GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

As big as some of the wins the Sabres have had this season last night was a big loss. To lose to a team as shorthanded as the Sens were is inexcusable.

Outshot 19-1 in the first. 40-22 for the game. A real myth buster for those banging the "team defense has greatly improved" drum.

Tonight is a excuse game. Roy is out. Second of back to back games with travel. The only thing that could put the Sabres further behind the eight ball would be to start Lalime.

Its amazing how wrong you always are

20-6 were the faceoff stats.

Not that it makes it any prettier.

Thanks for the correction. Makes me feel a little better, but I still haven't seen a statement performance in a little while. In the next couple weeks they do get 2 different two days in succession without a game, so hopefully with a little practice, they can work on the things that make them a more solid team like earlier in the year - and get completely healthy.

Game thoughts...

- Good to see the Sabres score some goals. I thought with the loss of Roy and the benching of Stafford that this had a 1 goal effort written all over it.

- Grier and Kennedy...both very good efforts again.

- Butler and Rivet picked up right where they left off before Butler got hurt...they were on the ice for all 3 Blues goals. Sekera deserves better than to be nailed to the bench in favor of Butler.

- Even though Lalime whiffed on the 2nd goal, it is good to see him get another win.

- Only if Connolly could be even close to consistent. :rolleyes:

- Go home and rest up for the Penguins.

GO SABRES!!!!

Game thoughts...

- Good to see the Sabres score some goals. I thought with the loss of Roy and the benching of Stafford that this had a 1 goal effort written all over it.

- Grier and Kennedy...both very good efforts again.

- Butler and Rivet picked up right where they left off before Butler got hurt...they were on the ice for all 3 Blues goals. Sekera deserves better than to be nailed to the bench in favor of Butler.

- Even though Lalime whiffed on the 2nd goal, it is good to see him get another win.

- Only if Connolly could be even close to consistent. :rolleyes:

- Go home and rest up for the Penguins.

GO SABRES!!!!

Motion Seconded. Here, here. All in favor say Yay, all not in favor say nay.

That might have been my favorite sequence of the season.

Don't goalies have backup masks?

We were wondering the same thing about the mask. RJ said Miller was motioning for his equipment then waved it away when Lalime's mask was fixed. Maybe he was motioning for Lalime's spare mask though...

You'd think they would have more than one with them on the road?

We were wondering the same thing about the mask. RJ said Miller was motioning for his equipment then waved it away when Lalime's mask was fixed. Maybe he was motioning for Lalime's spare mask though...

You'd think they would have more than one with them on the road?

So was that true, if Lalime's mask couldn't be fixed then Miller would have to step in? I mean, they do have spare masks right? And if not, could Lalime have used Miller's? I don't think I've seen a situation like that yet.

Roy for either Dustin Brown or Alexander Frolov...the latest from everyone's favorite "source". Soemthing to read for entertainment if you're bored. Just like watching wrestling when we were kids - we know it's fake.

Did Eklund dream this up because Roy is not playing BECAUSE HE'S HURT? Dustin Brown is the face of their franchise. The only way they move him is if Vanek+ are involved. Even then, I doubt they make the move.

On pace for a 108 point season...I'll take it!

After starting 8-1-1, they've gotten 33 points in 28 games. If you extend that pace out, they'll finish with 101 points. Still pretty good, but a better (in my opinion, of course) estimate of the real pace that they've been on. The interesting thing is that "five hundred hockey" for the rest of the season would put them at 94 points.

A win ... not particularly ugly, nor particularly pretty, but a win none the less.

Tim Connolly: 5G, 9A in his last 22GP ... including two 2G/2A games. :blink:

4G, 8P in those two games, 1G, 6P in the remaining 20. That's just plain weird.

MSG had the wrong numbers for Connolly. He had two goals and one assist tonight.

When TC scored that shorty I yelled out loud "Holy F*cking Sh!t!!" and woke my wife up upstairs. Sorry babe! :bag:

I'm with PA, that was the nicest play of the year so far.

I agree. Several great plays made there. Myers recoveryg was phenomenal and Grier had great wherewithal to peel back and hit Connolly in stride. I also enjoyed the fact that Connolly actually came off the bench on that play (The forward pair was Grier and Gaustad). Timmy seems to have gotten his speed back as he joined the play from the bench in a hurry.

Did Eklund dream this up because Roy is not playing BECAUSE HE'S HURT? Dustin Brown is the face of their franchise. The only way they move him is if Vanek+ are involved. Even then, I doubt they make the move.

Kopitar is now the face of the Kings. Frolov and Brown are both defensive liabilities, They can keep them.

Archived