Lindy is flat out embarrassing himself

PASabreFan

2010 FA List

Here is the list for next year .... if we dont pick up anybody from this discustingly huge list of UFA's ...then i give up on this team

Not only does Regier "not believe in the economics behind the free agent market", but its going to be damn near impossible to sign any FA's after we deal with our own.

The only option i see the sabres having, that would give us any clearance in FA market, would be letting both Toni and Hank walk. Now if this is done, we would have to sign a D man. My eye is on Anton Volchenkov. I have no idea how much he is going to make, but i like what he could possibily bring to the team.

He only played 64 games this year, with 4 goals and 10 assists for 14 points. He was a plus 2. I think the most he could make is 3.5 mil.

I would love for Darcy to make a "splash" move. Using both Toni and Hank's salary to bring in a top 2 Dman. Someone who would solidify the blueline.

Also at this point i would put Shakira on waivers if no one wants him in a trade. Worthless. Its Marc's time to step up next year.

Then the D would look something like this next season.

Myers - (New guy?)

Rivet - Gragnani

Butler - Montador

Myers and the stud Dman would take up 24 to 20 minutes a game.

Yep - a third-grader can work really hard on a fifth-grade math problem, but he just doesn't have the ability to solve it. Working hard only gets you tired - you need to have the skills to put together a champ. After 13 years, I think it is safe to say Darcy just doesn't have the chops.

I used to be DRIVING this very bandwagon...but Ennis, Myers, and Kennedy are literally carrying this team right now, and that, to me, means that Darcy's ability to pick the right players is VASTLY improving. Now all he has to do is get rid of some of his picks from a few years ago, while we (most likely) watch Kassian and Adam crack the lineup next season, and my one-eighty towards Darcy will be complete. He could also do well to SERIOUSLY consider getting rid of Lindy Ruff, for pretty much all the reasons given by PA, while he's at it.

Myers - (New guy?)

Rivet - Gragnani

Butler - Montador

Myers and the stud Dman would take up 24 to 20 minutes a game.

I don't know who the new guy is(Weber?), but I would bet money that you are not making the playoffs with that blueline group.

You have a career AHL dman(Gragnani) who is probably better suited to forward even at that level of hockey, a guy who needs to be bought out(old & slow Rivet) and another guy(Butler) who was so bad most of the year, that Lindy finally benched him come playoff time.

They need to re-sign Lydman and somehow form a group around him, Myers, Montador and Weber. I have no idea who the other 3 should be, but more than likely, we will be fed at least one more year of Sekera and Butler, like it or not.

[edited]Dmen like Hannan and Finger got bigger contracts than what you are suggesting for Volchenkov. He is going to get more in the range of 4 to 5 mil

Not sure what the "correct" response to Hamilton's question would've been ...

Besides, I'm not sure Lindy's primary goal at that podium (in the middle of a playoff series) is to provide his most forthcoming, truthful assessment of what's happening.

I think Lindy has made some odd moves during this series, but if there is any "embarrassment" here to assign, Connolly has to be first in line.

But ... as grim as it's looking ... it's still not too late for him to turn it around.

My biggest complaint for the last three times we have been in the playoffs is "WHERE IS THE POWERPLAY!!!!"

I think if Lindy sticks around this offseason the powerplay has to be addressed along with the sagging "core players"

earth to scotty. the pp has been gone for a full season now.It left in the last two off seasons.

Its time for Darcy and Lindy to go. Period. End of conversation.

And yes, A STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP is the measuring stick you would use for the success rate of any GM/Coach combonation. You don't play the game to come in 2nd or lower.

I've said it over and over, 12 years is way to long for these two clowns. Time to go, bye bye now.

Its time for Darcy and Lindy to go. Period. End of conversation.

And yes, A STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP is the measuring stick you would use for the success rate of any GM/Coach combonation. You don't play the game to come in 2nd or lower.

I've said it over and over, 12 years is way to long for these two clowns. Time to go, bye bye now.

