WJC Discussion Thread

Eleven

And thankfully, your coach finally removed head from rectum and stopped using Roy in goal as of yesterday. That kid is a sieve.

It was like a home game for Visentin - he plays just down the road for the Niagara Ice Dogs of the OHL. Probably could have slept in his own bed if he wanted to.

If that were the Sabres against the Sens or Flyers or Bruins, would you have said it was a good effort?

Most here would not have.

I don't know. I didn't see any lazy play on the part of the US team. I saw a team that was outlcassed pretty much across the board though. It's not like the US team had the likes of TIm Connolly out there mailing it in except for the easy plays. The other guys were just better. I don't think any extra effort on Team USA's part would've made a difference because I think they were already putting everything they had into it.

And, I have to say, the coaches for Team Canada made a terrific game plan. They had the Amreican team reacting all game. Canada's heavy forecheck prevented USA from dictating play.

I don't know. I didn't see any lazy play on the part of the US team. I saw a team that was outlcassed pretty much across the board though. It's not like the US team had the likes of TIm Connolly out there mailing it in except for the easy plays. The other guys were just better. I don't think any extra effort on Team USA's part would've made a difference because I think they were already putting everything they had into it.

And, I have to say, the coaches for Team Canada made a terrific game plan. They had the Amreican team reacting all game. Canada's heavy forecheck prevented USA from dictating play.

I saw it plenty. There were many times when a player would have the puck on the near boards and throw it to where the player on the far boards should have been but because he was dogging it, the pass was too far. It happened a lot.

In other words, the Canadians made the Americans look lazy. Happens all the time. I don't why anyone would say the U.S. team's effort was poor or they were dogging it. Makes absolutely no sense, and I didn't even have to watch the game to know it. You know those kids were balling their eyes out in the lockerroom after the game. Please... the effort was there.

In other words, the Canadians made the Americans look lazy. Happens all the time. I don't why anyone would say the U.S. team's effort was poor or they were dogging it. Makes absolutely no sense, and I didn't even have to watch the game to know it. You know those kids were balling their eyes out in the lockerroom after the game. Please... the effort was there.

So,.. you didn't watch?

Good job by the Canadian team. I wish the Sabres played team defense as well as that. Talk about taking away time and space.

I think the Canadian fans here would agree that if tonight's game isn't a stepping stone to a Gold Medal victory it means nothing.

You got it.

Why would a pro-Canada crowd boo Regier? Just messin' with the American side? I don't get it.

You got it.

Good job by the Canadian team. I wish the Sabres played team defense as well as that. Talk about taking away time and space.

I think the Canadian fans here would agree that if tonight's game isn't a stepping stone to a Gold Medal victory it means nothing.

anything less than gold means nothing. This is a country that holds public inquiries if we finish out of the medals. Nuts but thats the way it is.

I agree P.A. ,those kids played their hearts out. The fact that it didn't go their way shouldn't take away from that fact. Its a bit of an insult to suggest they didn't give it their all. Someones got to win and someones got to lose.

Why would a pro-Canada crowd boo Regier? Just messin' with the American side? I don't get it.

It was definitely not the whole crowd. I'd bet it was the buffalo fans in attendance.

And I agree with you on the effort. I think the US gave it their all but it wasn't enough. Canada had their number. It wasn't for lack of effort though.

I agree P.A. ,those kids played their hearts out. The fact that it didn't go their way shouldn't take away from that fact. Its a bit of an insult to suggest they didn't give it their all. Someones got to win and someones got to lose.

I can't remember the last time I saw a team contest the puck up and down the ice like the Canadians did. Team USA had a defender in their face on almost every pass attempt and there was pressure right away when Team USA was accepting that same pass. It was smothering and very impressive. A game plan executed to perfection.

Well I guess I don't need to go to a Canadians Sabres playoff in Montreal down the road because I got the full experience of that tonight. I knew I would be outnumbered but WOW! I still had a blast just watching the lobster fans going crazy the whole time. Actually, the reaction of the crowd when the Canadians were introduced was worth it to me.

I don't get the NHL Network.

John Ramage, captain of the US team's exact words were, "...I don't think we were moving our feet, and they just outworked us." If a Sabre said that after a loss you would be killing him and Lindy for not getting them up for the game.

All I'm saying is that throughout the game, I saw many US players that were floating instead of digging.

John Ramage, captain of the US team's exact words were, "...I don't think we were moving our feet, and they just outworked us." If a Sabre said that after a loss you would be killing him and Lindy for not getting them up for the game.

All I'm saying is that throughout the game, I saw many US players that were floating instead of digging.

Why is it so hard to the Canadians the respect they earned tonight? Team USA moved tried to move their feet. The only problem was there was a Canadian player contesting every puck possession. It's hard to move your feet with the opposition in your chest a millisecond after receiving the puck.

Why is it so hard to the Canadians the respect they earned tonight? Team USA moved tried to move their feet. The only problem was there was a Canadian player contesting every puck possession. It's hard to move your feet with the opposition in your chest a millisecond after receiving the puck.

I'm pretty sure that calling the game a one sided ass reaming is showing Canada the respect they deserve. Someone else mentioned effort, I said that many times throughout the game I didn't see it. Their own captain said it as well.

I can't remember the last time I saw a team contest the puck up and down the ice like the Canadians did. Team USA had a defender in their face on almost every pass attempt and there was pressure right away when Team USA was accepting that same pass. It was smothering and very impressive. A game plan executed to perfection.

Agreed, and I also thought that the Canadians did a fantastic job of clogging up the defensive zone. There were times they had the zone so full of red & white it looked like they had 7 or 8 guys backchecking.

Could have been a frustrated captain who didn't have any answers as to how the Canadians overwhelmed the Americans.

Agreed. Tip your cap, tap your stick on the ice and move on. Canada had great players executing a great game plan to near perfection. Even as an American and Team USA fan I have to admit I was impressed.

Archived