GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

As big as some of the wins the Sabres have had this season last night was a big loss. To lose to a team as shorthanded as the Sens were is inexcusable.

Outshot 19-1 in the first. 40-22 for the game. A real myth buster for those banging the "team defense has greatly improved" drum.

Tonight is a excuse game. Roy is out. Second of back to back games with travel. The only thing that could put the Sabres further behind the eight ball would be to start Lalime.

And maybe the turkey carcass in my fridge turned into prime rib overnight. Let me go check...

Priceless!!! :w00t:

I see this game as a team gets off the hook game. Lots of shots with 5 going in. Of course now fans will love them again. :wallbash:

As big as some of the wins the Sabres have had this season last night was a big loss. To lose to a team as shorthanded as the Sens were is inexcusable.

Outshot 19-1 in the first. 40-22 for the game. A real myth buster for those banging the "team defense has greatly improved" drum.

Tonight is a excuse game. Roy is out. Second of back to back games with travel. The only thing that could put the Sabres further behind the eight ball would be to start Lalime.

I think our team's defense is better than last year. I really do. It's our team defense that is exactly the same as it has been since the lockout. And it only worked in those first 2 years (and not in the playoffs).

Oh, and the Sabres win big tonight.

Well after last night's holiday on ice exhibition I am interested to see if they are at least back to work yet. The

Blues are not and will not be an easy out for us. Curious if we will see Miller again or if it's Lalimes turn.

Time to see if this team is interested in preventing a losing slide....

Well after last night's holiday on ice exhibition I am interested to see if they are at least back to work yet. The

Blues are not and will not be an easy out for us. Curious if we will see Miller again or if it's Lalimes turn.

Time to see if this team is interested in preventing a losing slide....

I bet it's Miller.

or maybe with Roy out, Vanek and Pominville will shoulder more of the O burden and get clicking...

I wouldn't count on it, Vanek is a bigger head case than Miller. I have seen the guy, no lie, start yelling at himself after missing a shot in warm ups. After missing that penalty shot last night I bet he'll be in a slump. I'd love to be wrong but everything I've seen so far points in the opposite direction.

I wouldn't count on it, Vanek is a bigger head case than Miller. I have seen the guy, no lie, start yelling at himself after missing a shot in warm ups. After missing that penalty shot last night I bet he'll be in a slump. I'd love to be wrong but everything I've seen so far points in the opposite direction.

I've really noticed Vanek muttering to himself more this year. I wonder why Tom can't lighten up?

On short rest? I hope Ruff lets Lalime have this one; they need Miller fresh for Pittsburgh.

I think Ruff will want to nip four losses in six games in the bud. I also think Miller has been slipping a tiny bit. With the bad taste of that shootout in his mouth, he might ask Ruff for the game. Total speculation!

I think Ruff will want to nip four losses in games in the bud. I also think Miller has been slipping a tiny bit. With the bad taste of that shootout in his mouth, he might ask Ruff for the game. Total speculation!

That's what I was thinking as well, hmmm :rolleyes: I have a color in mind and it's ....

Is Roy being replaced with Paetsch? Don't want OSP to run up travel expenses by flying Ennis in from Portland. On a team that is offensively challenged, you can't replace your leading scorer with a grinder.

:D Hey come-on you know the real excuse is because all the holiday travel has all taken all available seats..

I've really noticed Vanek muttering to himself more this year. I wonder why Tom can't lighten up?

I'm going to speculate totally on this, but maybe he feels he can't under Ruff. It's been documented on this board that it seems that Ruff and Vanek don't see eye to eye on ice time and the situations he's put in. Ruff plays favorites and it seems that Ruff's use of Vanek can be streaky depending on how he feels he's playing or how much effort he's putting in. That wouldn't do a lot for my confidence, especially seeing Ruff's comfort blankets Hecht and Pominville playing key situations.

I'm going to speculate totally on this, but maybe he feels he can't under Ruff. It's been documented on this board that it seems that Ruff and Vanek don't see eye to eye on ice time and the situations he's put in. Ruff plays favorites and it seems that Ruff's use of Vanek can be streaky depending on how he feels he's playing or how much effort he's putting in. That wouldn't do a lot for my confidence, especially seeing Ruff's comfort blankets Hecht and Pominville playing key situations.

Speaking of Hecht...I really thought he started well this year, while not scoring a lot (or at all, in some situations) he was still playing very solid hockey. The last couple of weeks though, he just looks lost. Turnovers, bad decisions, etc...they have all plagued him severely. Hopefully, for his and our sake, he can turn it around.

Lalime getting the start as per RJ. Kaleta and Butler back in and Stafford a healthy scratch. No further word on Roy's injury.

I like LaLime here. A lot of shots for Miller last night, fresh for Pitt. I'm also good with Stafford sitting, he's atrocious lately.

This is gonna be very difficult.

I have been watching Blues' games lately and they have been playing really well. Oshie particularly is very good. Conklin's gonna be starting and when I saw him in Detroit, I couldn't even believe that was the same goaltender from last season :) He was very good.

anyways,I hope we win after yesterday's frustration.

Archived