Unconfirmed rumor

Two or less

I work with a guy who is a former trainer of the Buffalo Sabres and went to the Amerks game last night, and met up with an old friend whos still a current Sabres scout to catch up on things... and the scout told him Ryan Miller will be out for 4-5 months because they will have him get surgery. They thought rest would heal it but his leg isn't getting any better and will opt for surgery.

Like i said, it's obviously a rumor. I don't know what was said because i wasn't there but i don't see why this guy would lie to me or i don't see why the scout, whos his friend, would lie to him. Take it for what its worth, but since i heard it today, i felt i needed to share it with you guys but i pray to god this is false.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Miller pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

(I'm just screwing around w/ you. Thanks for sharing the info.)

I work with a guy who is a former trainer of the Buffalo Sabres and went to the Amerks game last night, and met up with an old friend whos still a current Sabres scout to catch up on things... and the scout told him Ryan Miller will be out for 4-5 months because they will have him get surgery. They thought rest would heal it but his leg isn't getting any better and will opt for surgery.

Like i said, it's obviously a rumor. I don't know what was said because i wasn't there but i don't see why this guy would lie to me or i don't see why the scout, whos his friend, would lie to him. Take it for what its worth, but since i heard it today, i felt i needed to share it with you guys but i pray to god this is false.

Heck, maybe they realised this team wasn't going anywhere with or without him in net, and decided he might as well get fixed up now so that he can be ready for next season, when hopefully two of "the core" are gone?

Thank you for passing that on.

If so...they will probably hide it as long as possible to sell tickets

Sad but true as they say.

If Miller is out even a month the season is over. It would be time for a fire sale if they can actually find bidders for any of their roster.

I actually had that suspicion myself after hearing Lindy struggle to give a time frame on his return. Miller said it was something that happened in training camp, right? A guy fell on him or something and it hasn't felt right since? Or did I misread that quote the other day? Either way, it sounds to me like a situation where if it's not getting better he will need surgery and could miss some serious time.

IF this is true, I'd have to think Enroth would start at least 50% of the games. I just can't see them signing anyone.

IF this is true (I know, I know), then Marty Biron will be kicking himself big time. The main reason he didn't come back to Buffalo last summer was that he wanted to pick a team where he'd get a lot of playing time. He would have gotten almost a full season here as the no.1 if Miller is really out 5 months.

As for the Sabres finishing dead last, it would probably be a good thing long term. We're clearing out a ton of dead weight after this season (assuming Darcy is smart enough not to re-sign anyone) and this would be a good time to draft a super prospect to replenish our top line. We already have Adam and Kassian under contract and on the way next year.

If Miller is really gone for the rest of the season, we should trade a few of our other veterans for draft picks and pretty much call it a season. It's hard to make up ground in the NHL thanks to the loser points they give out for OT losses and we're off to the worst start in the NHL.

I call bs. Would need to be MAJOR to be out that long. If it was that serious he wouldn't have been able to play the last couple weeks. Worst case scenario it's a torn meniscus and with surgery he's out a month to 6 weeks.

The only thing shittier than the management of this team has been the training staff the past 5 years.

Nothing would be surprising.

i.e (Briere/Dumont/Kalinin/Connolly/Tallinder/D.Moore/Rivet) all missing months or playing worthless after being misdiagnosed or ignored.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Miller pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

(I'm just screwing around w/ you. Thanks for sharing the info.)

Very nice Ferris Buehler reference :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IF this is true (I know, I know), then Marty Biron will be kicking himself big time. The main reason he didn't come back to Buffalo last summer was that he wanted to pick a team where he'd get a lot of playing time.

No. If this were the case, he wouldn't have signed to play behind Lundqvist, who is 28 and has played 70+ games 4 years in a row.

Archived