Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pegula is being very busy in the sports world:

Twitter:

SBJLizMullen Liz Mullen

Breaking--#NHL Sabres owner Terry Pegula enters #NFL biz by acquiring business of powerful #NFL player agent Todd France

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Retweeted by @Schopptalk

A little more detail: http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/sabres_and_nhl/pegula-buys-sports-agency

From the WIVB link it appears this isn't totally new for him.

"Previously, Pegula had owned a sports agency run by Orchard Park native Brian Ayrault, a former standout football player for the Quakers."

Maybe I'm being naive here but doesn't owning a sports team and owning a firm that negotiates contracts with sports teams a direct ###### conflict of interest.

But he doesn't own an NFL team so I don't think there would be any conflict. Now we will have a possible first indicator if he ever decided to buy the Bills since he probably would have to sell the firm.

I hate Twitter.

I do too, mostly. But it's still the best way to follow Lloyd Taco Truck. And the guy tweeting "real time" World War II updates exactly 72 years after the events happened (he started in late August, and now he's up to December 6, 1939; he plans to continue until 2017, when the war "will end"), is freaking awesome. Some days I can't wait to get home to read "what happened" during the war.

I do too, mostly. But it's still the best way to follow Lloyd Taco Truck. And the guy tweeting "real time" World War II updates exactly 72 years after the events happened (he started in late August, and now he's up to December 6, 1939; he plans to continue until 2017, when the war "will end"), is freaking awesome. Some days I can't wait to get home to read "what happened" during the war.

That's the best use of twitter I've ever heard of.

99% of the time, though, it only fools people into thinking that they are finding out information at the speed that it is happening, when in fact, most of the time, we are just being fed little snippets of nothing, that may or may not be true, of which I can't even figure out what the hell they are actually saying anyway. In the end, I bet we find out the real stories in the same amount of time that we did before Twitter, only without the "Late Breaking Speculation".

That's the best use of twitter I've ever heard of.

99% of the time, though, it only fools people into thinking that they are finding out information at the speed that it is happening, when in fact, most of the time, we are just being fed little snippets of nothing, that may or may not be true, of which I can't even figure out what the hell they are actually saying anyway. In the end, I bet we find out the real stories in the same amount of time that we did before Twitter, only without the "Late Breaking Speculation".

http://twitter.com/#!/RealTimeWWII

It's really cool. I'll cross-post it in Liger's Pearl Harbor thread.

I saw that movie down in the 'deep' south. Clicking on the link says that Sony has blocked it. When I saw the movie, Matthew Broderick's crew got more or less completely slaughtered. Did I just get the Houston version, or is that the way it was shown up here as well. ;)

With all the jubilation going on at the time of that post, including my own, that scene popped into my mind as a friendly little reminder. Maybe Lucic was the cannon@3:20.

Great movie, great scene. Top 10 movie of mine for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGPACVNk6ck

With all the jubilation going on at the time of that post, including my own, that scene popped into my mind as a friendly little reminder. Maybe Lucic was the cannon@3:20.

Great movie, great scene. Top 10 movie of mine for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGPACVNk6ck

"Glory" is in your top 10? To each his own, but sheesh.

Interesting. Although I can see where someone who still thinks Ruff can lead this bunch to the promised land could fail to see the poetry and major aspects of the film developed into greatness and lessons learned.

Poetry? Major aspects of the film developed into greatness? Lessons learned?

So, let me see, leadership evolving from a group of men that have the odds stacked against them in the moral light of the day all while facing an enemy that is fighting for their very bondage.

I think it's even more interesting that you could manage to a Ruff comment in this analytical thesis on this particular film. ;)

Oh, and nfreeman, I concur with your statement: "Glory is in your top 10? To each his own, but sheesh." :D

So, let me see, leadership evolving from a group of men that have the odds stacked against them in the moral light of the day all while facing an enemy that is fighting for their very bondage.

I think it's even more interesting that you could manage to a Ruff comment in this analytical thesis on this particular film. ;)

Oh, and nfreeman, I concur with your statement: "Glory is in your top 10? To each his own, but sheesh." :D

To each their own. I think the character development, film, and music had such a synergy that you can't help but get drawn into it.

I'm sure if you gave the Sabres a choice between Glory, or Beverly Hills Chihuahua on their next charter flight, the smart money is on the talking dog.

Interesting. Although I can see where someone who still thinks Ruff can lead this bunch to the promised land could fail to see the poetry and major aspects of the film developed into greatness and lessons learned.

Well, the underlying story is of course an interesting one and full of heroism and lessons, but the movie itself? No thanks.

Off the top of my head, here are some war movies that I consider far superior (although admittedly none of these is a civil war movie -- I don't think I've seen any of the great ones):

Apocalypse Now

Full Metal Jacket

The Deer Hunter

Bridge on the River Kwai

Stalag 17

Saving Private Ryan (overrated but still great)

Gallipoli

Three Kings

Hurt Locker

The Pacific (mini-series)

Band of Brothers (mini-series)

Black Hawk Down

But who am I to get between a man and his love for Matthew Broderick?

Archived