Predictions

Claude_Verret

Sabres will score more goals than Bills will score points.

I'd say mid-90s in points, doubt that will bring a division title.

That should be good for 5th-7th seeding, this will be a season of parity in the East.

Apart from Panthers, Isles and the Thrash, who will once again set up the basement.

Sharks and Wings will duel in the West, and the Canucks will be close.

I'll go with 103 pts, #1 in the division, #3 in the EC, and winning 2 rounds in the playoffs. The Sabres will again be top 5 in defense and will improve to top 8 or so in scoring and top 12 or so on the PP.

I'll also predict good years from Stafford and TC, an improved year from Vanek (but still below 40 goals), about the same from Roy and Pommer as last year, about 40 pts from Gerbe and about 50 from Ennis. Myers will be terrific and in the all-star game.

The only two Eastern teams that I think are clearly better than the Sabres are Penguins and Caps. That obviously does not mean they can't be taken out in the playoffs as I think last years first round exit for the Sabres will prove to be very beneficial this year.

Personally, I am in the mind frame of anything less than Conference finals is a failure. I have a good feeling about this season and I still stand by my prediction that Sabres WILL be in the Cup within two years.

• 5 months later...

It is interesting to look back on these in April.

Division will be tough again with Boston and Ottawa, unknown for Montreal if they can start out playing the way they finished and I do believe Toronto will be a bit tougher to count on for 2 points. With that said repeat of last years 100 pts will be hard so I am going with 97 pts guess and a fourth place finish in conference, 2nd in div.

Well I defintely got the conference position wrong but I still have a chance at one of the other two(2nd in div).

This is one time I'll take close besides dancing with a hot babe, and horseshoes for money, oh and hand grenades in world at war online, and..

I didn't see a thread yet for everyone to document how wrong they are about the Sabres and the NHL in October. So here goes nothing..

The Sabres will finish with 94 points good for 7th place. They will be ousted in 2nd round, which will be good enough to keep Darcy and Lindy secure once again.

Stanley Cup: Caps over Sharks in 6.

WOOOOW...i mean this is pretty right on atleast for points and probably 7th place...that is crazy what a good call...cant say anything about the cup prediction pretty bold to pick two teams who are know to flounder in the playoffs

WOOOOW...i mean this is pretty right on atleast for points and probably 7th place...that is crazy what a good call...cant say anything about the cup prediction pretty bold to pick two teams who are know to flounder in the playoffs

Now that they are officially in I feel I can safely comment. If the Sabres lose tomorrow in regulation then I will be correct with both my points and seeding predictions for the Sabres this year, however as optimistic as I was at the beginning of the season I must provide full disclosure and admit that I said they would not make the playoffs in the January will the Sabres make the playoffs thread. But wow what a turnaround this team has made, it's been fun to watch and thankfully we will get to watch some playoff hockey again this year. Let's Go Buffalo!!!

There was alot of talk around the holidays that the Sabres were going to have to win at a pace that Vancouver, Detroit, and Philly was setting just to scrape into the playoffs. And that is EXACTLY what the team did. Pretty fracking amazing if you ask me. Sustaining a Presidents Trophy pace over the last 3-4 months of the season is pretty unreal given their start.

Archived