Unconfirmed rumor

Two or less

1) a Sabres scout at an Amerks game? Who we haven't been affiliated with in two years?

2) Miller has been out a week. If he needed surgery, he would have had it six days ago.

I call BS.

A scout at an Amerks game.... perhaps checking out what the Panthers & Devils have down on the farm perhaps?!?! Doing what a scout does.

Really? You don't think they would wait and weigh their options with the franchise net minder.

That is all

On the NHL Network they were saying that Miller's injury is worse than expected and he will be out "indefinitely".

Ya, I caught that as well. He said it may be 4 or 5 months if he has the knee surgery.

That sucks.

Wow but on a different note depending on how long the team has known about this issue that may explain how bad the majority of some of the players on this team have looked.

To steal a Millerism like fragile little kids that know there's no christmas this year.

If that (a whoa is me we can't win w/o miller why bother mentality) is some of the reason behind the lackluster play of a lot of our players all the more reason I want them off my favorite team, if they aren't professional enough to dig deeeper vs start mailing it in this early then start getting them off my favorite team now.

When is the vaunted Buffalo sports media going to start really covering this, the biggest story in Sabre Nation right now? When the Sabres send out a press release? Lazy team. Lazy media.

Good point, how has does HNIC and NHL network get in on the skinny and Bflo media stay in the dark?

Bet they have to jump on the story now that it is leaked on the web, still gives a lot of traction to your points about all local media being company schills(not sure of that spelling)

IF this is true (I know, I know), then Marty Biron will be kicking himself big time. The main reason he didn't come back to Buffalo last summer was that he wanted to pick a team where he'd get a lot of playing time. He would have gotten almost a full season here as the no.1 if Miller is really out 5 months.

As for the Sabres finishing dead last, it would probably be a good thing long term. We're clearing out a ton of dead weight after this season (assuming Darcy is smart enough not to re-sign anyone) and this would be a good time to draft a super prospect to replenish our top line. We already have Adam and Kassian under contract and on the way next year.

If Miller is really gone for the rest of the season, we should trade a few of our other veterans for draft picks and pretty much call it a season. It's hard to make up ground in the NHL thanks to the loser points they give out for OT losses and we're off to the worst start in the NHL.

About the ton of dead weight, I dunno. Rivet (3.5), Connolly (4.5) and Stafford (2.3), yes. Plus Grier, Niedermayer, Montador, making less. And others. (I would never call Montador dead weight, while I'm sure some would.)

The really tough contracts won't come off for a while -- Vanek, Pominville, Hecht, Gaustad. Sorry Jason.

OK, maybe a ton of dead weight. What's a ton?

When is the vaunted Buffalo sports media going to start really covering this, the biggest story in Sabre Nation right now? When the Sabres send out a press release? Lazy team. Lazy media.

Um,.. the Buffalo media was scooped by Vanek-Man, and I mean no offense to Vanek-Man.

its not a knee, he wouldnt have been out there trying to skate initiallly.

If it is more serious its likely a sports hernia, typicall they try to rest first before letting you try it out. That injury will not heal on its own.

btw the enroth call up is bc you need 2 goalies.... not to "see what he has"

If it is more serious its likely a sports hernia, typicall they try to rest first before letting you try it out. That injury will not heal on its own.

Why has he started two of the three games?

Why has he started two of the three games?

Um has Lalime played well enough to warrant otherwise?? nope.

You need two goalies. Lindy played Enroth to get a spark, it didnt go well so lalime played next. He let in a big softee so Enroth started the next game. He will prob start the next game.

Some knee injuries you can play on. I know some players that have had knee problems for years and they refuse to get surgery because it will take them out of the game too long. Depending on what exactly it is, Miller might only be experiencing discomfort as opposed to weakness, which is something you couldn't pay me to skate on (mainly because I have). If it's discomfort then it might be something as simple as needing a knee scope, which would keep a normal player out 6-8 weeks. But a goalie, who's knees are extremely important, may have to wait even longer.

I haven't seen anything other than what I caught on NHL network. So I don't know if its a knee or not, but they did make the statement about "If Miller has the knee surgery, he could be out 4 to 5 months". That one caught my attention.

I don't know if it even is a knee injury or how they knew if it was. I'll leave that to Vanek Man.

I just heard the analyst state what he did about Miller and surgery.

And if it is true, it does suck.

