GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

I should have been more specific. I'd like someone besides Rivet to stick up for his team mates.

d4rk, I've noticed that a little bit this year, too. I'm not an "eye for an eye" fan, but there have been times where Gaustad, Mair, maybe even Ellis could have dropped the gloves.

You know who actually isn't averse to giving a shove and seeing if someone wants to really start after he sees a teammate bothered? Vanek. Another thing I like about the guy. I just hope he recovers the touch.

While the NHL has critieria for measuring these statistics, it's still subjective & varies from barn to barn.

My point exactly - thank you so much! The inconsistency is the lack of quality control and a black eye on taking the sport to the next level - pure competition - something the Sabres have a headstart with!

As has been typical of many of your posts on this forum, you have missed the point yet again.

I want some fire and emotion, some stick up for each other. Not Slap Shot in real life.

Generalizing a little bit today? I am NOT missing the point - in any of the posts!

I don't mince words!!! Be more specific in your analysis or don't make blanket statements

dismissing points or suggesting the lack of it!

The goons around the NHL (and in the Niagara frontier) would want nothing less than the Sabres to revert to their level. I say Sabres - stay the course - improve on your already accomplished /existing skill set. It is the only path to SC!

I am all for sticking up for your teammates but retaliation doesn't work!

Earlier in the year Kaleta was more reserved in that regard and he was much more effective.

It's a fine line. Can you walk it?

Great goal, but you've got to hope that any forward on the team would have scored that one.

Connolly had a good game tonight (he probably couldn't drink on the plane last night), but I'm still ready to see him go. I really am.

I didn't get to see the whole game so I just saw that play for the first time. I'm no fan of Connolly, but that was a great move and I'm sure that most of our forwards would not have scored there.

d4rk, I've noticed that a little bit this year, too. I'm not an "eye for an eye" fan, but there have been times where Gaustad, Mair, maybe even Ellis could have dropped the gloves.

You know who actually isn't averse to giving a shove and seeing if someone wants to really start after he sees a teammate bothered? Vanek. Another thing I like about the guy. I just hope he recovers the touch.

I agree. I've actually liked seeing Vanek have a bit of a temper this year. Be it frustration with not being able to score, or something else, I like his fire.

I don't exactly want brawls, but I want to see more yapping and facewashing. I want to see Stafford and Pominville pushing in front of the net. If Mike Peca and Miro Satan were willing to get a little rough, why aren't these guys? Too good for that? Don't wanna break a nail or get a little bloody nose?

Generalizing a little bit today? I am NOT missing the point - in any of the posts!

I don't mince words!!! Be more specific in your analysis or don't make blanket statements

dismissing points or suggesting the lack of it!

The goons around the NHL (and in the Niagara frontier) would want nothing less than the Sabres to revert to their level. I say Sabres - stay the course - improve on your already accomplished /existing skill set. It is the only path to SC!

I am all for sticking up for your teammates but retaliation doesn't work!

Earlier in the year Kaleta was more reserved in that regard and he was much more effective.

It's a fine line. Can you walk it?

The maybe you shouldn't come back with blanket statements either. If you want more, ask for more. I'm growing tired of your smug attitude and snarky one-liners.

I didn't get to see the whole game so I just saw that play for the first time. I'm no fan of Connolly, but that was a great move and I'm sure that most of our forwards would not have scored there.

I agree.

I don't exactly want brawls, but I want to see more yapping and facewashing. I want to see Stafford and Pominville pushing in front of the net. If Mike Peca and Miro Satan were willing to get a little rough, why aren't these guys? Too good for that? Don't wanna break a nail or get a little bloody nose?

?? Peca, yes, but NFW on Miro.

8. Still in first place on 28 December. There isn't a person on this board, including the most optimistic of us, that could have seen that coming. We have to be THE most miserable first place fans in all of sports. Our team is first place. It's a mirage. Fire the coach. The GM is stuck in the past. The Owner is cheap. The lines suck. Certain D men are terrible.. The ice in Buffalo is awful. The tickets are priced too high.. No Europeans will play for the Tsar.. The goalie is elite but only doing it for a chance to start in the Olympics.. The coach can't handle the back up goalies..They have the worst top six forwards in the league.. They have paid too much for the players on the roster.. that's a sampling.

The rest of the division sucks.

Archived