Yes. I actually like Lindy and think that he will probably go somewhere else and win a cup, but it's just not happening here. Time to move on.

Change is needed, but I'd rather change the roster than let Lindy go. If Tallinder and Lydman leave, which is the most likely outcome, there will be some available cash to bring in a good forward. Unloading Pommer would also free up a big chunk of cash, but I don't think there will be many takers given his contract.

Change is needed, but I'd rather change the roster than let Lindy go. If Tallinder and Lydman leave, which is the most likely outcome, there will be some available cash to bring in a good forward. Unloading Pommer would also free up a big chunk of cash, but I don't think there will be many takers given his contract.

Thats funny, cause I know Pommers isn't the problem. He has been a player that has played full seasons, proven his durability and even puts up 60 to 70 points a season. Sounds like a 2nd line RWer to me. Now, if he had a center and LWer worth a dam to play with on a "consistant" basis, his numbers may go even higher. Sorry, but I never was high on Connolly, he just doesn't have it and I've been screaming this for a while now. Hecht, although a decent 2 way player, by no means is a 2nd line LWer, more like a 3rd line LWer. I would like to see a RWer for Vanek-Roy and a Center and LWer for Pomminstein. Maybe Ennis is the LWer he needs, just missing a stout, stud, scoring center then.

I definitely want to see Stafford, Grier, Mair, Lydman, Tallinder and Butler gone. Its time.

Thats funny, cause I know Pommers isn't the problem. He has been a player that has played full seasons, proven his durability and even puts up 60 to 70 points a season. Sounds like a 2nd line RWer to me. Now, if he had a center and LWer worth a dam to play with on a "consistant" basis, his numbers may go even higher. Sorry, but I never was high on Connolly, he just doesn't have it and I've been screaming this for a while now. Hecht, although a decent 2 way player, by no means is a 2nd line LWer, more like a 3rd line LWer. I would like to see a RWer for Vanek-Roy and a Center and LWer for Pomminstein. Maybe Ennis is the LWer he needs, just missing a stout, stud, scoring center then.

I definitely want to see Stafford, Grier, Mair, Lydman, Tallinder and Butler gone. Its time.

I don't think Pommer is the problem with this team. His problem is that he's way overpaid. He's a solid 2-way 2nd-line RW. He's not a difference-maker, a leader or a clutch player. He's worth about $2.5MM, maybe $3MM. If a guy like that makes $5.3MM, it's a waste of $2.5MM that, along with, say, the $1.5MM or so that Hecht is being overpaid and TC's $4.5MM or Roy's $4MM, could be used for a legit #1 center. That is what this team desperately needs and has needed since Black Sunday. Bottom line is that DR's decisions on the scorers -- ie the expensive players -- have not panned out, and this is why the Sabres are about to get bounced.

As for the guys you'd like to dump: I completely disagree about Grier. He's been the Sabres' best forward in the playoffs, and by more than a little. I think Tallinder and Lydman will be gone as FAs, which I am fine with, although I'd be happy with either coming back at a cheap deal. I think Butler, like a lot of young defensemen, struggled this year, but it's too early to give up on him, although if we were to package him in a trade for a good player I'd be fine with it. Same goes for Stafford. Mair is an inexpensive fringe player who if he leaves will likely be replaced by a similar player.

Change occurs every year. Regier said this season he has turned over the roster completely in the last 4-5 years. He was deceiving people, but apparently, technically, in the world of hockey management, it's true.

Ya know, you can also change the players by changing the coach.

Change occurs every year. Regier said this season he has turned over the roster completely in the last 4-5 years. He was deceiving people, but apparently, technically, in the world of hockey management, it's true.

Ya know, you can also change the players by changing the coach.

The bolded statement is nonsense.

The part about changing the players by changing the coach is true, but we should remember that this change can be either positive or negative.

The bolded statement is nonsense.

The part about changing the players by changing the coach is true, but we should remember that this change can be either positive or negative.

