Trade deadline? Are the Sabres buyers or sellers?

PromoTheRobot

38 games to go but sure, throw in the towel. A bad loss but just one game. How far back were the Flyers last season?

PTR

On January 15, they were one point out of the playoffs. The Sabres were two points out of first in the conference. Talk about two franchises passing each other in the night, one headed for an iceberg.

On January 15, they were one point out of the playoffs. The Sabres were two points out of first in the conference. Talk about two franchises passing each other in the night, one headed for an iceberg.

I just hope our captain Smith(Regier) goes down with the ship.

What I want - SELL! SELL! SELL!

What I expect - no change.

Realistically, what do the Sabres have to sell? None of the soon to be UFAs are attractive rent-a-players. If Regier remains in place you can be assured that none of the contracted players or RFAs are getting moved at the deadline.

Realistically, what do the Sabres have to sell? None of the soon to be UFAs are attractive rent-a-players. If Regier remains in place you can be assured that none of the contracted players or RFAs are getting moved at the deadline.

As I keep saying - as soon as Darcy gets approval and the NHL allows it - Connolly gets his next 2 year extension with $1 million raise.

If Pegula wants Darcy out, then he must of let the Sabres (Quinn) know to STOP him from making any type of moves. If he doesn't have faith in him and he's a dead duck, why let him trade guys away? I doubt we'll see anything of sell until Pegula starts to hire his own people and still even with Darcy in charge til end of season, there will be people looking over his shoulder as he makes moves. I highly doubt they will make ANY moves until Pegula names a whole new inner circle to lead the Sabres.

If Pegula wants Darcy out, then he must of let the Sabres (Quinn) know to STOP him from making any type of moves. If he doesn't have faith in him and he's a dead duck, why let him trade guys away? I doubt we'll see anything of sell until Pegula starts to hire his own people and still even with Darcy in charge til end of season, there will be people looking over his shoulder as he makes moves. I highly doubt they will make ANY moves until Pegula names a whole new inner circle to lead the Sabres.

I agree and I hope he gets his people in a.s.a.p. for the very reason you stated. It doesn't make sense for the old regime to be making moves for the future.

Hopefully Pegula will tell Darcy to dump the UFAs and get what you can. Any return for the likes of Rivet and Connolly should be considered bonus.

Montador and Connolly could garner a 2nd each. That's probably about it.

Hopefully Pegula will tell Darcy to dump the UFAs and get what you can. Any return for the likes of Rivet and Connolly should be considered bonus.

But he keeps the seats in the press box so warm and he always lets the others in the room go to the buffet first before he lines up, like a good captain should :blink: :unsure: :wallbash:

How embarrassing is it that the teams CAPTAIN is a healthy scratch most nights

My vote to answer the OP's question, NEITHER, with Regier still GM, it will be buisness as usual and a player may be dumped for a pick, while another mediocre minor one is picked up for a pick but we will hear about how great a move it was because of the "potential"

And I have said it many times before to the Quinn Haters/Regier apologists, it can't be that Regier makes only the good moves (which have been fewer and fewer recently), and Quinn only makes the bad ones. If its true and Quinn is holding Darcy back, why would you want to keep him around if he is happy being a puppet? If Quinn isn't really running the show, then its obvious Darcy needs to be let go and someone willing to make moves is brought in. I don't doubt that Quinn/Golisano have some say and some boundaries Regier has to adhere to, all GM's do, but I don't think that Darcy is just a puppet for management, If he is as good as some here think, why would he stay quiet and let them drag down his reputation. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for a team to come around and sign him

I don't even think that Connolly would get you a 2nd on your X-Box.

They only people that think Connolly has any value in this league is the Sabres front office and some Sabres fans

Damn Apu first this Sign #1 and then I agrees with not one but two of your posts. If Regier makes an actual hockey trade I'll be on the 98 with a sign saying "The End Is Here."

But he keeps the seats in the press box so warm and he always lets the others in the room go to the buffet first before he lines up, like a good captain should :blink: :unsure: :wallbash:

How embarrassing is it that the teams CAPTAIN is a healthy scratch most nights

My vote to answer the OP's question, NEITHER, with Regier still GM, it will be buisness as usual and a player may be dumped for a pick, while another mediocre minor one is picked up for a pick but we will hear about how great a move it was because of the "potential"

And I have said it many times before to the Quinn Haters/Regier apologists, it can't be that Regier makes only the good moves (which have been fewer and fewer recently), and Quinn only makes the bad ones. If its true and Quinn is holding Darcy back, why would you want to keep him around if he is happy being a puppet? If Quinn isn't really running the show, then its obvious Darcy needs to be let go and someone willing to make moves is brought in. I don't doubt that Quinn/Golisano have some say and some boundaries Regier has to adhere to, all GM's do, but I don't think that Darcy is just a puppet for management, If he is as good as some here think, why would he stay quiet and let them drag down his reputation. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for a team to come around and sign him

I couldn't agree more and stated as much in another post when I asked why does Darcy get all the credit for the moves that have worked and quinn gets all the credit for the non moves or the decisions that went bad? It makes no sense that Darcy would stay on for as long as he has if he was being held back. I consider him a pu$$y but come on, nobody in their right mind would stay on when they could realistically find other work with another team where theres free reign to go after the cup.

Archived