Darcy on WGR

nobody

Said he was on the flight to LA from LV with Burke - no guarantee trading Kaberle will be made be made any time soon (with any club.)

Mentioned how Kaberle only has one year left on his contract - high price to get him.

Talked about how the Sabres have 2 of the top 20 centers.

Will look at making a trade if it betters the team. Blah blah.

Mentioned something at the end about could be open to pick up a player who has a higher valued contract with a year left if another player they want comes in return.

Sorry wasn't fully listening.

Here is the link, hopefully, so someone can get better details.

6/24 Darcy Regier w/ Bulldog

Said he was on the flight to LA from LV with Burke - no guarantee trading Kaberle will be made be made any time soon (with any club.)

Mentioned how Kaberle only has one year left on his contract - high price to get him.

Talked about how the Sabres have 2 of the top 20 centers.

Will look at making a trade if it betters the team. Blah blah.

Mentioned something at the end about could be open to pick up a player who has a higher valued contract with a year left if another player they want comes in return.

Sorry wasn't fully listening.

Here is the link, hopefully, so someone can get better details.

6/24 Darcy Regier w/ Bulldog

That is interesting, however could be telling as to the likelihood of them retaining Lydman or Tallinder.

Listened through it. Sounds like more of the same from Darcy. He's still certain that Connolly and Roy are our 1 and 2 centers and he won't make trades unless they can help the team. He seemed to put a lot of heft on the injuries to Vanek and Hecht and the power play for our playoff woes.

When asked about the Byfuglien trade he seemed to shy away from the notion of making what he called an NBA trade, where in order to get what you want you have to take other stuff you might not.

I also got the feeling Lalime was gone and that he wasn't entirely sure about Enroth as a backup. Sounds like he's shopping for a goalie and some way to help our power play.

Don't expect anything blockbuster though. He doesn't have the cajones.

Listened through it. Sounds like more of the same from Darcy. He's still certain that Connolly and Roy are our 1 and 2 centers and he won't make trades unless they can help the team. He seemed to put a lot of heft on the injuries to Vanek and Hecht and the power play for our playoff woes.

When asked about the Byfuglien trade he seemed to shy away from the notion of making what he called an NBA trade, where in order to get what you want you have to take other stuff you might not.

I also got the feeling Lalime was gone and that he wasn't entirely sure about Enroth as a backup. Sounds like he's shopping for a goalie and some way to help our power play.

Don't expect anything blockbuster though. He doesn't have the cajones.

Joe Corvo as our power play savior confirmed. :doh:

######! So two months ago, he was talking about Roy and Connolly as being emblematic of the team's lack of finish. Now he's touting them as two of the top twenty in the league. What a giant snowjob he layed on this town. Again. I swear, if I lived in Buffalo, I'd be tempted to egg that dude's house like every day of my life.

That was depressing. Im not sure why at this point any of us would feel as if there will be some moment of enlightenment from the FO.

You know, in that Boston series "20-15 even strength, blah blah" so Roy and Connolly were not the problem according to DR. The problem is that both see thier fair share of time on that dreadful PP.

######! So two months ago, he was talking about Roy and Connolly as being emblematic of the team's lack of finish. Now he's touting them as two of the top twenty in the league. What a gian snowjob he layed on this town. Again. I swear, if I lived in Buffalo, I'd be tempted to egg that dude's house like every day of my life.

like, really?

I agree with you though. After the playoff exit he's "frustrated" and now he's talked himself back into complacency. Where's that fire? He must pump himself up every morning with decaf coffee and reruns of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross.

like, really?

I agree with you though. After the playoff exit he's "frustrated" and now he's talked himself back into complacency. Where's that fire? He must pump himself up every morning with decaf coffee and reruns of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross.

He's just talking up his possible trade assets.

like, really?

My 19 month-old son freakin LOVES that show. He'll sit and stare for the full half hour. Kids show? Meh. Bob Ross? Catatonic.

He's just talking up his possible trade assets.

Is it really necessary to do that these days? Is saying something on some two-bit AM radio show really being used by clubs interested in our players? Personally, I'd rather Darcy just stay off the media radar and get things done instead of spewing the same old garbage to the fan base. Is it something to talk about? Maybe. Is it very encouraging for us? Heck no.

Also, SeaBass, I agree with your son's preferences in television. Bob Ross clips on youtube are a great way to de-stress before bed. The dude's voice is just entrancing.

