WJC Discussion Thread

Eleven

Because, let's face it, a number of our members are hosers, and they should have a thread too, even though they're going to get beat by the USA again. First game is at 4pm. It's on NHL Network in the States, and I think it's on TSN in most of Canada, and RDS in Quebec.

All I can wish for is a Canada U.S.A. final. That really is what its all about these days. Its not Canada Russia or U.S.A. Russia the new rivalry in hockey is Canada against the U.S.A and to be honest I can only hope that Canada can keep up with the growth and development of the U.S. as an international powerhouse in hockey because they've made huge strides recently in youth hockey programs. Thats one benefit of the expansion of the N.H.L. in the U.S.A. Good luck to our friends south of the border. GO CANADA!

Of course they need an American to get on the board.... :-)

Marcus looks like a great prospect. Ive watched a few streams this season from jr, and he just looks fantastic each time i watch him. Could be a real gem for the Sabres.

Yeah that's what I thought till they mentioned his Mom telling him before she died to remember he was canadian. I got to respect him respectin his Mom.

I will tell though that was one fun period of Hockey to watch. I really like our two future Sabres, Kassian and Foligno.

Yeah that's what I thought till they mentioned his Mom telling him before she died to remember he was canadian. I got to respect him respectin his Mom.

I will tell though that was one fun period of Hockey to watch. I really like our two future Sabres, Kassian and Foligno.

And Ennis, Myers and Adam. Future does look bright.

All I can wish for is a Canada U.S.A. final. That really is what its all about these days. Its not Canada Russia or U.S.A. Russia the new rivalry in hockey is Canada against the U.S.A and to be honest I can only hope that Canada can keep up with the growth and development of the U.S. as an international powerhouse in hockey because they've made huge strides recently in youth hockey programs. Thats one benefit of the expansion of the N.H.L. in the U.S.A. Good luck to our friends south of the border. GO CANADA!

Canada/USA would be like Leafs/Sabres in terms of arena atmosphere which would be incredible. That's what I'm hoping to see when I go next Wednesday night. The thing is - cheering for Canada would be like cheering for the Sabres in terms of how many fans would be in the building based on the tickets sold (and of course the passion...)

Yeah, I really wanted to buy tickets for this tournament last year however with living out of town and young kids at home I knew I would not be able to swing a whole week away in the Holidays but I thought about trying it.

Canada/USA would be like Leafs/Sabres in terms of arena atmosphere which would be incredible. That's what I'm hoping to see when I go next Wednesday night. The thing is - cheering for Canada would be like cheering for the Sabres in terms of how many fans would be in the building based on the tickets sold (and of course the passion...)

Yeah actually having grown up in a border town(B'Lo) and all the time spent in canada drinking nights, it's not hard to wish them well just second best.

I do appreciate their idea of hockey especially western Canada cowboy league or at least thats how they make it sound. I also like Don Cherry for his bombastic style. Makes Hockey fun.

Big time scorer in the Q, good size, good WJC last year, point/game scorer in the AHL as a rookie and his coach who sees him every day compares him to a Marian Hossa.

He just looks slow and big-but-not-physical to me, based on his stint with buffalo this year. He also missed a couple open nets but I'll credit those to nerves :thumbsup:

He just looks slow and big-but-not-physical to me, based on his stint with buffalo this year. He also missed a couple open nets but I'll credit those to nerves :thumbsup:

Well, i won't lie and say he's impressed me while as a Sabre, but, he is 20 years old so i'm sure he's pretty intimidated to go out there and crash the net and bang by the boards, and also nerves on some of those misses. He has put himself in great position though many times but as you said, he failed, but he obviously has a good hockey sense.

Yeah, what about Tom Golisano, Larry Quinn, Darcy Regier or Lindy Ruff. Tick tick tick ...............Eleven's head explodes :lol:

Seriously! Didn't the Sabres draft Vanek right after he played in Buffalo at the Frozen Four? The Sabres may be poised for a top five pick again this year. Is there a name we should all be listening for? Are all the junior players in this tournament already drafted?

Wow, what a shot on that goal.

A laser shot but it was wide. If you are to beat Canada, especially in this tournament where they have 15 first round picks and few who will be this upcoming draft, you don't exactly need a "perfect" game but you can't be allowing goals on wide shots. Great shot i agree, but brutal goal to allow.

A laser shot but it was wide. If you are to beat Canada, especially in this tournament where they have 15 first round picks and few who will be this upcoming draft, you don't exactly need a "perfect" game but you can't be allowing goals on wide shots. Great shot i agree, but brutal goal to allow.

I was referring to Dvurechensky's 5 hole goal on Roy. But yes, Russia can't allow that. And Canada can't allow that goal haha this is some fun hockey

What a reminder of what entertaining hockey looks like. Wow. Great stuff.

Is it me or does Canada's goaltending look a little suspect in this game?

There was talk before the game that the decision to start Roy was basically a gut feeling call because they don't have one guy that is cleary better.

Archived