GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Poor defensive coverage and pretty sweet shot by Michalek.

The shot was quicker than Miller thought it would be. A nice quick wrist shot in the upper corner of the net, one of the 5 spots shooters practice on. Miller probably wants it back, but he made key saves late when his defense went lax on him. Maybe not a spectacular night, but a very good one at least.

Anyone else notice the lack of excitement on pegulas face after the first and last goals by the sabres? Wasn't standing clapping cheering, just staring. Not sure about the other goals but the camera went to him right after the 1st and 4th. Prob nbd but I thought we'd see more enthusiasm outta this guy

He's an owner now, he expects them to win.

Anyone else notice the lack of excitement on pegulas face after the first and last goals by the sabres? Wasn't standing clapping cheering, just staring. Not sure about the other goals but the camera went to him right after the 1st and 4th. Prob nbd but I thought we'd see more enthusiasm outta this guy

I noticed.

Maybe he's tired.

They are playing Michael Jackson in the locker room

I've said before -- this is unacceptable. It's the contribution of Leopold, who was pretty lousy tonight.

Poor defensive coverage and pretty sweet shot by Michalek.

+1. Miller was very strong tonight.

A few other game notes:

1. Good grind-it-out win, which they needed because Carolina and the Rangers both won tonight.

2. Not much chatter in here. Is everyone too busy voiceprinting and psychoanalyzing Pegula's meeting with the Buffalo News to watch the actual games?

3. Kaleta was a major force tonight. I liked that entiire line tonight. Vanek also had a good game, as did Montador. Butler was pretty decent.

4. They'll need to cash in on their chances better than they did tonight to beat Detroit.

5. Ennis had a very sweet pass off the boards to Stafford to spring him on the rush that led to Hecht's putback goal.

6. A win tomorrow night and then a trade for a good forward, coupled with an unloading of TC for a surprisingly high draft pick would make for a very nice weekend.

Liked the win tonight. Craig Anderson i thought played out of his mind for most of the night and it took some lucky bounces to beat him. The bounce on the boards to McCormick, the saved shot on Stafford went straight to Hecht and Grier somehow finding a hole under Anderson. I thought we played good, skated well and hit well. It was a game i didn't think we would have won earlier in the season.

That all being said, if Nick Foligno lifts that puck in closing seconds, maybe we don't win this game either? We needed the 2 points, they don't ask how, they just ask how many, i think is the saying Harry Neale says and we just need points right now. But, they need to play better tomorrow night if they want 2 points, although, Wings have been struggling as of late.

Liked the win tonight. Craig Anderson i thought played out of his mind for most of the night and it took some lucky bounces to beat him. The bounce on the boards to McCormick, the saved shot on Stafford went straight to Hecht and Grier somehow finding a hole under Anderson. I thought we played good, skated well and hit well. It was a game i didn't think we would have won earlier in the season.

That all being said, if Nick Foligno lifts that puck in closing seconds, maybe we don't win this game either? We needed the 2 points, they don't ask how, they just ask how many, i think is the saying Harry Neale says and we just need points right now. But, they need to play better tomorrow night if they want 2 points, although, Wings have been struggling as of late.

The Wings lost home games to the Sharks and Stars after winning five straight. Is that struggling? They are also 20-10 on the road this year. The Sabres to need to play a near perfect game if they hope to getting these two points. They will need to celebrate tonight's victory for about 30 seconds and start focusing on the leagues premier franchise.

Archived