Unconfirmed rumor

Two or less

Nice, junior high.

I've already shown that in the past two seasons the sabres were far far from most injury prone.

No one has been able to show anything different. Theres nothing objective to show the sabres are injury prone.

If thats how you think pro sports should be run you will never work with pro athletes. it doesnt work the way you want it to but that doesnt make it improper. You really think the players or the PA would allow daily medical checks? insane.

Considering they have been among the bottom half of teams in hits and blocked shots over the past two years, have you really proven anything? It would seem that teams that play a physical would have more players injured. I'm just saying.

Quoted for truth. The medical staff can only treat so many things. A lot of injuries can be hidden. Hockey players are tough. Maybe even some of ours, a long shot I know. If the doc pokes at my knee and I suck it up and say it doesn't hurt when in fact it's killing me, there's nothing more they can do.

exactly. no doc is gonna say nor would teams permit him to say no player x you need to sit out and have an mri just to be sure.

Considering they have been among the bottom half of teams in hits and blocked shots over the past two years, have you really proven anything? It would seem that teams that play a physical would have more players injured. I'm just saying.

So you are saying they are the incompetent yet not incompetent enough to be in the top 10 because the players are wusses. You never cease to amaze.

Nice, junior high.

I've already shown that in the past two seasons the sabres were far far from most injury prone.

No one has been able to show anything different. Theres nothing objective to show the sabres are injury prone.

If thats how you think pro sports should be run you will never work with pro athletes. it doesnt work the way you want it to but that doesnt make it improper. You really think the players or the PA would allow daily medical checks? insane.

No...you see...I do work with pro athletes, and doctors, on a daily basis. The docs just happen to be DVM's and the athletes weigh 1,000 lbs and have 4 legs. They can't talk, so it is up to us to be their advocates. If we miss something that COULD turn into an injury, it costs time, money, and in the worst case..lives. So we take what we do very seriously. There is no expense spared in treatment, and preventative medicine on one athlete costs more than a few season tickets.....but it's done, and we don't wait for something catastrophic to happen. We catch it before it's a disaster.

You may have a good point about the PA. But being an owner....I don't think there's any way in hell that's the case. You don't sink $40 million a year into something then take Timmy Connolly at his word that he can say the alphabet.

No...you see...I do work with pro athletes, and doctors, on a daily basis. The docs just happen to be DVM's and the athletes weigh 1,000 lbs and have 4 legs. They can't talk, so it is up to us to be their advocates. If we miss something that COULD turn into an injury, it costs time, money, and in the worst case..lives. So we take what we do very seriously. There is no expense spared in treatment, and preventative medicine on one athlete costs more than a few season tickets.....but it's done, and we don't wait for something catastrophic to happen. We catch it before it's a disaster.

You may have a good point about the PA. But being an owner....I don't think there's any way in hell that's the case. You don't sink $40 million a year into something then take Timmy Connolly at his word that he can say the alphabet.

that is the case.

Well then Bettman is a bigger stooge than I gave him credit for.

But I highly doubt that is the case.

bc in vet medicine its different? cmon thats not really a fair comparison. animals cant tell you if they are ok. athletes do, and thats what trainers go on. Now if a guy is saying he is ok but it looks like hes hurt thats a diff story.

But what you are saying is ridiculous that these guys should have daily medical exams. You are wrong it doesn't happen like that not in any pro sport, aside from animals .

exactly. no doc is gonna say nor would teams permit him to say no player x you need to sit out and have an mri just to be sure.

So you are saying they are the incompetent yet not incompetent enough to be in the top 10 because the players are wusses. You never cease to amaze.

What is amazing is your lack of reading comprehension. At what point did I indicate that the Sabres medical team was incompetent due to the total number of games lost to injury? I am simply pointing out how your counter argument of the Sabres not being in the top ten of man games missed is insignificant to the overall point. Yor were trying to make a point that since the Sabres were not among the league leaders in man games lost and that someone means that are competent when it comes to diagnosing serious injuries. Sorry, you have yet to provide any information to disprove View Ghost of Dwight Drane's original point.

What is amazing is your lack of reading comprehension. At what point did I indicate that the Sabres medical team was incompetent due to the total number of games lost to injury? I am simply pointing out how your counter argument of the Sabres not being in the top ten of man games missed is insignificant to the overall point. Yor were trying to make a point that since the Sabres were not among the league leaders in man games lost and that someone means that are competent when it comes to diagnosing serious injuries. Sorry, you have yet to provide any information to disprove View Ghost of Dwight Drane's original point.

my educational background would say my reading comp is far superior to yours if thats where you wanna go there, aside from the poor grammar in your post.

Sorry, but when someone gives an opinion based on observations and someone else provides information suggesting otherwise one would normally take that into account as Ghost did.

If the med team was so incompetent they fail to diagnose serious injuries, they would have many man games lost.

my educational background would say my reading comp is far superior to yours if thats where you wanna go there, aside from the poor grammar in your post.

Sorry, but when someone gives an opinion based on observations and someone else provides information suggesting otherwise one would normally take that into account as Ghost did.

