Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

With the announcement of Terry Pegula as the new owner, I've noticed that Buffalo and it's players have been proving people wrong, showing that they do actually care (somewhat) - they have 13 goals in the last 2 games and are on quite a streak with an improving record. As the days go on, you can see them coming together as a team, inching themselves closer to a playoff spot. I can see them exploding and winning 8 or 9 straight and making a great playoff push. Could it be possible that a change in ownership can actually inspire players or an organization? Last time Buffalo changed its ownership we saw them make deep runs into the playoffs. Do you think we'll see it this year, or maybe in the near future? Hopefully it brings back good times like this:

Well it took three years for that first "Golisano" playoff run. There wasn't really a big bump in the Sabres' record in March 2003 when Golisano signed the purchase agreement. With Rigas, I don't think there was a clear demarcation point between the Knox and Rigas Eras.

Well it took three years for that first "Golisano" playoff run. There wasn't really a big bump in the Sabres' record in March 2003 when Golisano signed the purchase agreement. With Rigas, I don't think there was a clear demarcation point between the Knox and Rigas Eras.

Of course getting out of the mindset of working for a bankrupt organization probably takes a little longer.

Could it be possible that a change in ownership can actually inspire players or an organization? Last time Buffalo changed its ownership we saw them make deep runs into the playoffs. Do you think we'll see it this year, or maybe in the near future?

Personally, I think the trade deadline motivates players...

The Buffalo News wrote an article today which said

"Terry Pegula sometime next week is expected to officially become the Sabres' owner after gaining full approval from the NHL Board of Governors, which will begin a new era for a franchise looking for its first Stanley Cup and a city that has been desperate for a championship in a major sport."

Does anyone know if this is true and the league has already approved of the transaction? If so why is TP not having his presser now? I'm getting impatient and want the new ownership change NOW!

Okay, from what I can decipher (not that it really matters, we all know it be happenin')

League source says the Board of Governors will be voting on Friday to approve the sale of the Sabres to TPegs.

News that the sale isn't going through until Tuesday have since been eaten and destroyed.

My take is Friday, money takes a few days to be wired to OSP, makes presser Tuesday.

Okay, from what I can decipher (not that it really matters, we all know it be happenin')

League source says the Board of Governors will be voting on Friday to approve the sale of the Sabres to TPegs.

News that the sale isn't going through until Tuesday have since been eaten and destroyed.

My take is Friday, money takes a few days to be wired to OSP, makes presser Tuesday.

TP should pay in coins like that kid who protested his college tuition did.

TP should pay in coins like that kid who protested his college tuition did.

My father got a parking ticket on the 4th of July one time and the reason was he was the only car parked the opposite way. There were cars lining the streets where cars were not allowed to be parked and he was the only one that got a ticket. The neighbors and spectators were criticizing the cop for doing it. The cop ended up leaving and ending his shift early. My father paid the $50 parking ticket in nothing but pennies. As you would guess, they gave him a world full of $h!t for trying to do it but he ended up getting it done.

To this day I have always had a jar(jug) of pennies with at least 50 bucks in it.

My father got a parking ticket on the 4th of July one time and the reason was he was the only car parked the opposite way. There were cars lining the streets where cars were not allowed to be parked and he was the only one that got a ticket. The neighbors and spectators were criticizing the cop for doing it. The cop ended up leaving and ending his shift early. My father paid the $50 parking ticket in nothing but pennies. As you would guess, they gave him a world full of $h!t for trying to do it but he ended up getting it done.

To this day I have always had a jar(jug) of pennies with at least 50 bucks in it.

That would take awhile to collect!

Pegula is coming! Pegula is coming! If regier doesnt go now then I might have lost all hope. Maybe Regier will stop dismantling and start building with a new owner but I would rather see a new GM, The idea that a new gm could be worse is true but its fear and its time 14 years to build a cup winner and you have not done it. You have failed. Pegula come here and make the trades we need, and hire the gm we deserve. Tuesday should be the day!

"Ladies and gentlemen, please direct your attention to the spotlight and the Jumbotron and welcome to HSBC Arena Terry and Kim Pegula and family."

Change has come to the Buffalo Sabres.

Chills...

They should do it WWE style. Announce Terry Pegula and bring him to center ice. He talks for a awhile thanking everyone. He then calls Regier down to center ice where he gives him the Vince McMahon "You'rrrreee Fiiiiirrrrreeeeddd!"

Pegula is coming! Pegula is coming! If regier doesnt go now then I might have lost all hope. Maybe Regier will stop dismantling and start building with a new owner but I would rather see a new GM, The idea that a new gm could be worse is true but its fear and its time 14 years to build a cup winner and you have not done it. You have failed. Pegula come here and make the trades we need, and hire the gm we deserve. Tuesday should be the day!

I hope you're joking, because Regier is not going anywhere, anytime soon. If he gets fired, it'd be after the season. He just said he will be active.... i'm sure he's spoken to Pegula's people several times.

I hope you're joking, because Regier is not going anywhere, anytime soon. If he gets fired, it'd be after the season. He just said he will be active.... i'm sure he's spoken to Pegula's people several times.

Is Regier "being active" because he thinks it's best for the team or is he "being active" because "Pegula's people" told him what he is going to do?

Archived