GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Just win this one and it's a best of 3 with 2 of them at home. I think 3 goals can get it done for us, but the problem right now is managing to get that many especially if Vanek is still out. He's still not ruled out of tonight's game, correct?

The Sabres need a hero tonight! Who's it going to be?

Guest Sloth

There have been people, including myself, that have pointed out a regular season game as A MUST WIN, even though the game didn't have a high level importance at the time. I'll admit I was wrong a few times during the regular season, but tonight's game is A MUST WIN. If the Sabres lose, series is virtually over, nuff said.

There have been people, including myself, that have pointed out a regular season game as A MUST WIN, even though the game didn't have a high level importance at the time. I'll admit I was wrong a few times during the regular season, but tonight's game is A MUST WIN. If the Sabres lose, series is virtually over, nuff said.

The winner of game three wins the series 70% of the time. So that is already going against us. Being down 3-1 probably drops that to 10%.

Find a way. Let's hope Boston doesn't feel that sense of urgency being up 2-1 and lets their guard down....

Well last game I was fairly optimistic so I'm going to try some reverse psychology and quote some lyrics from wgr's 06-07 cup run (sung to the tune of goo goo dolls - better days):

And you ask me what I want this year,

I need a team that has a second gear,

or some pain killers and whiskey,

So i can forget about games 1 - 3.

The power play,

no shots on goal,

and buffalo,

has lost control,

and tonights the night we think about the bills.

Go sabres <_<

I think the Sabres find a way tonight. I had the sabres in 7 and I'm sticking to it.

Good man.

This is stating the obvious, but to me this game is huge, not just for this series and this season, but for what it says about DR and LR. They've had enough time to put the pieces back together since Black Sunday. This is their team. If the best they can do is getting bounced in the first round by a team that was the #6 seed in a weak EC and that was dead last in the NHL in scoring, well, that isn't good enough.

OTOH, if the Sabres turn out to have the guts and mental toughness to make enough plays in crunch time to pull this series out -- then it's fair to say that DR's and LR's approach is working.

Go Sabres.

This is'nt must win,its must try hard,its must compete.What a load of crap.I usually respect what Lindy has to say but even he's talking like he knows its over.Even our leader is sounding like a loser.This is absolutely a must win game.If the sabres lose this one it is over.Lindy knows that as much as we do.We have to win this game and I BELIEVE we can.Then its back to Buffalo tied up at 2.I have my playoff beard and I have my rolaids.Lets get it done!

Call me crazy but i dont see this as a competitiveness issue. We always exaggerate when we lose and get over exactic over a playoff victory.

This is a tight series involving two teams that play strong D with great goaltending. Buffalo's advantage is offense, and their production has been awful, not only in goals but good scoring chances.

To those that say we need more size i say you arent paying close enough attention. We have small forwards but ummm so does boston, we have some big ones, and so do they.

Just win this one and it's a best of 3 with 2 of them at home. I think 3 goals can get it done for us, but the problem right now is managing to get that many especially if Vanek is still out. He's still not ruled out of tonight's game, correct?

The Sabres need a hero tonight! Who's it going to be?

Looks like he's still out:

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/04/20/1025710/sabres-notebook-vaneks-status.html

Now there's a shock. Didn't see that coming. ;-)

Yeah, I'm not surprised either... it's more surprising that Vanek and Ruff keep insisting he might play the next one! I can't see coming back from an ankle injury anywhere near that fast.

Tonight's game is about "The Core." If they can't show up tonight then it's time to start the discussion on rebuilding "The Core." Connolly, Pominville, Roy and Miller have to be the Sabres best players tonight.

+1

Good man.

This is stating the obvious, but to me this game is huge, not just for this series and this season, but for what it says about DR and LR. They've had enough time to put the pieces back together since Black Sunday. This is their team. If the best they can do is getting bounced in the first round by a team that was the #6 seed in a weak EC and that was dead last in the NHL in scoring, well, that isn't good enough.

OTOH, if the Sabres turn out to have the guts and mental toughness to make enough plays in crunch time to pull this series out -- then it's fair to say that DR's and LR's approach is working.

Go Sabres.

+1

Yep here we are truth or dare we have some rise to the occasion. If you have played hockey all your youth for a chance to get to the NHL and then per chance for a trip to the playoffs and a shot at Lord Stanley and do not leave it all out on the ice then you do not deserve the right to be there and I do not want you on my favorite team. Signed a life time Sabres Fan.

Post that one on the team board Lindy. :pirate:

It is going to come down to whether or not our forwards can create space to work in. They will need to pass intelligently and accurately to win. Alternatively, on D the Sabres will need to takeaway space. Too many rushes for the Sabres has been clogged and too many rushes for the Bruins have been open.

The Sabres will win tonight 3-2.

Versus is blacked out in Buffalo, again. I started DVR'n the last game on VS, only to tune in at 7:30 to start "my" game and find cage-fighting. Missed the first half of the 1st period.

Freakin SD. It sucks.

Listening to the interviews they still sound pretty confident, not nervous about winning the series. I'd say I'm on the fence and would like to see it go 7 games. Nice bruising hockey.

GO SABRES!

This is'nt must win,its must try hard,its must compete.What a load of crap.I usually respect what Lindy has to say but even he's talking like he knows its over.Even our leader is sounding like a loser.This is absolutely a must win game.If the sabres lose this one it is over.Lindy knows that as much as we do.We have to win this game and I BELIEVE we can.Then its back to Buffalo tied up at 2.I have my playoff beard and I have my rolaids.Lets get it done!

Yep that's a direct quote. "It's not a must win, it's a must play well, must compete hard."

Lindy is burned out. More and more every day I believe Kelley's story about Ruff moving on after this season.

Lindy said yesterday -- whether trying to throw off the Bruins or not -- that Vanek is going to have to get some practices under his belt before he plays. It's not like he's going to jump up on game day and go play.

Agreed - only posted a link because someone else asked if he was out for tonight. I don't know how Vanek can say he hasn't even skated yet but is hoping to play tonight... even if Lindy did let him out there, he probably wouldn't be effective and might end up making the injury worse.

Archived