Some knee injuries you can play on. I know some players that have had knee problems for years and they refuse to get surgery because it will take them out of the game too long. Depending on what exactly it is, Miller might only be experiencing discomfort as opposed to weakness, which is something you couldn't pay me to skate on (mainly because I have). If it's discomfort then it might be something as simple as needing a knee scope, which would keep a normal player out 6-8 weeks. But a goalie, who's knees are extremely important, may have to wait even longer.

it was my understanding they gave him a couple of days to see if it would get better. Ruff said it was a strain i believe so unlikely to be a knee

it was my understanding they gave him a couple of days to see if it would get better. Ruff said it was a strain i believe so unlikely to be a knee

Not only did ruff say it was a muscle strain, but that "He will not need surgery".

We shall see.

If it's a sports hernia, that would make 5 in 5 years to key players who were allowed to play with it. I'd rather have Richard Simmons in charge of training these guys at this point.

The FAN 590 said that it was a back injury on Friday. Is it his back, knee, ankle? We don't even know the body part haha.

Not only did ruff say it was a muscle strain, but that "He will not need surgery".

We shall see.

If it's a sports hernia, that would make 5 in 5 years to key players who were allowed to play with it. I'd rather have Richard Simmons in charge of training these guys at this point.

It has nothing to do with training. Its not an injury that happens overnight, it takes some time to develop and you dont notice it until its too late. If its minor it would be 3 months or so. I had the injury and surgery so i know what its all about.

i get the feeling its not what he has though, especially since Ruff said no surgery - which is the only way to treat a sports hernia.

It has nothing to do with training. Its not an injury that happens overnight, it takes some time to develop and you dont notice it until its too late. If its minor it would be 3 months or so. I had the injury and surgery so i know what its all about.

i get the feeling its not what he has though, especially since Ruff said no surgery - which is the only way to treat a sports hernia.

They let Briere, Dumont, Kalinin and Gaustad all play with a hernia.

They let Connolly sit for a year assuming head when it was really a neck and it took a college to call them to tell them how to treat it.

Tallinder's arm was broken in the exact same spot days after returning.

They miss freaking MRSA on McKee until he nearly goes septic.

Rivet was useless with one shoulder.

Afinogenov was back from a "wrist" only to get scratched 2 games into the playoffs.

Dominik Moore came to town with a broken arm but vetted clean by our braintrust.

Who knows what else they have missed along the way.

Gaustad used to be a bull who could post up in front of the net, now he looks like he's in cycle 4 of chemo.

Miller gets run down to 163 lbs. every year

Bernier and Torres were too fat and slow for the system.

Anyone notice a trend? This isn't "stuff happens". These are all clearly major medical issues that have been mishandled.

Too bad Larry went to Cleveland for his surgery. He should have trusted his in-house guys to cut him open. Lub-lub....lub-lub...lub...beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

They let Connolly sit for a year assuming head when it was really a neck and it took a college to call them to tell them how to treat it.

Afinogenov was back from a "wrist" only to get scratched 2 games into the playoffs.

Dominik Moore came to town with a broken arm but vetted clean by our braintrust.

Gaustad used to be a bull who could post up in front of the net, now he looks like he's in cycle 4 of chemo.

Anyone notice a trend? This isn't "stuff happens". These are all clearly major medical issues that have been mishandled.

Too bad Larry went to Cleveland for his surgery. He should have trusted his in-house guys to cut him open. Lub-lub....lub-lub...lub...beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Yea you can play with a sports hernia, its not a typical hernia. Its a pain threshold issue, its a stabbing pain anytime you make a cut, but otherwise walking around its feels fine.

How do you explain guys like Pomminstein who has been so healthy.

Goose was never a bull, he's 6'5 220 beanpole.

I would ask you to do some careful analysis of other teams and their medical issues before you bash the sabres medical team.

You dont know anything about medicine to state that they clearly mismanaged "major" medical issues.

Comeon now you know we revolutionalized video scouting so it's not fare when you know we are now on the avant garde of a video team medical/training staff.

Let that college intern use Web Md self diagnose tools. My nuts hurt

I think if u pay a modest subscription fee they provide detail clinical analysis and most prescribed remedy's.

Comeon now you know we revolutionalized video scouting so it's not fare when you know we are now on the avant garde of a video team medical/training staff.

Let that college intern use Web Md self diagnose tools. My nuts hurt

I think if u pay a modest subscription fee they provide detail clinical analysis and most prescribed remedy's.

Great post. But your link isnt a sports hernia.

http://www.sportshernia.com/

This does a good job of explaining it. There is no herniation involved so the injury is a misnomer. Its a difficult injury to prevent and diagnose.

Great post. But your link isnt a sports hernia.

http://www.sportshernia.com/

This does a good job of explaining it. There is no herniation involved so the injury is a misnomer. Its a difficult injury to prevent and diagnose.

So wadda know Moe, I guess my slip also explains the college intern going to wrong site and mis diagnosing. ;)

Archived