GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The Wings lost home games to the Sharks and Stars after winning five straight. Is that struggling? They are also 20-10 on the road this year. The Sabres to need to play a near perfect game if they hope to getting these two points. They will need to celebrate tonight's victory for about 30 seconds and start focusing on the leagues premier franchise.

I watched their game last night and they were booed off the ice and the announcers said they've been struggling. After your post, i went to see their schedule, and now i'm pretty sure they said they've been struggling on home ice... 2-4 in last 6 on home ice.

I watched their game last night and they were booed off the ice and the announcers said they've been struggling. After your post, i went to see their schedule, and now i'm pretty sure they said they've been struggling on home ice... 2-4 in last 6 on home ice.

17-14 at home for the year. IMO, veteran teams seem to play better on the road due to the lack of personal distractions.

Anyone else notice the lack of excitement on pegulas face after the first and last goals by the sabres? Wasn't standing clapping cheering, just staring. Not sure about the other goals but the camera went to him right after the 1st and 4th. Prob nbd but I thought we'd see more enthusiasm outta this guy

I'm quick to point out flaws and quirks with this team, but seriously?

We're debating whether or not the owner cheers enough after a goal?

I would think there are more glaring issues to discuss.

I'm quick to point out flaws and quirks with this team, but seriously?

We're debating whether or not the owner cheers enough after a goal?

I would think there are more glaring issues to discuss.

Amen. Maybe he's as disenchanted as we are with the current lineup to not be willing to express extreme joy over a goal. If I just spent the kind of money he did, I might not smile either at a win over the worst team in the league.

I thought the crowd was clearly louder last night. I even heard the occassional Buffalo cheer. Nice to hang another L on Ottawa. That is quite cathartic.

Just not the same without Fisher, or without Neal or that other goon in the lineup. Still nice to see Kaleta give no mercy. Now if only the D could move the puck out of the zone without stupid turnovers. P.S. Connolly looked like he was confused shooting the puck. Wide open net and he prayed and fired. Never really aimed.

Just not the same without Fisher, or without Neal or that other goon in the lineup. Still nice to see Kaleta give no mercy. Now if only the D could move the puck out of the zone without stupid turnovers. P.S. Connolly looked like he was confused shooting the puck. Wide open net and he prayed and fired. Never really aimed.

Yeah, I was having trouble developing the hate without Neil, Fischer, and Ruuttu. They are too pathetic to hate. I get the same way about Toronto now too. Hated them with a passion when Darcy Tucker was throwing late hits and yapping constantly. But he's been gone so long and they've been lousy soo long that I can really muscle up the hate anymore.

Yeah strange thought occurred to me watching how bad he played, With knowing all the scouts are in attendance and the many rumors swirling around involving him would he purposely look bad so nobody would want to trade for him ? There were just too many plays that were head scratchers and went against basic hockey plays taught all the way up from pewee.

I dunno if somebody would really do that but just saying how it looked to me.

Amen. Maybe he's as disenchanted as we are with the current lineup to not be willing to express extreme joy over a goal. If I just spent the kind of money he did, I might not smile either at a win over the worst team in the league.

If he's anything like the knowledgable fans on ss he's well aware of this teams flaws and knows that a win here or there is nothing to get excited about.

If he's anything like the knowledgable fans on ss he's well aware of this teams flaws and knows that a win here or there is nothing to get excited about.

He's not like us. There was some carefully constructed stagecraft to make us think he's one of us, but we've since learned 1. He didn't know the team was for sale in 2003. 2. He doesn't care about mistakes made in the past (July 1, 2007), and really had no strong reaction to the events ("emotionally removed") and 3. He agrees with Brett Hull that Buffalo should "Let it go" regarding No Goal.

I ask again. What kind of fan is he?

One of the worst shifts I've seen by a defenseman in the NHL, thank you Jordan Leopold.

He had a hard time handling the puck all night. Let it go, those things happen occasionally. He's been fine all year.

lmaoo Stafford decides to hold and shoot on the 4 on 1 and then we get scored on... yawn

Absolutely brutal. WTF was he thinking?

Kaleta was penalized for what? Bastards.

Worst GI call I've ever seen. Any contact he made was in the act of trying to score, and he only touched him in his outstretched left pad. Brutal call by that azzhat Justin St. Pierre. Never liked him; never will.

That was a Hecht of a goal!

I'm surprised they didn't review that. Looked like it went in off his skate and not the stick. I'm glad it counted!

Worst GI call I've ever seen. Any contact he made was in the act of trying to score, and he only touched him in his outstretched left pad. Brutal call by that azzhat Justin St. Pierre. Never liked him; never will.

Any contact initiated in the crease, even incidental, is supposed to wipe out a goal.

Wiping out the goal would have been fine, it was a pretty clear kicking motion to me anyway. But it def shouldn't have been a penalty. That was just stupid.

Why do you say that? No contact? He was pushed into the goalie?

Seems like you're really saying the call wasn't stupid, the rule is.

So, do you know anyone in Olean who knew Pegula?

Archived