GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Buffula Pegbres Game #2.....can they continue the momentum from Wednesday? Will Miller start both of these two back to backs? Will DR make any significant moves to help this team now that the chains are off? Let's Go Buffalo!!!

According to the article I read yesterday, Lindy intends to start Miller in both games. :wallbash:

According to the article I read yesterday, Lindy intends to start Miller in both games. :wallbash:

Just sayin:

Last two seasons

Enroth - 3-2-1, 2.69, .906 - 2010/2011

0-1-0, 4.14, .892 - 2009/2010

Lalime - 0-5-0, 2.96, .890

4-8-2, 2.81, .907

Miller - 25-18-5, 2.69, .913

41-18-8, 2.22, .929

I can see where Lindy wants to ride Miller. Yes, I have been somewhat impressed with Enroth the previous few games but is that just because we haven't had a competent backup since Marty? Miller is our go to guy and they've been home for the last week. Like it was said in an article I read, most of the practises were optional and he's spent alot of time at home. We need these wins and this is the guy we live or die with (like it or not).

As everyone here, I've hated Ottawa since day one. A much different team as of late (if ever there was a Sen in a Buffalo uni, I wanted Fisher), but I look at them now just like a Toronto or Islanders team; young kids that want to make the team. That means they'll give it all they've got, skate hard, finish checks, try to impress. I think Buffalo will win ... but it won't be a cakewalk.

BTW ... nice to see (and hear about) Vanek's 'A'.

As everyone here, I've hated Ottawa since day one. A much different team as of late (if ever there was a Sen in a Buffalo uni, I wanted Fisher), but I look at them now just like a Toronto or Islanders team; young kids that want to make the team. That means they'll give it all they've got, skate hard, finish checks, try to impress. I think Buffalo will win ... but it won't be a cakewalk.

BTW ... nice to see (and hear about) Vanek's 'A'.

I sure hope they don't treat it like a walk in the park. If they do and they lose tonight, then they have no business getting into the playoffs this year.

As everyone here, I've hated Ottawa since day one. A much different team as of late (if ever there was a Sen in a Buffalo uni, I wanted Fisher), but I look at them now just like a Toronto or Islanders team; young kids that want to make the team. That means they'll give it all they've got, skate hard, finish checks, try to impress. I think Buffalo will win ... but it won't be a cakewalk.BTW ... nice to see (and hear about) Vanek's 'A'.

Good post, are any games with the Sabres ever a cakewalk ?

I also like the fact Vanek now offically has the 'A' and would like to see him do what he said in the Snews about it, show it on the ice. Okay TV time to go on a little goal explosion for yourself over the next 6 games.

I was a bit surprised(NOT) to see Lindy is already hemhawing on the goalie schedule for the rest of season he and Ryan had supposedly established right after the Islander debacle. This is the perfect game to play Enroth and rest/save Miller for Detroit but Lindy just can't seem to overcome his bad habits.

Well I hear "he ain't going anywhere" so then let's go all out to get this 8th seed dam it. Let's go Buff'a'lo.

Wondering who the hell are the Ottawa Senators today?

—LW Milan Michalek, C Jason Spezza, RW Bobby Butler(What?)

SECOND LINE:

—LW Ryan Shannon, C Nick Foligno, TBD (Some AHL callup???)

THIRD LINE:

—LW Erik Condra, C Zack Smith, RW Chris Neil

FOURTH LINE:

—LW Francis Lessard, C Jim O'Brien, RW Colin Greening

SECOND LINE:

THIRD LINE:

FOURTH LINE:

Butler's been up and down a lot this year. He was a Hoby runner up last year and Ottawa signed him late in the season. But yeah, I've never seen any of that 4th line before. It's crazy how many guys they've shipped out so far this month.

SECOND LINE:

THIRD LINE:

FOURTH LINE:

Neil didn't make the trip

SECOND LINE:

THIRD LINE:

FOURTH LINE:

This is why I'm worried.

Plus, it's Ottawa. And Buffalo. In Buffalo.

Buffalo nil, Ottawa nil, Worcestershire nil.

Butler's been up and down a lot this year. He was a Hoby runner up last year and Ottawa signed him late in the season. But yeah, I've never seen any of that 4th line before. It's crazy how many guys they've shipped out so far this month.

Ahh, Hockey East. Funny I don't remember him gettng drafted.

For a while I was getting all the hockey east games, but it always seemed to be N. Hamshire versus Merimack getting televised on the nights absolutely nothing was happening in the NHL. :lol:

Ahh, Hockey East. Funny I don't remember him gettng drafted.

For a while I was getting all the hockey east games, but it always seemed to be N. Hamshire versus Merimack getting televised on the nights absolutely nothing was happening in the NHL. :lol:

He wasn't drafted. And it's funny, obviously I get Hockey East coverage since I'm in Boston, but those off NHL nights always seem to have nothing but CCHA games out here.

I think it was on NESN or maybe ESPNU, or maybe both.

Merrimac seemed like a bad penny for a short time.

Yeah, their stuff is on NESN once a week. I always get CCHA games on the NHL network.

And Merrimack has been god awful pretty much forever. Which makes this year so strange. They may just be the best team in the country this year. That right there is enough to give hope to any Bills and Lions fans.

From the News Blog

"The new-look Ottawa Senators hit town with a lineup filled with players from Binghamton of the AHL and are joined today by waiver pickup Marek Svatos, claimed from Nashville. Goaltender Craig Anderson, acquired from Colorado for Brian Elliott, has stopped 70 of 71 shots in the two games since he's been acquired.

Center Corey Locke and winger Roman Wick were recalled today from Binghamton, and will play tonight for the Senators. Locke, who has one point in three games earlier this season, leads the AHL in scoring with 72 points in 51 games (18-54-72). Meanwhile, Wick becomes the 12th player to make his NHL debut with Ottawa this year.

Daniel Alfredsson, Chris Neil, Pascal LeClaire and Sergei Gonchar are all out for Ottawa with injuries. Elliott, Chris Kelly, Jarkko Ruutu, Alex Kovalev are among those who have been traded. Here's Lindy Ruff's chat with reporters this morning with plenty of talk about the Senators."

RIT is playing Niagara at home tonight on national cable TV (CBSCollegeSports or something), so I need them to win. That means the Sabres will lose tonight.

Sorry, that's just how it works. :bag:

Also means that every college around will be closed and I will still be stuck sitting at work until I can leave.

Archived