Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

There is absolutely no television out of the building tonight, whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm in Vegas and I usually get all Ducks and Kings games thru FoxSportsWest. I don't see it on the guide tonight at all. Damn, I really wanted to see Looooods out there tonight!

Just as well. This team is just not that good and can't score when they need to. Pitiful season so far. All I want for Christmas is a top pick and Pegula as the new owner :thumbsup:

After the two or three bad shifts that Butler had in the 2nd half of the Tampa game I thought, "yep, that'll cost him his spot in the lineup next week". If being out of position on a play or two and a giveaway can cost the captain his spot in the lineup, it ought to cost Butler his spot as well. So I'm not suprised by the defensive change.

Adam sitting though? I don't get that one. I assume then that Hecht will take Connolly's spot at center and Gerbe plays LW. I'm guessing:

Vanek Roy Stafford

Gebe Hecht Pommer

Ennis Gaustad Kaleta

Neidermayer McCormick Grier

I'd rahter see Adam at C instead of Hecht and move Hecht back onto the 3rd line and sit Neidermayer.

Looking at this lineup on paper......wow, all I can say is wow. I think it is just starting to hit me that this is a pretty pathetic group....I have finally overcome the denial stage.

It must be because of the holiday roster freeze. They brought him up just in case. I'd rather have him in there, but that at least has to be part of it.

Correct -- this was in the article linked in the "Miller engaged" thread:

Forward Luke Adam has been summoned from minor-league Portland but will not play.

"Portland is shut down right now, so if we get somebody hurt we wouldn’t have a player, so we’ve got another player here in case something happens," Ruff said.

Correct -- this was in the article linked in the "Miller engaged" thread:

Forward Luke Adam has been summoned from minor-league Portland but will not play.

"Portland is shut down right now, so if we get somebody hurt we wouldn’t have a player, so we’ve got another player here in case something happens," Ruff said.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but they should actually be able to call someone up, but only in an emergency scenario where they have less than 18 active skaters. They'd have to have 2 forwards and the 2 spare d-men go on IR for that to happen.

What else is there? :D

Sabres 7

Ducks 1

Gerbe with a double hat-trick and Vanek with an empty netter (for some reason, down five, the Ducks pull their goalie).

Nice.

With posters saying they hate the way the Sabres r playing and some not even watching games anymore I'm surprised it's such a big deal to all of you. Watch Scrooge instead, with ur kids, it'll be fun.

Hope we are not headed for an episode of "Hell hath no fury like a board boss over scorned Sabres."

Argh - WGR550 app is sucking right now (kicks me out when I try to open the audio player) and my computer at work doesn't seem to have any audio drivers installed because I can't listen with the link posted above. Anyone tech/computer-savvy have any suggestions?

Feel sorry for anyone trying to watch in the US, as there's not even a link that works from atdhe.net

Well I'm going to dvr this baby and watch it when the wife hit's the sack.

You mean, it IS on tv in Ontario, and even after I asked, no one said so? NOT cool.

A regular camera angle from centre ice like you would normally get from MSG. A little more jerky, but it's what you would see on the Jumbotron if you were at the game. For me, it's like watching a normal game but with no graphics on the screen.

You mean, it IS on tv in Ontario, and even after I asked, no one said so? NOT cool.

You're correct, it is on tv up here and I did promise I would post right after puck drop. It was listed on Centre Ice up here along with the other "blackout game" but I wasn't sure if I would get the jumbotron feed or not. Luckily and happily I have it.

A regular camera angle from centre ice like you would normally get from MSG. A little more jerky, but it's what you would see on the Jumbotron if you were at the game. For me, it's like watching a normal game but with no graphics on the screen.

What's jerky are the Ontario fans on here, if this game is on TV there. Look at the second post in the thread. Thanks for the help, guys.

Archived