Is it really necessary to do that these days? Is saying something on some two-bit AM radio show really being used by clubs interested in our players? Personally, I'd rather Darcy just stay off the media radar and get things done instead of spewing the same old garbage to the fan base. Is it something to talk about? Maybe. Is it very encouraging for us? Heck no.

Also, SeaBass, I agree with your son's preferences in television. Bob Ross clips on youtube are a great way to de-stress before bed. The dude's voice is just entrancing.

This. Stay off the airways and make the team better.

Just listened to the entire interview.

KABERLE TO BUFFALO, YOU CAN BOOK IT, I'M CALLING IT HANDS DOWN AFTER THAT INTERVIEW!

They focused in on the power play, and that is the negator for this team in the playoffs.

I firmly believe Kaberle is coming to Buffalo.

I also firmly believe Darcy will move up in the draft, 15 spot? maybe, but I can also see Darcy dumping for even higher or, Darcy dumping for lower, perhaps late 1st, early 2nd round picks (thats right, more than 1).

I base my deduction not only on this interview, but a review of whats available to the Sabres as injuries and other situations occur.

Weber will be up with the big club this season, that much I have assured myself.

The question was on Gragnani, and as much as a supporter of his I am (refer to past posts of mine on him) I'll take Kaberle as a PPQB thank you very much.

I also believe Ennis, Gerbe and McCormick will push for spots on the roster.

Stafford needs to go, and with that will be a RWer. FA will be Darcy's breeding ground for this.

Now on to the really big question. A FIRST LINE CENTER!

Draft day, most certainly 1st round, if Darcy is going to make a move for one, this will be the time. But, like most others that heard this interview, I feel Connolly won't be gone until the end of his contract. There is no way I give Roy away, not with such a good contract in place for his return.

Thoughts?

KABERLE TO BUFFALO, YOU CAN BOOK IT, I'M CALLING IT HANDS DOWN AFTER THAT INTERVIEW!

They focused in on the power play, and that is the negator for this team in the playoffs.

I also firmly believe Darcy will move up in the draft, 15 spot? maybe, but I can also see Darcy dumping for even higher or, Darcy dumping for lower, perhaps late 1st, early 2nd round picks (thats right, more than 1).

I base my deduction not only on this interview, but a review of whats available to the Sabres as injuries and other situations occur.

Weber will be up with the big club this season, that much I have assured myself.

The question was on Gragnani, and as much as a supporter of his I am (refer to past posts of mine on him) I'll take Kaberle as a PPQB thank you very much.

Stafford needs to go, and with that will be a RWer. FA will be Darcy's breeding ground for this.

Draft day, most certainly 1st round, if Darcy is going to make a move for one, this will be the time. But, like most others that heard this interview, I feel Connolly won't be gone until the end of his contract. There is no way I give Roy away, not with such a good contract in place for his return.

Thoughts?

Let's say Kaberle comes to Buffalo.

Who is he paired with? The initial thought is to pair with Myers. I'm not sure that is a good fit.

Would acquiring Kaberle mean a all out effort to go for the Cup? Will the Sabres change form and follow that move with other upgrades?

Thoughts?

I think you need to cut back on the sugar.

LOL, I didn't know Labatt's had more sugar content than other beverages, I'll try and make it an 8 pack as opposed to a 12 pack :thumbsup: , Deal?

:beer:

But seriously, you're borderline Sabres Republic at the moment. Where is that guy anyway?

Let's say Kaberle comes to Buffalo.

Who is he paired with? The initial thought is to pair with Myers. I'm not sure that is a good fit.

Would acquiring Kaberle mean a all out effort to go for the Cup? Will the Sabres change form and follow that move with other upgrades?

By no means am I advocating the bolded. I am merely stating the statistical truth that was voiced by Darcy. Our power play was horrible, and has been horrible for quite some time.

No, I would think another couple of moves would help immensily. A true 3rd line center, a true 1st line RWer and a pick up such as Kaberle (with Gragnani waiting in case of injury) may produce better results.

As for Darcy, my opinion of him has been constant and unwaivering, FIRE HIS A$$!

:beer:

But seriously, you're borderline Sabres Republic at the moment. Where is that guy anyway?

Don't know him, but come on d4rksabre, you have to admit, Darcy did hit on the PP situation in that interview. Does it mean Kaberle? I hope it means the best moves to not only correct that situation, but the "CLUTCH" situations, or lack of a player that has that ability as well.

I am not excited about the front 6, but I do have a bit of hope for the defensive corps.

Archived