In Praise of Ted Black

That Aud Smell

ooooooo ahhhh, Sabres on the War path - I want that chant back and put that in the suggestion box at Sabres.com - Starting tomorrow, that will be heard in the crowd......

Don't think that will be happening anytime soon, to non PC to be officaily endorsed..need to be fans only.

Is "warpath" really not PC? Seems like a stretch.

In 2006 I had found some article complaining that "Habs on the Warpath" was not politically correct but unfortunately, back then, I linked to the google results and not to the article itself. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the chant then and I don't now.

It is hugely refreshing and extremely gratifying to see that the new ownership has not only said they will listen to fan suggestions, but have actually done so (and not after two years of "study"). This new attitude has certainly perked up the players. It will be a pleasure to see how things unfold for the team over the next couple of seasons. Oh, and it sure looks like we will be having some playoff hockey this season in Buffalo! :clapping:

It is hugely refreshing and extremely gratifying to see that the new ownership has not only said they will listen to fan suggestions, but have actually done so (and not after two years of "study"). This new attitude has certainly perked up the players. It will be a pleasure to see how things unfold for the team over the next couple of seasons. Oh, and it sure looks like we will be having some playoff hockey this season in Buffalo! :clapping:

Whoa! Don't start jinxing us now haha!! Should be a good ride down the stretch and I've got my tix for Saturday against Atlanta. It'll be great to see the Dominator back in the building.

I took both of my sons to the Detroit game before the road trip and both Pegula and Black were by the entrance.

Got to shake both of their hands and thank them, but didn't have a camera for a photo.

I think it is very good that they do these things, it helps with the connection to be re-established with the fans.

My sons and I are talking about season tickets again. Hope has arrived back at HSBC arena for sure.

Great job by the new ownership to bring the fan experience back to the forefront.

Awesome. But this thread will be hijacked by the negative nannies who will claim Sabres are being cheap for not hiring additional help.

<_<

Way to take it negative in advance.

Nice. You just highjacked it with your ridiculous comment.

Pretty sure V-M was joking.

It does have that feel of a country throwing off the shackles of an albeit benevolent monarchy. The joy is like that felt in Germany when the Berlin Wall fell. The people have their nation back.

Am I going too far?

No, no -- not far enough! Give TG and LQ what Saddam got!

ooooooo ahhhh, Sabres on the War path - I want that chant back and put that in the suggestion box at Sabres.com - Starting tomorrow, that will be heard in the crowd......

Me too, and I don't think it's not PC (although it would be a PC breach if the Sabres were named the Redskins or the Blackhawks).

Me too, and I don't think it's not PC (although it would be a PC breach if the Sabres were named the Redskins or the Blackhawks).

Well I plan on getting it going tomorrow night.....

It felt a lot different there last night, I loved the jeanerett goal calls on the jumbtron and one of pegula's daughter very cheerfully handed me my game program and I gave her that you look familiar looked and she was like have a great game so I said thank you and looked it up when I got home and couldn't believe it. Rick Martin's moment of silence was amazing, one guy yelled something like "ricky we miss you" and that was about it, and then at the end after jeannerett spoke again some guy yelled out LETS GO BUFFALO and the fans went nuts! At the very end of the game after everything was done, the sabres all skated to center ice and held their sticks up to Martin's banner and the remaining fans cheered as loud as possible. What a night...

It's a bit early, but I have to say, I really like Ted Black and what he's doing. He's really interested in listening to what the fans have to say and implementing almost immediately. They are taking a completely different approach than the previous ownership, which is fantastic. I am quickly becoming a huge Ted Black fan.

i did not. although, that may have explained black's parting quip, which, i think, was something about how the next time we came to the arena we could look forward to buying a basket of fries from him and jessie [?] pegula.

Haha, they're gonna work concessions. That's awesome. :thumbsup:

I really wonder how much of this outside the box thinking is coming from the daughters? I'm sure suggestions have been flowing from the fans through them, but I wonder how much else they influence these little nuances.

I'm pretty sure I was just joking as well. In a negative manner. :unsure:

Rocky Wirtz was nothing like his dad Bill - and I mean that in a good way.

It's well understood that the best thing to happen to the Blackhawks in the past 15 years was Bill Wirtz dying.

During a tribute and moment of silence for him during the Blackhawks home opener on October 8, 2007, the Chicago crowd displayed their displeasure with [bill] Wirtz's operation of the organization by booing the proceedings.

Yes we are. I'm contemplating a trip home to take in the fresh game day experience at HSBC.

Indeed! I can't wait- I will be in town from St.Paddy's Day thru the 21st. If you see a crazy looking character with Elder Futhark Runes tattooed on his neck walking in the vicinity of Elmwood and Bird, holla at ya boy! I will be attending the game vs Nashville with my lovely wife Clarissa. She'll be the redhead with the Dumont #71 Preds shirt. I'll be the drooling drunk with the We Want The Cup In Buffalo Shirt next to her. Section 309 Row 13 Seats 24-25.

Indeed! I can't wait- I will be in town from St.Paddy's Day thru the 21st. If you see a crazy looking character with Elder Futhark Runes tattooed on his neck walking in the vicinity of Elmwood and Bird, holla at ya boy! I will be attending the game vs Nashville with my lovely wife Clarissa. She'll be the redhead with the Dumont #71 Preds shirt. I'll be the drooling drunk with the We Want The Cup In Buffalo Shirt next to her. Section 309 Row 13 Seats 24-25.

Great post. Hope you enjoy the game.

It just occurred to me that a hockey game right after the parade could be quite a scene. Have fun!

It's well understood that the best thing to happen to the Blackhawks in the past 15 years was Bill Wirtz dying.

Give the displeasure the fans showed during that moment of silence, that had to be a testimony to how little respect he garnered during his tenure as Blackhawks' owner. It's like watching your least favorite politician whose been in office for decades finally get voted out of office and literally everyone breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Archived