Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

This photo on the News site, by Mark Mulville, jumped out at me. What do they say about good art -- you know it when you see it?

I love this photo, without loving any of the players in it, per se. There's something about it. I could blabber on about what I think it is, but I wonder if anyone else sees something special here.

post-136-020033100 1293026700_thumb.jpg

It catches a nice facial expression and the size difference makes Gaustad look like he's hugging his son. Tender.

What happened?

I stumbled by pure chance into a situation where some feedback was given. It sounds like all hands on deck. Nothing official but there is an assumption and excitement it is getting close. It was the excitement part that got me excited so to speak, because it was coming from what i assume to be a loyal faction of the current crew.

So I was in Buffalo this week and had a chance to go see the game. Will be the only game I see all year.

Thoughts:

1: Anaheim had no legs. They were slow, slow, slooooooow. Sabres clearly the more rested team and it showed everywhere.

2: Another backup goalie.

3: Sabres had crazy SOG advantage.

4: Arena loud, then quiet, then loud. But my humble assessment, largely quiet. It's not like Montreal that oohs and aahs with every pass. The fans were generally happy and a few times tried to get some chants going. It's almost uncomfortable in there now.

5: Nice fights. Especially to start the second.

6: Good, solid win. Go figure.

7: New opening is so-so... Does nothing to fire up the fans.

8: Why does Buffalo sing Sweet Caroline? I don't get it. What's up with that? Someone clue me in. Was the only time the crowd really came alive together.

9: Last goal by Ducks was weird. It was like Buffalo stopped playing as if there wasn't any motivation or time enough for them to score.

10: Another Shutout lost by lazy, lazy, lazy penalty for hecht (his second of the night)

Archived