Kaleta

spndnchz

What say U?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Worried Kaleta doesn't make the opener?

• Yes. He's got problems
    • No. He'll be fine.

Kaleta has neck pain again. Or should we say continuous since last season?

Lindy said today "There’s always concerned when it pops up again." That his pain is related to last season. He also said "He’s being looked at today and I’m assuming he’ll be a go for tomorrow."

He wasn't cleared to practice until today, but he's still not cleared to play.

I'd rather have him on the roster than Gerbe to start the season.

something ain't right.

as much as anything, it's been weird how lindy has handled the questions about him.

and i agree: this may further grease the skids for kassian's 9-game tryout.

Sounds like Marcy (mis-spelled intentionally for d4rk's and shrader's benefit) had better move from talking about talking about a contract to actually talking about a contract with Kassian's agent.

I am sure he intended to talk about talking about a contract for quite awhile before actually talking about it, so I hope he can handle the stress of accelerating all this talking.

Sounds like Marcy (mis-spelled intentionally for d4rk's and shrader's benefit) had better move from talking about talking about a contract to actually talking about a contract with Kassian's agent.

I am sure he intended to talk about talking about a contract for quite awhile before actually talking about it, so I hope he can handle the stress of accelerating all this talking.

lmfao

After what I saw of Kassian last night, he is not ready. Still feeling his way with the big boys and the speed of the game. He has talent. Some of his passes were brilliant but other times especially in the corners he looked lost and tentative. Almost like he couldn't believe he had so little space and had to work so hard to get control of the puck, not that he wouldn't but that he was not sure how to go about it and what to do once he got the puck.

I am concerned about Paddy, sounds like concussion related. Could be he just needs more time to heal. Sometimes these thing take leaving them alone for a while. Problem is that doesn't appear to be in Kaleta's nature. I hope for the best, but am concerned.

After what I saw of Kassian last night, he is not ready. Still feeling his way with the big boys and the speed of the game. He has talent. Some of his passes were brilliant but other times especially in the corners he looked lost and tentative. Almost like he couldn't believe he had so little space and had to work so hard to get control of the puck, not that he wouldn't but that he was not sure how to go about it and what to do once he got the puck.

I would agree that he is still feeling his way around out there, and is a long shot to make the team, but I would still like to see it happen. He has shown enough that I don't think he would be a liability.

I am concerned about Paddy, sounds like concussion related. Could be he just needs more time to heal. Sometimes these thing take leaving them alone for a while. Problem is that doesn't appear to be in Kaleta's nature. I hope for the best, but am concerned.

I have said it before, it wouldn't surprise me if PK is out of the league in 3 years. He gets in 2 or 3 major car accidents a night. I don't think its concussion related, I think its disc related. He probably has a couple herniated discs impinging on nerve roots. The only thing that will correct the problem is surgery, and that surgery, whether a fusion or artificial disc, will end his career. Enjoy him while he lasts.

What does calling him Marcy have anything to do with me?

That's the problem with the 19 year old thing, because he isn't going to learn any of that in Juniors. In fact, the problem is that he's used to Juniors. The question they have to ask is would his learning curve this year be fast enough to give him some early slack games to figure things out and then have a full-time player, or should they wait a year and have him learn it in the AHL. The rest of preseason and perhaps those nine games before his contract would kick in will help determine that.

Hmm - sorry about that. Thought you were one of the people seeing red every time they were reminded of their childhood jealousy of Charlie Brown and his hot ass girlfriend. Maybe it was just shrader.

Naw, I've never expressed complaint over the Marcy thing. Do I think it's silly? Yes. Does it bother me enough to care? No.

And that b*tch had a fine a**.

Kaleta is just about done. Guy is just not built to do what he does and can't protect himself from the guys he normally takes on. He's a chicken hawk. Plain and simple.

I wish I didn't agree with you but I do. This guy does not play a game conducive to long term survival in the NHL. I think he probably has 3 seasons left in the tank at best before injuries force him to retire early. Either that or he changes his game style and becomes irrelevant.

Kassian won't make the team.

If Kaleta can't start the year, both Stafford and Gerbe will be in the lineup.

I believe if the SAbres sign Kassian he is a lock for the nine games..I think they would look at that as his carrot in front of the donkey for behaving for the following year. He would have to be a major force in those nine games to stay up. I do think they sign him and I think he stays for the nine..The rest is up to him and the hockey gods...

I wish I didn't agree with you but I do. This guy does not play a game conducive to long term survival in the NHL. I think he probably has 3 seasons left in the tank at best before injuries force him to retire early. Either that or he changes his game style and becomes irrelevant.

What did Lindy say last preseason though? I think he said he wanted Kaleta to tone it down, pick his spots, become more of a hockey player. Not sure it happened, but when did Lindy's ass ever follow through on something his mouth said? It's too bad, really, that a player with a decent skill set has to be a kamikaze to cover up for a coach who can't get physical play out of his guys -- a lot of times, even the physical ones -- for a GM who will take seven years to adjust to the game and get Lindy more of those kind of players and for, honestly, a bunch of ###### teammates who'll have long, safe careers while Kaleta is using a pencil in his mouth to type with.

This is why I never begrudge professional athletes one penny. They are worth all of them.

Hmm - sorry about that. Thought you were one of the people seeing red every time they were reminded of their childhood jealousy of Charlie Brown and his hot ass girlfriend. Maybe it was just shrader.

Didn't Charlie Brown have a thing for that other lesbian, Peppermint Patty? And yes, the Marcy thing is idiotic because as I've pointed out a million times before, Darcy is already a girl's name!

Didn't Charlie Brown have a thing for that other lesbian, Peppermint Patty? And yes, the Marcy thing is idiotic because as I've pointed out a million times before, Darcy is already a girl's name!

So what are people supposed to call Darcy to make fun of his femininity? Marcy is only a girl's name -- that's why it works.

Hey, Lindy is also a girl's name. Can I call him Mindy? Or Lindsay?

What an incredible coincidence.

They also wrote a story about the game against the Leafs, which was discussed here! I just got goosebumps.

What did Lindy say last preseason though? I think he said he wanted Kaleta to tone it down, pick his spots, become more of a hockey player. Not sure it happened, but when did Lindy's ass ever follow through on something his mouth said? It's too bad, really, that a player with a decent skill set has to be a kamikaze to cover up for a coach who can't get physical play out of his guys -- a lot of times, even the physical ones -- for a GM who will take seven years to adjust to the game and get Lindy more of those kind of players and for, honestly, a bunch of ###### teammates who'll have long, safe careers while Kaleta is using a pencil in his mouth to type with.

This is why I never begrudge professional athletes one penny. They are worth all of them.

Well, you're in quite a mood this morning. Didn't Hockeyville in Dundas cheer you up?

Archived