Darcy on WGR

nobody

Easily replaced may be a bit of an overstatement. And after all your grousing about Montador you should realize that they are not easily replaced. Lydman actually elevated his game for the playoffs and we need more guys that do that. I never though that our D was a problem and they aren't all that expensive or injury prone.

The Sabres GM's inability to attract or sign a player isn't reflective of the talent available. They went the minimalist/cheap route with Montador who was nowhere near being the best defenseman available. So let's not confuse the point shall we :)

Lydman did elevate his game for the playoffs. Unfortunately it was elevated from a vary low starting point.

Do you think Burke will trade Kaberle to a division rival? I don't. He has other offers which may not be as good, but at least he won't have to face Kaberle 6x a year so he may take one of them.

After the trade Brian Burke made with Boston, I don't think that we should assume that Burke has any problem trading with division rivals.

I fully expect to be looking at the same team with the same flaws next season.

But they will have 1 more year of experience and maturity so it is really just like making a trade to improve the team. :rolleyes:

But they will have 1 more year of experience and maturity so it is really just like making a trade to improve the team. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until Roy and Stafford grow up, this team is going to be awsome, especially now that they've been joined by an actual smurf (Gerbe smurf) :wallbash:

There was a Darcy sighting this morning, talking with Burke.

Then, he was talking with Tallon.

Then, (and I still don't believe this one) he was spotted talking to the kids playing roller blade hockey across the street.

You think he was scouting?

There was a Darcy sighting this morning, talking with Burke.

Then, he was talking with Tallon.

Then, (and I still don't believe this one) he was spotted talking to the kids playing roller blade hockey across the street.

You think he was scouting?

I don't know...haven't heard any rumors about that one, but the goalie with the magazines wrapped around his shins looked pretty good from all accounts.

Back to the Sabres' D...I have nothing but kudos for Montador's performance this season. I expected little and was very surprised on many occasions. He's a keeper IMO.

Regarding Tallinder & Lydman, I seem to recall Lydman making many obvious gaffes and giveaways. Not so much Tallinder, so I would go the other way to many who would prefer to keep Lydman.

Just had to vent a little is all, but I meant every word.

I cannot wait for this guy to be gone.

Unfortunately he is here until he decides to leave. No member of Status Quo is getting fired. They are in far too much love with themselves for that to ever happen.

To understand Darcy is to understand the nature of Golisano's organization. Their stated goal is to win the Cup, of course.

Their actual goal is to make money by putting people in the seats. Remember Eddie Shack? We didn't trade for him so that we could win the Cup. We traded for him because he is The Entertainer. And entertain he certainly did...I loved watching him. There was a change in focus after the popularity of the Sabres was established in Buffalo, which is why we traded The Entertainer for Robert (a truly one-sided trade if there ever was one). But that dream died in 1975.

Fast forward to today.

Golisano is a business man first and a hockey man twentieth. He is focused on the bottom line. To me (and I've been saying this until I'm blue in the face) that was the reason they let a blue chipper like Kulikov go last year and grabbed Zack "The Thug" Kassian. Just like with Shack, entertainment value. Everyone likes to watch a fight.

It reminds me a bit of the Roman Empire. When they were in hard economic times the authorities decided to spend what limited money they had on entertainment for the coliseum rather than on bread. If you feed them, they'll just be hungry again. But if you entertain them, they'll be satisfied for weeks. I've already compared this practice to the Bills' acquisition of T.O. in another post. Again, purely for entertainment, not results.

Darcy is an extension of this policy. It is only when the audience is assured can the venture out and pick up a serious player. They did this when they had Briere & Drury. But after losing them both due to Quinn's Neanderthal policies, they went back to massaging the fan base, which had turned against them. BTW Myers was part of that too - a 6'6" d-man? What an attraction! Fortunately for us he also turned out to be a damned good player to boot.

So you can blame Darcy if you want...he's hardly the go-getter like the leadership in Boston, Philly or Chicago, but he's just the guy Golisano wants.

Unfortunately he is here until he decides to leave. No member of Status Quo is getting fired. They are in far too much love with themselves for that to ever happen.

To understand Darcy is to understand the nature of Golisano's organization. Their stated goal is to win the Cup, of course.

Their actual goal is to make money by putting people in the seats. Remember Eddie Shack? We didn't trade for him so that we could win the Cup. We traded for him because he is The Entertainer. And entertain he certainly did...I loved watching him. There was a change in focus after the popularity of the Sabres was established in Buffalo, which is why we traded The Entertainer for Robert (a truly one-sided trade if there ever was one). But that dream died in 1975.

Fast forward to today.

Golisano is a business man first and a hockey man twentieth. He is focused on the bottom line. To me (and I've been saying this until I'm blue in the face) that was the reason they let a blue chipper like Kulikov go last year and grabbed Zack "The Thug" Kassian. Just like with Shack, entertainment value. Everyone likes to watch a fight.

It reminds me a bit of the Roman Empire. When they were in hard economic times the authorities decided to spend what limited money they had on entertainment for the coliseum rather than on bread. If you feed them, they'll just be hungry again. But if you entertain them, they'll be satisfied for weeks. I've already compared this practice to the Bills' acquisition of T.O. in another post. Again, purely for entertainment, not results.

Darcy is an extension of this policy. It is only when the audience is assured can the venture out and pick up a serious player. They did this when they had Briere & Drury. But after losing them both due to Quinn's Neanderthal policies, they went back to massaging the fan base, which had turned against them. BTW Myers was part of that too - a 6'6" d-man? What an attraction! Fortunately for us he also turned out to be a damned good player to boot.

So you can blame Darcy if you want...he's hardly the go-getter like the leadership in Boston, Philly or Chicago, but he's just the guy Golisano wants.

HURRAYYYY!!!!!

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap :worthy: clap

Well, this is a bunch of incoherent, hysterical psychobabble.

Well, this is a bunch of incoherent, hysterical psychobabble.

I'll lay claim to the hysterical, but certainly it couldn't have been incoherent. As for the psychobabble, I'll leave that to my Hockey Anger Management Therapist. :rolleyes:

Yeah, nothing screams entertainment like Adam Mair.

He hit Chris Neil with his own helmet, how is that not entertaining?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bDhJhei0c

Then there was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqzOtW4zpBc

OK,

actually was entertaining.

And who could forget this?

Though, I may be biased. :thumbsup:

Let us not forget what the problem with the pp was last year? The guy on the radio let it leave town over the course of the past two seasons. When you have to rely on a rookie defenseman to get the puck to the net your pp is doomed.

Archived