Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Sabres at Carolina 3-3-11

Game time 7PM

Big game tonight. Sabres could move into 8th place with a win.

Let the pillaging begin!

To further clarify, our team needs to win in regulation to move into 8th. OT or SO win leaves Carolina up 1 point, albeit with Buffalo still having two games in hand. Personally I'd like to see a blowout and start looking at the 7th spot. 6th position would be hard to get - anyway you slice it, Philly or Boston will be a tough 1st round draw.

I didn't see anyhthing as to Toronto only being 2 points behind us. That should make this game even more important. I can't add anything else to what has already been posted. Can't wait for tonight!! I don't care how - just win in regulation, please.

The time for pillaging has finally arrived. You know what to do my fellow NC Sabres faithful brothers and sisters. If I may quote Adam Carolla: "Get it on, got to get it on, no choice but to get it on, MANDATE get it on!"

Tailgate should start for me around 4-30 to 5. I'll be over on the east side of Carter Finley under the line of trees wreaking havoc among the cowering canes fans.

Let's Go Buffalo!

We may lose X and PA to some flashbacks by me posting this, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. The lead singer looks like he may be a Canes fan though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVt_M1bY_Sw

I HATE this song makes me puke

Gotta disagree. Great song and it has nothing to do with the stupid Hurricanes hockey team.

The Buffalo News wrote that a Sabres win tonight puts them in 8th spot. This is true, if we win in regulation. Let's hope that that's the case.

That fact that this song was the theme to our 2006 playoff run was probably what doomed us to failure.

That, and a staph infection.

I know it was ours but than coming up against the canes it had been there song as well. That along with that BS of them putting Jim Kelly up on the jumbotron saying "lets go canes" pisses the snot out of me. We need to organize a good and loud lets go Buffalo early in the game like we did in game one 2006 folks back in buffalo were amazed how loud we were heard that time.

I hate ANY team named CAROLINA!!!

I thought I heard it was Nieds on the radio driving home from work last night. Either way, it's a huge game we'd love to have.

Yup. Confirmed.

Gerbe on a line with Goose and Pommers.

Vanek will play and Leopold is still out.

Anyone know what the lines will look like tonight? Ryan Miller, Please help us get into 8th tonight :worthy:

Per John Vogl-

Tyler Ennis-Tim Connolly-Brad Boyes

Thomas Vanek-Jochen Hecht-Drew Stafford

Nathan Gerbe-Paul Gaustad-Jason Pominville

Patrick Kaleta-Cody McCormick-Mike Grier

Lets rock and roll! Anyone wanna join me for a few game time brews tonight? I'm going to shooters in fairport to watch the game!

Per John Vogl-

Tyler Ennis-Tim Connolly-Brad Boyes

Thomas Vanek-Jochen Hecht-Drew Stafford

Nathan Gerbe-Paul Gaustad-Jason Pominville

Patrick Kaleta-Cody McCormick-Mike Grier

Lets rock and roll! Anyone wanna join me for a few game time brews tonight? I'm going to shooters in fairport to watch the game!

I must say, I'm pretty intrigued by the Gaustad line.

This is a big game. The Canes are going to be bringing it hard. We'll see how much guts the Sabres have.

The Sabres will need sharp Miller to win.

We've got them on the run!! For a good laugh go read this thread.

http://letsgocanes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11537

I love the poster who has attended every home game since 2002, the last game missed was because of BRAIN SURGERY, but now the marauding Sabres fans threaten to end that streak again. Unbelievable.

Oh and they seem to be really afraid of this guy. He is dressed to pillage for sure..

The Canes fans dont like us because they know they shouldnt have won the Cup in 06...anyways.

Tough one tonight, but if we fire on all cylinders, they dont know what'll hit them

Wish I was going, being 3hrs away right now...but cant.

But I'll def be watching.

If we win, it'll be the last time (I think) we are below the playoff mark...

I know it was ours but than coming up against the canes it had been there song as well. That along with that BS of them putting Jim Kelly up on the jumbotron saying "lets go canes" pisses the snot out of me. We need to organize a good and loud lets go Buffalo early in the game like we did in game one 2006 folks back in buffalo were amazed how loud we were heard that time.

I hate ANY team named CAROLINA!!!

Pretty sure they got that clip from a MIAMI Hurricanes game in Florida and adapted it to thier purposes...

No foolen but just part of their jumbotron folks ways o get Buffalo fans pod, I hear they are more worried about all these fans from buffalo that will be there tonight :clapping: :clapping:

Of course!

What happened the last time a bunch of people from the North invaded the South

:thumbsup:

Who doesn't love Playoff Games in March...I'm so excited for this day to end so i can get my Lafontaine Jersey on, get my cold sabres glass out of the freezer, drink my beer and watch the Sabes enter the Playoffs...is versus picking this game up cause that will be a huge disappointment for me...Englom is seriously the most biased National Sports Announcer I have ever seen, it's almost funny how much he doesn't like the Sabres...all I wanted was someone to be like "Hey Brian, the Sabres are winning, pull the rangers ###### out of your mouth"...sorry for my language

LET"S GO BUFFALO

Glad somebody else was annoyed by that. I mean they didn't play great in the 3rd of that game but they with like a minute to go and the announcers could only talk about how great the Rangers were playing and how awful Buffalo looked.

Pretty sure they got that clip from a MIAMI Hurricanes game in Florida and adapted it to thier purposes...

I heard it was from a nursing home shuffleboard competition; Kelly was the celebrity coach of one team, and Thurman Thomas coached the Walkers.

Archived