WJC Discussion Thread

Eleven

That was a great game

How? If all you wanted was Canada to win then yes. But it was a one sided a$$ reaming that had no drama whatsoever. The goals were sloppy and the passing by both teams was suspect at best.

Dude, the speed of the first period was awesome to watch.

The first 10 minutes were awesome. The next 10 minutes you could see one team just start to take over, beat them with speed, by the boards and with physicality. The rest 40 minutes was just a clinic. Wasn't even fair. It was men vs. boys.

How? If all you wanted was Canada to win then yes. But it was a one sided a$$ reaming that had no drama whatsoever. The goals were sloppy and the passing by both teams was suspect at best.

That game had it all. Great hitting,scoring chances,saves. Maybe you're too used to watching sabres hockey. There was more excitement in that 1 game than in the sabres last 3 games.

Nice win, Canada. Gonna have to say this, though: I did some research today, and as usual, you can't make it happen without the help of some good ol' Americans:

Marcus Foligno - birthplace: Buffalo, NY (and Nick actually played for USA)

Sean Couturier - birthplace: Phoenix, AZ

Curtis Hamilton - birthplace: Tacoma, WA

Dylan Olsen - birthplace: Salt Lake City, UT

But definitely a nice win. As someone above said, it did look like Ottawa v. Buffalo circa 2007.

And thankfully, your coach finally removed head from rectum and stopped using Roy in goal as of yesterday. That kid is a sieve.

The first 10 minutes were awesome. The next 10 minutes you could see one team just start to take over, beat them with speed, by the boards and with physicality. The rest 40 minutes was just a clinic. Wasn't even fair. It was men vs. boys.

Thats a pretty fair assessment. Good effort by both sides.

Hey Swamp, if you have tickets, at least you stand to make some serious money by selling them. :nana:

I'd still go. I'd even root for Canada. Alas, I'll be workin' the ass groove in my couch in New Jersy drinking 60 cent Blues while I watch instead.

Dude, the speed of the first period was awesome to watch.

All the games in this tourney have been like that. It's been great. But you said it. The game was over in the first period.

Nice win, Canada. Gonna have to say this, though: I did some research today, and as usual, you can't make it happen without the help of some good ol' Americans:

Marcus Foligno - birthplace: Buffalo, NY (and Nick actually played for USA)

Sean Couturier - birthplace: Phoenix, AZ

Curtis Hamilton - birthplace: Tacoma, WA

Dylan Olsen - birthplace: Salt Lake City, UT

But definitely a nice win. As someone above said, it did look like Ottawa v. Buffalo circa 2007.

And thankfully, your coach finally removed head from rectum and stopped using Roy in goal as of yesterday. That kid is a sieve.

Folignos mother was quoted as saying before she died that Foligno was American born but Canadian bred.

Archived