Trade deadline? Are the Sabres buyers or sellers?

PromoTheRobot

Sabres playoff chances soared 2.6% with that win last night. Well over 10% now at 10.6%.. Heck, that's almost 11%.. We can't be thinking selling when our playoff chances are soaring...

3.5 games out with games in hand is not insurmountable.....

The D pairings were a mess to begin this season and seem to be improving......they have a punchers chance at getting in.

Then you'd be wrong. I still don't buy the line that his hands are tied. He's the guy that signed these highly paid underachievers to outrageous long term deals and he's the guy that handcuffed the organization in the process. When I say 'who was in charge' I'm talking about the G.M. not the land developer.

Oh, you mean the land developer that is Regier's boss? :rolleyes:

3.5 games out with games in hand is not insurmountable.....

The D pairings were a mess to begin this season and seem to be improving......they have a punchers chance at getting in.

They have 3 games against the Isles this month. I'm holding on until them. Anything less than six points there will be pretty telling. Other teams have fattened up on the Isles; it's the Sabres turn now.

They have 3 games against the Isles this month. I'm holding on until them. Anything less than six points there will be pretty telling. Other teams have fattened up on the Isles; it's the Sabres turn now.

They've also got plenty of games left against those teams they're chasing. That's the easiest way to catch up on teams without even burning any of those games in hand.

Not to b picky, but it's a modified NTC. He can give a list of 8 teams he doesn't want to be traded 2. he may look over paid now but I think he'll come through. He still has three more years to go at this price.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Not to b picky, but it's a modified NTC. He can give a list of 8 teams he doesn't want to be traded 2. he may look over paid now but I think he'll come through. He still has three more years to go at this price.

I always wonder how those clauses are structured. Can they still work out a trade with one of those 8 teams and then he can accept it if he wants to? Do they have to formally request him to put together a list of those teams or was it done at the start of the deal? Can the list change?

I'd love to see how some of these clauses are written up. I'm sure they're very different from player to player.

I always wonder how those clauses are structured. Can they still work out a trade with one of those 8 teams and then he can accept it if he wants to? Do they have to formally request him to put together a list of those teams or was it done at the start of the deal? Can the list change?

I'd love to see how some of these clauses are written up. I'm sure they're very different from player to player.

If it was up to me I'd outlaw it altogether.

Nope, you pick 8 and if they work a deal you go bye bye. They are a little different based on number of teams, and you have to take a little less salary to get on in your contract.

Listen we as in fans from all over the country are sick of waiting till next year Bills and Sabers. I am from Lockport, now I live in Virginia (Navy). It is always next year we do this we will do that BLAH BLAH BLAH. Bring the Cup to Buffalo THIS YEAR. I am sick of HEARING PLANNING for next. Pull the trigger go for guts and glory !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I think you're aiming a bit low on Connolly there. They'll find a 2nd rounder for him. If guys like Dominic Moore are traded every single year for a 2nd round pick, there will be someone out there who gets desperate enough at the last second to throw that higher pick away.

I hope you are right.

Oh, you mean the land developer that is Regier's boss? :rolleyes:

Does your boss let you do your job? Mine lets me do mine. I'm not saying I know what happened and you don't but until I hear Regier say publicly that there was interference I won't believe it. Also, why is it Regier gets full credit for all the 'genius' moves and Quinn gets full credit for everything else. Thats an easy copout for all the Regier apologists. :rolleyes:

If NHLSCAP.com is accurate, it lLooks like those clauses are kind of all over the board.

http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm

Some examples:

Scott Gomez, NYR - NTC [at the end of the each season Gomez gives the Rangers a list of 3 teams he will not accept a trade to]

Georges Laraque, MTL - NTC [full NMC for 2008-09; after July 1, 2009 Laraque names six (6) teams in both the Eastern Conference and Western Conference that he will accept a trade to]

Andrei Markov, MTL - NTC [until 2/1/11, has a list of seven (7) teams in both the Eastern and Western Conference that he will accept a trade to; after 2/1/11, does not hold a NTC]

Brian Campbell, CHI - NTC [can provide a list of 8 teams he will accept a trade to; team has 45 days from date notice is received to trade him to any team on that list]

Does your boss let you do your job? Mine lets me do mine.

My boss tells me what he wants done and, sometimes, how to do it. I don't always agree with my boss but there's a hierarchy and part of my job is doing what he wants.

Does your boss let you do your job? Mine lets me do mine. I'm not saying I know what happened and you don't but until I hear Regier say publicly that there was interference I won't believe it.

You are never going to hear Regier say anything derogatory about Quinn or Golisano.

1. He still works for them.

2. Even after he's done working for them, it would not benefit him at all to talk to the press about how bad his previous bosses were. It would deter potential future bosses from hiring him if they thought he'd bash them publicly if they disagreed.

Also, why is it Regier gets full credit for all the 'genius' moves and Quinn gets full credit for everything else. Thats an easy copout for all the Regier apologists. :rolleyes:

Because a lot of Regier's "genius" moves happened before Quinn was back with the team.

My 2 cents:

I would definitely sell Connolly at the deadline, and in fact will be disappointed if the Sabres fail to do so. If Torres and Moore are worth 2nd-round picks, I think the Sabres could get 2 second-round picks or possibly even a 1st-rounder for him. , the overhaul of the top 6 needs to happen, and they need a real backup goalie already.

For Connolly??/ Oh come on! If they get that its a steal. Hope you are right

38 games to go but sure, throw in the towel. A bad loss but just one game. How far back were the Flyers last season?

PTR

Are you kidding me?! Do you just periodically check the standings or do you actually watch the games and follow the team? This team is DONE.

Help us, Obi Wan Pegula, you're our only hope.

Archived