Darcy on WGR

nobody

Don't know him, but come on d4rksabre, you have to admit, Darcy did hit on the PP situation in that interview. Does it mean Kaberle? I hope it means the best moves to not only correct that situation, but the "CLUTCH" situations, or lack of a player that has that ability as well.

I am not excited about the front 6, but I do have a bit of hope for the defensive corps.

I know he emphasized the power play. I just don't put much stock in anything he says. I won't believe it means anything until I actually see results.

I know he emphasized the power play. I just don't put much stock in anything he says. I won't believe it means anything until I actually see results.

Do you think Burke will trade Kaberle to a division rival? I don't. He has other offers which may not be as good, but at least he won't have to face Kaberle 6x a year so he may take one of them.

Aside from which Darcy referred to Kaberle's one year left on his contract, meaning that it would cost the Sabres plenty if they wanted to keep him. That's not Golisano's style.

One last thought on a Hemsky-to-Buffalo scenario...after the Vanek debacle there is no way Buffalo does any deals with Edmonton.

Do you think Burke will trade Kaberle to a division rival? I don't. He has other offers which may not be as good, but at least he won't have to face Kaberle 6x a year so he may take one of them.

Aside from which Darcy referred to Kaberle's one year left on his contract, meaning that it would cost the Sabres plenty if they wanted to keep him. That's not Golisano's style.

Toronto's not on a one year plan. They'll take whatever they can get to make their team better long term, no matter who is offering. Let's not forget how close Burke was to trading Kaberle to Boston just last year.

One last thought on a Hemsky-to-Buffalo scenario...after the Vanek debacle there is no way Buffalo does any deals with Edmonton.

The traded Kotalik to Edmonton just last year.

Toronto's not on a one year plan. They'll take whatever they can get to make their team better long term, no matter who is offering. Let's not forget how close Burke was to trading Kaberle to Boston just last year.

And he also gave them Hall or Seguin for Kessel plus another 1st AND 2nd next year.

I hope Burke got a nice reach around for that deal too!

How did that work out for them? I don't think that giving them Kotalik helped mend any fences that were probably mended just enough to start talking again!

Well then there's the fact that Kevin Lowe isn't even there anymore. I'm just getting sick of this idea that is constantly thrown around that Buffalo and Edmonton won't make deals together. It has already been proven to be 100% wrong.

I think you need to cut back on the sugar.

outstanding.

But seriously, you're borderline Sabres Republic at the moment. Where is that guy anyway?

skill and aptitude! aptitude and skill! Gary Bettman/referees/area 51/L Ron Hubbard conspiracy!

Let's not forget how close Burke was to trading Kaberle to Boston just last year.

The traded Kotalik to Edmonton just last year.

2 good calls.

like, really?

I agree with you though. After the playoff exit he's "frustrated" and now he's talked himself back into complacency. Where's that fire? He must pump himself up every morning with decaf coffee and reruns of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross.

I thought I couldn't get more of sick of Darcy.

I was wrong.

Is anyone else worried that not signing Tallinder and Lydman is going to end up like a lesser Drury/Briere situation and that, even with Myers, we are going to have a void at defense for the next 2 years?

Is anyone else worried that not signing Tallinder and Lydman is going to end up like a lesser Drury/Briere situation and that, even with Myers, we are going to have a void at defense for the next 2 years?

No! Tallinder and Lydman are easily replaced. There are better or comparable defenseman available this off-season. That said, I would be surprised if both didn't resign. I fully expect to be looking at the same team with the same flaws next season.

I'd like to keep Lydman at around the same salary(or slight increase) on a 2 or 3 year deal. I won't lose any sleep over Tallinder walking.

I'd like to keep Lydman at around the same salary(or slight increase) on a 2 or 3 year deal. I won't lose any sleep over Tallinder walking.

I think Lydman stays at below his last salary. The league does not pay second pairing defensive defensman. I have a high opinion and hope he stays but it should be at Hal Gill money ($2.25 million)

On a side Note, Tryouts begin for a new professional minor league featuring the owners of the old Whaler's Logo. They are going to be called the Danbury Whalers. Going up to photograph them today. There will be six teams, one in Brooklyn, Albany, near Binghampton, Danbury, One just North of the NY Border and South of Ottawa in Canada and on I believe on Long Island.

I will post a link to photos I get. The tryouts at Danbury occur this weekend with an Game to follow. It is one of those things where they are only looking for a few decent players. Not sure of the level though yet.

Below is the website, though a lot of information has not been posted yet.

http://thedanburywhalers.com/

No! Tallinder and Lydman are easily replaced. There are better or comparable defenseman available this off-season. That said, I would be surprised if both didn't resign. I fully expect to be looking at the same team with the same flaws next season.

Easily replaced may be a bit of an overstatement. And after all your grousing about Montador you should realize that they are not easily replaced. Lydman actually elevated his game for the playoffs and we need more guys that do that. I never though that our D was a problem and they aren't all that expensive or injury prone.

I agree with the bolded statement, but I'll be very surprised if they're both back next year.

I don't want either of them back at anything more than Montador money. They're both decent, but only decent, and Tallinder was well below that level for 2 solid years before last year.

Easily replaced may be a bit of an overstatement. And after all your grousing about Montador you should realize that they are not easily replaced. Lydman actually elevated his game for the playoffs and we need more guys that do that. I never though that our D was a problem and they aren't all that expensive or injury prone.

Well played on the bolded part.

I agree that the D was pretty solid last year. However, $6MM for the 2 of them is just too much when the Sabres have a crying need for a good forward, which is an expensive player.

I agree with the bolded statement, but I'll be very surprised if they're both back next year.

I don't want either of them back at anything more than Montador money. They're both decent, but only decent, and Tallinder was well below that level for 2 solid years before last year.

Well played on the bolded part.

I agree that the D was pretty solid last year. However, $6MM for the 2 of them is just too much when the Sabres have a crying need for a good forward, which is an expensive player.

As I said earlier, I think Lydman will be back but I think many will be surprised at the contract Tallinder gets on the market.

but I think many will be surprised at the contract Tallinder gets on the market.

i don't disagree. but i will say this: that g.m. is going to overpay. tallinder had a respectable comeback year when he was playing for a contract and with a calder winner.

Archived