It is nonsense, but he did say it.

It is nonsense, but he did say it.

I heard the interview. He was asked about why the Sabres generally don't make as many moves as some other teams do at the deadline. His response was that his roster turned over 4-5 players per year, so in that sense the entire roster turns over every 4-5 years or so. He also said that obviously every player didn't turn over and that there is an effort to identify a core and build around it. There was no intent to "deceive." Anyone with half a brain understood him.

Thought it deserved its own thread. :)

Seriously, he stormed out of the presser after Paul Hamilton said the Sabres blew a two-goal lead. Not really a controversial statement. "We didn't blow it. I just explained what happened." Uh, no, you didn't.

Then he brought up Recchi's hit on Kennedy. How did it possibly relate to Kaleta boarding Lucic? He thought if Kaleta's hit was a penalty, Recchi's should have been? What? Boarding?

After publicly giving up on his power play the other day, hopefully people are starting to see the truth here.

Hamilton's mustache is sniffing around now, that's for sure. Because once you take him on, he'll destroy you.

I think what Lindy was referring to was that Recchi's hit was not a penalty, but actually a very good bodycheck. His point was, so was Kaleta's hit. Lindy was saying that neither hit should have been a penalty. Clearly we can all agree on that, can't we?

I used to be DRIVING this very bandwagon...but Ennis, Myers, and Kennedy are literally carrying this team right now, and that, to me, means that Darcy's ability to pick the right players is VASTLY improving. Now all he has to do is get rid of some of his picks from a few years ago, while we (most likely) watch Kassian and Adam crack the lineup next season, and my one-eighty towards Darcy will be complete. He could also do well to SERIOUSLY consider getting rid of Lindy Ruff, for pretty much all the reasons given by PA, while he's at it.

Darcy never 'picked' Myers, the video scouts did. He said that when they drafted him.

Not sure what the "correct" response to Hamilton's question would've been ...

Besides, I'm not sure Lindy's primary goal at that podium (in the middle of a playoff series) is to provide his most forthcoming, truthful assessment of what's happening.

I think Lindy has made some odd moves during this series, but if there is any "embarrassment" here to assign, Connolly has to be first in line.

But ... as grim as it's looking ... it's still not too late for him to turn it around.

Connolly's foot is really holding him back. You can tell. Watch him as he's skating. His body moves forward but his feet won't keep up. I saw at least three times in the last game he wanted to go but he couldn't and ended up falling forward. IMO Gerbe should've played last game not Connolly.

I heard the interview. He was asked about why the Sabres generally don't make as many moves as some other teams do at the deadline. His response was that his roster turned over 4-5 players per year, so in that sense the entire roster turns over every 4-5 years or so. He also said that obviously every player didn't turn over and that there is an effort to identify a core and build around it. There was no intent to "deceive." Anyone with half a brain understood him.

There are 20 students in my class. I bang one student 20 times.

I Banged the entire class.

See you in 200 years to life!

I don't think Pommer is the problem with this team. His problem is that he's way overpaid. He's a solid 2-way 2nd-line RW. He's not a difference-maker, a leader or a clutch player. He's worth about $2.5MM, maybe $3MM. If a guy like that makes $5.3MM, it's a waste of $2.5MM that, along with, say, the $1.5MM or so that Hecht is being overpaid and TC's $4.5MM or Roy's $4MM, could be used for a legit #1 center. That is what this team desperately needs and has needed since Black Sunday. Bottom line is that DR's decisions on the scorers -- ie the expensive players -- have not panned out, and this is why the Sabres are about to get bounced.

While I agree that Pominville is overpaid, a solid two way player who can net between 60-70 points a year is worth more than 3 mil per season. If I had to make a decision on who stays and who goes in the FAB 5 and knowing they all can't go, I would trade Stafford and Roy in the offseason, keep Connolly for one more year and trade him at the deadline or let him walk, and then try to find some new scoring line players to go along with Vanek and Pominville.

Archived