GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

No, satistical probabilities based on regression analysis. So you should bet if you believe your out of your butt predictions.

Don't those numbers seem a big bogus to you though? Canes are three points behind with a game in their barn. 86 to 16? If the situation was reversed, I'd be crying BS on behalf of the Sabres.

No, satistical probabilities based on regression analysis. So you should bet if you believe your out of your butt predictions.

Better my butt than some spreadsheet that takes nothing tangible into account. Do those "percentages" change based on injuries or a hot goalie?

Don't those numbers seem a big bogus to you though? Canes are three points behind with a game in their barn. 86 to 16? If the situation was reversed, I'd be crying BS on behalf of the Sabres.

They are another version of the "Power Ranking." They mean absolutely nothing.

Whatever, statstical analysis is a science--it just can't compete with opinion.

you expect him to ever say anything positive. It was a brutal game by the defense and Montador coushed up some big ones that if Miller hadnt made play could have been 7 - 3. This team used to own the leafs but with Hecht out again the shuffling had everyone out of sorts

not really. But I thought the calling a spade a spade shot was a bit cheap when I was in the discussion here all night and then he showed up to emote.

Baseball must be starting because that is one huge swing and a miss.

Only with you. I do stand corrected that the revised analysis is worse for the Sabres and better for the Canes-- it is 80% and 23% respectively. But it is the true probabilities as of right now. Whether you choose to believe it is the same as if you choose to believe the Earth is round. Just because you don't understand something does not make it scientifically untrue.

I wonder if science predicted this year's Final Four?

It did, but it didn't take into account some bad reffing and some injuries. So, had those things not happened, it did predict the winner, but it didn't,.. but it did.

Only with you. I do stand corrected that the revised analysis is worse for the Sabres and better for the Canes-- it is 80% and 23% respectively. But it is the true probabilities as of right now. Whether you choose to believe it is the same as if you choose to believe the Earth is round. Just because you don't understand something does not make it scientifically untrue.

A swing and a miss, strike two.

I wonder if science predicted this year's Final Four?

Ah ignorance is beautiful. The statistical probabilty of those teams making the final four at the beginning of the tourney would have been astronomically small. That is why you get long odds. You can likely get 7-2 on the Canes making the playoffs right now. But only 1-4 on the Sabres.

Lose to the laughs and our collective plate shifts. My god this board is on prozac. I guess that makes tomorrows game a must win. I can only imagine the hand wringing if they lay an egg against Lundquist. He's got 11 shutouts in 33 games.

Ah ignorance is beautiful. The statistical probabilty of those teams making the final four at the beginning of the tourney would have been astronomically small. That is why you get long odds. You can likely get 7-2 on the Canes making the playoffs right now. But only 1-4 on the Sabres.

Betting odds would take into account injuries.

butler looked about a step slow every single time he was out there. Boyes was meh and seemed slow tonight. Ennis, forgot how to carry a puck. Toronto fell to the ice if you breathed on them. Finally Miller looked like swiss cheese until the last period where he gave them a chance to win. Bottom line, we sucked alot that game and if I hear a locker room interview saying "we need to play better and let down a bit there..." I will freaking flip. repeat after me, "we sucked and played like crap and it is unacceptable."

Well, some of my comments might be repetitive, but I can't/won't page through 350+ posts...

1. All I saw was the very end of the second, and all of the third. The Sabres didn't have a lot of jump in the beginning of the third.

2. WTF was with all of the penalties that I was hearing on the radio, and then saw in the third? Insane refereeing, and that's from listening to Neale, who actually (for an idiot) is pretty balanced. He even criticized the make-up call on the Leaves for the phantom goalie interference penalty. Were the Sabres actually that undisciplined, or was the rink tilted? (I don't know. I am asking those of you who watched all of it.)

3. Speaking of which, Reimer won't win a Vezina this year, but a Golden Globe or even a Palme d'Or is not out of the question. Shameful. If Miller ever pulls a stunt like that, I'll be pissed.

4. Listening to Morisonn on the way home gave me pause. He sounded completely defeated. If he was responsible for one or more goals (again, I didn't see 'em), I understand somewhat, but wow, did he seem to have no confidence. Dammit, what happened to the stiff upper lip and all that? You're still in the lead for the playoffs, Shane/Sean/Shaone/Shatever. Quit sounding like someone ran over your dog and start sounding like you're gonna kill the guy that ran over your dog.

5. Tomorrow becomes more important than it was. It was going to be a nice game, a "hey, we can catch sixth" game. Now, no, it's a must-freaking-win, because the toilet swirls took DC to OT and won.

All barb slinging aside, I thought it was a pretty entertaining game. I really did (maybe it's the booze,..actually, there is no maybe about it). Other than the obvious dive by the goalie, I, personally, didn't notice the refs. There were good chances by both teams and the difference was a bad Miller. That's it. I hope we win tomorrow.

Archived