Predictions

Claude_Verret

There was alot of talk around the holidays that the Sabres were going to have to win at a pace that Vancouver, Detroit, and Philly was setting just to scrape into the playoffs. And that is EXACTLY what the team did. Pretty fracking amazing if you ask me. Sustaining a Presidents Trophy pace over the last 3-4 months of the season is pretty unreal given their start.

After one month of play into this season...if was looking bleak:

Standings Nov 7. 2010 --- Cool site by the way....

http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Games/AnyDateStandings.aspx?Date=2010-11-7&League=1

I'm thinking that the tables reverse and we play average during the regular season and become a strong dominant team in the playoffs. Sabres end up in 6th and similar to the '99 team, make a run to the cup, I'm going to go with a win in Game 6 this time. Sabres over Blackhawks.

Interesting reading what I thought back then. We still may get that numb. 6 seed and I suppose the Hawks still have a decent shot at making the playoffs. I don't know if you can classify craping the bed badly early in the year and playing amazing the second half of the year "average" lol.

And you were more wrong still. 'Cause this team is in the playoffs, and there's not a damned thing that you can do about it.

What do you think I'd like to do about it, besides have the Sabres clinch a spot several weeks sooner?

Maybe I missed it -- did you predict back in November that the Sabres would make the playoffs?

What do you think I'd like to do about it, besides have the Sabres clinch a spot several weeks sooner?

Maybe I missed it -- did you predict back in November that the Sabres would make the playoffs?

Nope, but I did say in December that this wasn't over when a LOT of people said it was. And it wasn't. And it happened with--and probably because of--Lindy, too. See, PA, it's easy to be negative. You'll be right 99% of the time, and if you like being right on the generalities with no regard to specifics, that's the path to take. But usually I'll take being positive instead. Don't care if I'm right or wrong; I'll just root for the team.

You're coming around. I can sense it.

Nope, but I did say in December that this wasn't over when a LOT of people said it was. And it wasn't. And it happened with--and probably because of--Lindy, too. See, PA, it's easy to be negative. You'll be right 99% of the time, and if you like being right on the generalities with no regard to specifics, that's the path to take. But usually I'll take being positive instead. Don't care if I'm right or wrong; I'll just root for the team.

You're coming around. I can sense it.

But you weren't positive. You were right on the generality -- that a team could make up a few points in 60 some games. You were wrong on the specifics. You thought 80 points or something might make the cut.

Bottom line -- neither one of us predicted that the Sabres would make the playoffs. You thought the Sabres were cooked too.

Welcome to my world.

But you weren't positive. You were right on the generality -- that a team could make up a few points in 60 some games. You were wrong on the specifics. You thought 80 points or something might make the cut.

Bottom line -- neither one of us predicted that the Sabres would make the playoffs. You thought the Sabres were cooked too.

Welcome to my world.

No, I didn't. I knew they were alive. They were. They ARE. And they made up those points, didn't they?

This is the year where we figure out your mystery avatar, too.

No, I didn't. I knew they were alive. They were. They ARE. And they made up those points, didn't they?

This is the year where we figure out your mystery avatar, too.

But your premise was based on a ridiculously low point total to make the playoffs, based on the pace those teams ahead of the Sabres were setting (allowing Buffalo to be only a few points off the pace despite their woeful start). No one thought the pace the Sabres actually set from that point was possible. Well, if anyone thought that, my hat is off to you.

If you figure out the avatar, I hope it is only after 16 versions of it.

But your premise was based on a ridiculously low point total to make the playoffs, based on the pace those teams ahead of the Sabres were setting (allowing Buffalo to be only a few points off the pace despite their woeful start). No one thought the pace the Sabres actually set from that point was possible. Well, if anyone thought that, my hat is off to you.

If you figure out the avatar, I hope it is only after 16 versions of it.

1) I always thought they were in it. The fact that other teams picked up the pace somewhat doesn't do anything to the fact that the Sabres picked it up even more. December was way too early to give up. The Sabres were in it then. And they are in it now.

2) Damn right, I want it to take all 16 versions.

Archived