Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Okay time to dust off that perfect playoff style road game where stellar goaltending and defense provides a solid 2-1 win.

Gerbe in, Lindy not sure or saying who sits out. Will be Grier, Kaleta or Nieds. If I get a vote, I say Nieds needs to sit.

Let's go Buff'a'lo.

Okay time to dust off that perfect playoff style road game where stellar goaltending and defense provides a solid 2-1 win.

Gerbe in, Lindy not sure or saying who sits out. Will be Grier, Kaleta or Nieds. If I get a vote, I say Nieds needs to sit.

Let's go Buff'a'lo.

I thought I heard it was Nieds on the radio driving home from work last night. Either way, it's a huge game we'd love to have.

Who doesn't love Playoff Games in March...I'm so excited for this day to end so i can get my Lafontaine Jersey on, get my cold sabres glass out of the freezer, drink my beer and watch the Sabes enter the Playoffs...is versus picking this game up cause that will be a huge disappointment for me...Englom is seriously the most biased National Sports Announcer I have ever seen, it's almost funny how much he doesn't like the Sabres...all I wanted was someone to be like "Hey Brian, the Sabres are winning, pull the rangers ###### out of your mouth"...sorry for my language

LET"S GO BUFFALO

The time for pillaging has finally arrived. You know what to do my fellow NC Sabres faithful brothers and sisters. If I may quote Adam Carolla: "Get it on, got to get it on, no choice but to get it on, MANDATE get it on!"

Tailgate should start for me around 4-30 to 5. I'll be over on the east side of Carter Finley under the line of trees wreaking havoc among the cowering canes fans.

Let's Go Buffalo!

The time for pillaging has finally arrived. You know what to do my fellow NC Sabres faithful brothers and sisters. If I may quote Adam Carolla: "Get it on, got to get it on, no choice but to get it on, MANDATE get it on!"

Tailgate should start for me around 4-30 to 5. I'll be over on the east side of Carter Finley under the line of trees wreaking havoc among the cowering canes fans.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Love it...Fire It Up and Fire It Up good! I hope there is a little pre-game speech by Lindy or Someone saying these guys stopped you from winning the Cup ONCE, let's not let it happen again....On 3..1,2,3 - PILLAGE

Let's Go Buffalo!

Damn it, wish I could go. First year I will miss both games, as I will be in WNY for the April game too. Have fun, and devour a few villagers for me...

We've got them on the run!! For a good laugh go read this thread.

http://letsgocanes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11537

I love the poster who has attended every home game since 2002, the last game missed was because of BRAIN SURGERY, but now the marauding Sabres fans threaten to end that streak again. Unbelievable.

Oh and they seem to be really afraid of this guy. He is dressed to pillage for sure..

post-61-073922600 1299163510_thumb.jpg

Will this be the 1st time we'll be as high as 8th place since the first few games of the season?

Depends on how you look at it. It could be the first time since the first game that we've had the 8th most points accumulated at a given time, ignoring games-in-hand. If you look at my charts, I use games played as my time scale, so that it's more fair, since the Sabres have always played fewer games. Using that scale, the Sabres have had the 8th most points through 55, 56, 60, 61, and 62 GP. A win tonight would give them 8th alone for only the second time (through 55 GP, they had 60 and Carolina had 59.)

Depends on how you look at it. It could be the first time since the first game that we've had the 8th most points accumulated at a given time, ignoring games-in-hand. If you look at my charts, I use games played as my time scale, so that its more fair, since the Sabres have always played fewer games. Using that scale, the Sabres have had the 8th most points through 55, 56, 60, 61, and 62 GP. A win tonight would give them 8th alone for only the second time (through 55 GP, they had 60 and Carolina had 59.)

Good job, thank you. :thumbsup:

Love it...Fire It Up and Fire It Up good! I hope there is a little pre-game speech by Lindy or Someone saying these guys stopped you from winning the Cup ONCE, let's not let it happen again....On 3..1,2,3 - PILLAGE

Still makes me sick ... and then to hear the little bit of a man (Cory Stillman),say 'Obviously, the better team won.'? I'd like to see GERBE deck'im.

Let's go Buffalo! They always play better against the teams ahead of them ...

Who doesn't love Playoff Games in March...I'm so excited for this day to end so i can get my Lafontaine Jersey on, get my cold sabres glass out of the freezer, drink my beer and watch the Sabes enter the Playoffs...is versus picking this game up cause that will be a huge disappointment for me...Englom is seriously the most biased National Sports Announcer I have ever seen, it's almost funny how much he doesn't like the Sabres...all I wanted was someone to be like "Hey Brian, the Sabres are winning, pull the rangers ###### out of your mouth"...sorry for my language

LET"S GO BUFFALO

Wow, nicely done LET'S GO BUFFALO, I thought I was pumped before but now I'm really jacked up and it's only 10:50AM!!!! I'll be doing the same as this tonight except substitute a Lafontaine Jersey with a Myers. Pretty fired up, let's not have a huge letdown because we've got Philly, Pitsburg and Boston three of the next four!

Players to watch tonight: Stats over the last two weeks: Vanek, 1g, 2a, +3, 1ppp Stafford 0g, 3a, +3, 1pp Hecht 2g, 2a, +5, 0pp Boyes, 2g, 3a, +1, 2pp

and then theres the defense to watch: Myers, 2g, 1a, +-0, 1pp Sekera, 1g, 3a, +3, 1pp

and finally Goaltending: Miller 3w, 1.82gaa, .946sv%, 191 of 202 shots saved.

It will be interesting to see if these key players who have been hot lately continue to step it up tonight in a very important game. Boyes seemed hesitant through the first part of the game the other night but turned it on after he scored so hes my player to watch again tonight.

Archived