Lindy is flat out embarrassing himself

PASabreFan

So the players take no responsibility for their play? I don't think Connolly or Stafford would be any better anywhere else in the league. I rate Roy and Pommers a lot higher, they usually come to play, are they always effective thats another story.

But that's the thing, I don't think they do. Now Stafford I might have to leave off that list because he's been sat out PLENTY of times. And he pretty much always comes back better for it. The other three??? Never. And they've deserved it a whole lot. Ask Vanek what it's like to have been in Lindy's doghouse and how much better of a player he is for it. Roy, Poms, Connolly, all of them could use a jolt of humility and accountability. And I'll still say this even if we miraculously win this series and those three score 15 goals in the process. They're immature. And I blame Lindy's coaching style for it.

I could live with a change in one of his assistant coaches. The power play hasn't been the same since Scott Arniel left our bench.

AMEN!!!

And yeah, scream, a Nolan/Ruff hybrid, although maybe not physically appealing, could be effective behind the bench. ;)

AMEN!!!

And yeah, scream, a Nolan/Ruff hybrid, although maybe not physically appealing, could be effective behind the bench. ;)

Yeesh - that's not a picture I'm likely to get out of my head anytime soon.

I appreciate the back-and-forth, but did you guys really have to carry this on during an elimination game?

Pay attention!

Sorry - being on the west coast, I'm at work when the game's on, so I have to listen to the radio stream. If I'm not doing SOMETHING while listening to RJ, my nerves will be shot.

Sorry - being on the west coast, I'm at work when the game's on, so I have to listen to the radio stream. If I'm not doing SOMETHING while listening to RJ, my nerves will be shot.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time, as well. Wanna see?

Actually -- whatever you did, it obviously worked, so please resume on Monday night!

Change is needed, but I'd rather change the roster than let Lindy go. If Tallinder and Lydman leave, which is the most likely outcome, there will be some available cash to bring in a good forward. Unloading Pommer would also free up a big chunk of cash, but I don't think there will be many takers given his contract.

Exactly, Over the last 12 seasons, how much has the roster varied? When he had some actual NHL talent, they went to the conference final and almost made it to the cup (and more then likely won it) if it was for the injury bug in the Carolina series. The first change has to happen in the GM position, and get someone in there who is willing to shake up the roster and actually look for talent instead of just letting it walk and trying to replace it with guys that "Will get better as they grow".

I ask yet again to all that are calling for Lindys head, Who do you take that is a step up from Ruff?

That's just a dumb question. Forget the fact that other names ARE being mentioned, Ted Nolan, Randy Cunneyworth, Kecin Dineen, etc., it isn't a fair question because OBVIOUSLY we don't know how they will do before they get here. Don't keep letting that fact make you guys feel all smart. The criteria a GM uses for firing a coach is NEVER how he thinks a certain new guy will do. Ask them. They'll tell you. It's all about, how long have we given the CURRENT guy and do we feel that THEY are doing the job well enough to stay.

You don't think that, for every single coach firing in world history, there have been people legitimately placing the blame on the players or the GM or the owner or some other factors???? Seriously? There are ALWAYS legitimate reasons that it wasn't the coach's FAULT the team never made it over the hump. But after the number of seasons the Sabres have had Lindy Ruff at the helm, without a championship, when we had Hasek, when we won the Prez, you name it, a smart GM has GOT to ask himself if he just has to make the decision to change the coach.

So stop asking questions that have no answer and basing your anger at the rest of us on your lack of logic in the situation. Seriously, it's annoying as ######.

That's just a dumb question. Forget the fact that other names ARE being mentioned, Ted Nolan, Randy Cunneyworth, Kecin Dineen, etc., it isn't a fair question because OBVIOUSLY we don't know how they will do before they get here. Don't keep letting that fact make you guys feel all smart. The criteria a GM uses for firing a coach is NEVER how he thinks a certain new guy will do. Ask them. They'll tell you. It's all about, how long have we given the CURRENT guy and do we feel that THEY are doing the job well enough to stay.

You don't think that, for every single coach firing in world history, there have been people legitimately placing the blame on the players or the GM or the owner or some other factors???? Seriously? There are ALWAYS legitimate reasons that it wasn't the coach's FAULT the team never made it over the hump. But after the number of seasons the Sabres have had Lindy Ruff at the helm, without a championship, when we had Hasek, when we won the Prez, you name it, a smart GM has GOT to ask himself if he just has to make the decision to change the coach.

So stop asking questions that have no answer and basing your anger at the rest of us on your lack of logic in the situation. Seriously, it's annoying as ######.

Glass houses? Stones? gimme a break........FInal thing I will say is that I would much rather have DR go and keep Ruff.

I think it would be better to pair Myers with Rivet... not only would it would leave room for Gragnani to improve playing next to this "top 2 Dman", but it would also improve rivet's play...

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Rivet might also stay put on the blueline if he was paired with Myers. Knowing he is with a partner that can get the offense moving might help him. Then he can sit back and focus on D. Also Myers would be a little more comfortable knowing Rivet is in position.

agreed

Archived