GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Been up all night. Hoping the game tonight can take my mind off finding my friend although I know it won't or shouldn't or something.

Shut'em down Miller!

Just because you haven't heard from her yet doesn't mean anything has happened. I doubt there is much if any phone or internet service where she is right now. Also, it's likely that she was staying in one of the stronger-built buildings there.

It will be alright.

Wow it's finally here and going to be a good run of intense hockey here we go lets get it started. :beer:

Loved watching the Trash take out the Sens Tuesday but not tonight, No max, No Kovy, No Love. Tonight the Sabres take out the Trash.

Lets Go Buffalo...

Been up all night. Hoping the game tonight can take my mind off finding my friend although I know it won't or shouldn't or something.

Shut'em down Miller!

Just because you haven't heard from her yet doesn't mean anything has happened. I doubt there is much if any phone or internet service where she is right now. Also, it's likely that she was staying in one of the stronger-built buildings there.

It will be alright.

Wow spndnchz, do you have a friend in Haiti? Best of luck in reaching him/her.

Just keep optimistic and remember that communication is near impossible down there, even for those completely unaffected. No news isn't necessarily bad news.

Ellis out and Kaleta in.

He'll be playing on the 4th line with Mair and Goose.

Sweet.

We'll see who breaks the "wins when leading after 2 periods".

Atlanta is 18-0-0 and Sabres are 10-0-1

Connolly needs one more goal to hit 100 carer NHL goals.

Now that Chz' friend is safe -- back to our regularly scheduled programming.

If we want the Sabres to get 10 pts on this road trip, this game is...wait for it...one that would be awfully nice to put in the bank.

If they can bank wins against Atlanta and the Islanders, then they only need 3 out of 5 against the very tough lineup of WC teams that follows.

I'd like to see:

- Miller looking sharp

- Vanek continuing to heat up after a very sweet goal that counted and another one in the shootout vs Colorado

- Kaleta back 100%

- The Connolly-Pommer-Hecht continuing to look like a reasonably decent top line

- Improved offensive flow due to the 5-man units we've heard about this week

- Solid D from Butler and Lydman

- The Sabres not lose to a mediocre Thrashers team in front of 6000 Sabres fans, 3000 Atlanta fans and 9000 empty seats.

Ellis out and Kaleta in.

Sweet.

Atlanta is 18-0-0 and Sabres are 10-0-1

That can't be right. Didn't the Sabres just beat Atlanta on 1/1 when they were leading after two?

Ellis out and Kaleta in.

Sweet.

Atlanta is 18-0-0 10-0-1 and Sabres are 10-0-1 18-0-0.

Fixed it.

Glad your friend is ok.

It's a little off topic, but over the last two seasons, Derek Roy scored more points than Drury ever got as a Sabre, even during the '05-'07 juggernaut. Yet somehow he is not seen as a #1 center. My hope for this seven game stretch is that he somehow changes peoples minds on that. Not mine, it's already made up.

It's a little off topic, but over the last two seasons, Derek Roy scored more points than Drury ever got as a Sabre, even during the '05-'07 juggernaut. Yet somehow he is not seen as a #1 center. My hope for this seven game stretch is that he somehow changes peoples minds on that. Not mine, it's already made up.

but he's a locker room cancer.

During that time Drury, lets not forget, was dead last in the league in sausage grabbing though.

During that time Drury, lets not forget, was dead last in the league in sausage grabbing though.

Brings a whole new meaning to Captain Clutch.

To be fair, Roy didn't do the grabbing. It was his sausage.

You folks have got to let that go. Time to move on...

Archived