If the med team was so incompetent they fail to diagnose serious injuries, they would have many man games lost.

You might want to look into getting a refund on your education because your reading comprehension sucks. I'll admit my grammar is old school West Side public school and my spelling sucks. As Captain Quinn said to Mr. Hooper " At least I can admit when I am wrong." Maybe you should have taken a class in Manning Up. You tried to call me out on a point I didn't make. If your are in the medical field and have a "educational background?" I guess that that would explain the state of the countries educational and and medical systems.

Debating over who has a longer Dick is pretty much pointless.

It was mentioned on NHL network last night about Miller and an injury. The knee was mentioned in that bit.

I don't know what he has wrong with him, and maybe they don't either. We really won't know until the organization releases some information.

You might want to look into getting a refund on your education because your reading comprehension sucks. I'll admit my grammar is old school West Side public school and my spelling sucks. As Captain Quinn said to Mr. Hooper " At least I can admit when I am wrong." Maybe you should have taken a class in Manning Up. You tried to call out on a point I didn't make. If your are in the medical field and have a "educational background?" I guess that that would explain the state of the countries educational and and medical systems.

ill get right on that :clapping: :clapping:

Debating over who has a longer Dick is pretty much pointless.

It was mentioned on NHL network last night about Miller and an injury. The knee was mentioned in that bit.

I don't know what he has wrong with him, and maybe they don't either. We really won't know until the organization releases some information.

STATIC!!!!

Are you back from another tour in IRAQ?!

Welcome back!!!!

Interesting pissing match. Fact is nobody knows anything close to the truth till this team releases a statement and even then its a crapshoot whether you can believe what they're telling you anyways. Thats how pro hockey works. Everyone knows that.

Way to bail out! :thumbsup: I hope you are not a EMT or something else important! :doh:

theres no point trying to have a discussion any longer.

I am not an EMT. My education and training does however make me very knowledgable about this topic. Keep on opinion-ating about topics you lack knowledge in, suits you well.

btw any update on Miller?

What I take from this thread is that Ryan is off his feed?!

:lol:

Miller could be back tomorrow but it doesn't change the fact the staff has outright missed close to a dozen major injuries in the past 5 years. I am probably missing some examples as well.

And I'm not worried about a pissing match. Like many other topics, my goal is to teach and expose. If someone says they have an education in a field...that is fine. Try to refute what I am saying, other than "I have a degree!"

Patty16...you are ok. Like I said, you aren't trying to bamboozle anyone...you are just taking your knowledge and applying it to the situation. You can give a much more detailed breakdown of specific things involving the body than I ever could. I'm just sick of this team having excuses for their overall lacklusterness. Overhaul the whole God Blessed thing from top to bottom.

bc in vet medicine its different? cmon thats not really a fair comparison. animals cant tell you if they are ok. athletes do, and thats what trainers go on. Now if a guy is saying he is ok but it looks like hes hurt thats a diff story.

But what you are saying is ridiculous that these guys should have daily medical exams. You are wrong it doesn't happen like that not in any pro sport, aside from animals .

Miller was absolutely not himself in net so far this season. You don't think people asked him if there was a reason he looked so bad? Or is it your contention that he lied about his leg hurting when asked? Because he isn't appearing to feel the need to lie anymore, and that seems a bit curious to me.

It's my honest opinion that there was negligence involved, but on the part of the trainers and coaches, not necessarily the docs, because no doubt, if they asked a doctor to talk to Ryan about his pain, they'd never let him out of their office without at least a CAT scan, MRI, and a full set of three-views. Doctors get paid for procedures nowadays, not consultations, so believe me, with the kind of money backing a Vezina goaltender, they'd be frothing at the bit to get him in for tests, IMO.

Or is it your contention that he lied about his leg hurting when asked? Because he isn't appearing to feel the need to lie anymore, and that seems a bit curious to me.

This happens ALL the time. You BS your coaches and med staff you're fine until you either pass that mental or physical block that says "okay maybe I should stop ignoring it".

What's so curious about it?

Miller was absolutely not himself in net so far this season. You don't think people asked him if there was a reason he looked so bad? Or is it your contention that he lied about his leg hurting when asked? Because he isn't appearing to feel the need to lie anymore, and that seems a bit curious to me.

It's my honest opinion that there was negligence involved, but on the part of the trainers and coaches, not necessarily the docs, because no doubt, if they asked a doctor to talk to Ryan about his pain, they'd never let him out of their office without at least a CAT scan, MRI, and a full set of three-views. Doctors get paid for procedures nowadays, not consultations, so believe me, with the kind of money backing a Vezina goaltender, they'd be frothing at the bit to get him in for tests, IMO.

Im not saying he lied at all, but it does happen.

Team docs are on contract, so they don't get paid to order procedures the same they do if you or I walked into an office. I dont know how there could be negligence on behalf of the trainers, even in your scenario they send him to a doc. Trainers don't order MRIs, they refer guys to the docs.

Buffalo is considered to have a good medical team, including trainers.

Now your a medical expert? In the "Don't forget to vote" thread you were an expert on the Constitution! Gentlemen - we have a modern day da Vinci on our hands!

Archived