big game tomorrow.

First off, Ruff was right in playing Miller tonite. Coming off a great week and two days rest of course he plays. Miller did have a rough night but the defense was horrendous. Odd man rushes, constant giveaways, this team was horrible tonite.

If we make the playoffs, and now that is a big if, they'll be done in four if they play like that.

Everything good about Sunday was just erased today with that horrible performance.

They played terrible and deserved to lose. But everybody should be used to this by now. Since game 15 (61 games) the Sabres have lost 3 in a row ONCE! I highly doubt there is any other team in the league that can say that. If there is any team in the league that knows how to figure out their mistakes and forget about the previous game, it's this team. This isn't doom and gloom. I think they'll bounce back nicely tomorrow. I've watched the last couple of Rangers games and I'm not really impressed. They have a total of 3 goals in 3 games. Of course, they've only given up 1.

I had a laugh when the TO announcer said this might be Connelly's last year (as an NHLer?) because of plays like his uncontested giveaway in the 3rd. I wasn't laughing too hard though when Montador coughed it up right in front of his own net.

They played terrible and deserved to lose. But everybody should be used to this by now. Since game 15 (61 games) the Sabres have lost 3 in a row ONCE! I highly doubt there is any other team in the league that can say that. If there is any team in the league that knows how to figure out their mistakes and forget about the previous game, it's this team. This isn't doom and gloom. I think they'll bounce back nicely tomorrow. I've watched the last couple of Rangers games and I'm not really impressed. They have a total of 3 goals in 3 games. Of course, they've only given up 1.

Yeah, but their problem is they figure them out, play better for a game or two and then backslide to the point they were at earlier. When you have a former player like Rob Ray pointing out exactly what the Sabres are doing wrong AND how to correct it, how come the coaching staff and the players can't work it out? By the way, I though both teams were lackluster for most of the game, except the Leafs knew when to turn it on. Their rushes killed the Sabres and the D couldn't figure out how to prevent that the whole game (hint - hit someone!).

Tonight's game could be the turning point. A win and things are looking brighter. A loss and things will get tight. C'mon, men - play like you know you can. Let's go!

Yeah, but their problem is they figure them out, play better for a game or two and then backslide to the point they were at earlier. When you have a former player like Rob Ray pointing out exactly what the Sabres are doing wrong AND how to correct it, how come the coaching staff and the players can't work it out? By the way, I though both teams were lackluster for most of the game, except the Leafs knew when to turn it on. Their rushes killed the Sabres and the D couldn't figure out how to prevent that the whole game (hint - hit someone!).

Tonight's game could be the turning point. A win and things are looking brighter. A loss and things will get tight. C'mon, men - play like you know you can. Let's go!

I hope Rob Ray becomes coach of the Sabres someday soon. At least I wouldn't have to listen to that Canuck drone as an announcer.

Seems like you started to believe it as well.

Not from this negative ninny. It's about bad JuJu. Let's have them clinch a playoff birth before we anoint them the Stanley Cup Champs.

They did the exact same thing with the Bills when they went 5-1 with Trent Edwards as the QB. How did that season turn out.

I had a laugh when the TO announcer said this might be Connelly's last year (as an NHLer?) because of plays like his uncontested giveaway in the 3rd. I wasn't laughing too hard though when Montador coughed it up right in front of his own net.

As long as he not on the Sabres, and I'm not as confident as some that he won't be re-signed. Pegula has come off as quite the fanboi.

That happens, and I'll be happy rooting for the Panthers for the rest of my life, as least they don't get your hopes up.

Nobody thought Darcy would get the endorsement he did. Everybody thought Pegula was this bad ass who was going to clean house, starting at the deadline. Connolly was going to be gone then. And, really, who would have predicted that he would use the Miller/Vanek injury excuse to explain missing the playoffs/getting bounced from the first round? Or that he would blame the News for the "quit" in the team, and expect the media to pull in their direction?

Pegula -- anything's possible.

Nobody thought Darcy would get the endorsement he did. Everybody thought Pegula was this bad ass who was going to clean house, starting at the deadline. Connolly was going to be gone then. And, really, who would have predicted that he would use the Miller/Vanek injury excuse to explain missing the playoffs/getting bounced from the first round? Or that he would blame the News for the "quit" in the team, and expect the media to pull in their direction?

Pegula -- anything's possible.

Q: Where does your philosophy fall on retaining players?

A: "I want to keep not only statistically good players, but winners, good players." Connolly in all likelihood right now makes this team better. However I do not think they retain his services after this year unless it is for a greatly reduced price aka 1.5mil. Connolly is lockeroom cancer way more than roy in IMO but hey with Tpegs you never know if he loves connolly, however Black I think would persuade him otherwise. The times are changin in blo so lets win tonight and hope this summer results in a team to be feared and respected.

Q: Where does your philosophy fall on retaining players?

A: "I want to keep not only statistically good players, but winners, good players." Connolly in all likelihood right now makes this team better. However I do not think they retain his services after this year unless it is for a greatly reduced price aka 1.5mil. Connolly is lockeroom cancer way more than roy in IMO but hey with Tpegs you never know if he loves connolly, however Black I think would persuade him otherwise. The times are changin in blo so lets win tonight and hope this summer results in a team to be feared and respected.

We're in fear alright.... :D

"I just didn't close off cross-body," Miller said. "It was rising up and I didn't have a step on it, so I just looked stupid."

:sick:

Can't he just say "I screwed up" or "My bad"?

Insecure and overanalytical, terrible combination for a goalie.

"I just didn't close off cross-body," Miller said. "It was rising up and I didn't have a step on it, so I just looked stupid."

:sick:

Can't he just say "I screwed up" or "My bad"?

Insecure and overanalytical, terrible combination for a goalie.

Did you hear what he said right before that? Something close to "I don't know how to say it without saying I screwed it up". Then just say that, Ryan!

Edit:

Here's the link to the audio

Archived