Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Wasn't this the first time on the ballot for him too? I think there were much better choices than him...

Apparently Ol' Bats in His offered the $Billion to some of the HoF voters as well. :o

Either X's speculation on how he got in is correct or there were voters w/ ties to Chicago that remember his rookie campaign and talked that up heavily. Personally, I don't think Barrasso should be in the HoF but I'd put him in there before Eddie.

Belfour? The first thing that comes to mind is that he would never be considered if it hadn't been for a late stint in Toronto.

The rest are good choices.

And one ring that was awarded to him. That's all they really seem to care about at this point. Put one ring on Oates' finger and he's a first ballot hall of famer. I would love to see these voters debate the merits of Ron Francis over Adam Oates. The only difference I see is that Francis got two rings while playing on a ridiculously stacked team, a luxury that Oates never had. There was only one guy in that era who was a better setup man than Oates and that was some guy named Wayne.

Apparently Ol' Bats in His offered the $Billion to some of the HoF voters as well. :o

Either X's speculation on how he got in is correct or there were voters w/ ties to Chicago that remember his rookie campaign and talked that up heavily. Personally, I don't think Barrasso should be in the HoF but I'd put him in there before Eddie.

Belfour was great in Chicago in the 90's.

Maybe I'm being a little too picky. But I didn't think he was necessarily such a shoe-in.

Archived