GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The good guys have a tough 5 game stretch over the next two weekends, starting with today. Philly twice, Boston, Edmonton, Calgary.

If we can come away with 6 or more out of those 10 points, I'll be beyond pleased. Let's get it rolling tonight!

Don't settle for mediocrity. 10 out of 10! :D

Like the Detroit and Jersey games this is another test of where this team is and where they may be going. They don't necessarily have to come away with two points for this game to be a positive indicator. The young talented defensemen, Butler and Myers, will be tested. As will this teams "grit" and "veteran leadership." They Flyers are billed as the tougher team with more talent upfront than the Sabres. The Sabres should have a huge edge in goal. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers physical play will cause the Sabres to stray from "the system" and play without patience.

Totally agree.

I think the "test" is whether they have finally bought into the system. It seems when they play the system, they give each individual a chance to step up and become the hero for the night. IMHO, tonight's game will set the tone for the rest of the season.

Like the Detroit and Jersey games this is another test of where this team is and where they may be going. They don't necessarily have to come away with two points for this game to be a positive indicator. The young talented defensemen, Butler and Myers, will be tested. As will this teams "grit" and "veteran leadership." They Flyers are billed as the tougher team with more talent upfront than the Sabres. The Sabres should have a huge edge in goal. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers physical play will cause the Sabres to stray from "the system" and play without patience.

+1 for this.

I hope they win and with a solid effort they will have a chance. However, the Flyers are a very good team (at least, outside the net), so any victory will be tough. Definitely not a "should win" game, but it will help show whether this team is for real or not.

+1 for this.

I hope they win and with a solid effort they will have a chance. However, the Flyers are a very good team (at least, outside the net), so any victory will be tough. Definitely not a "should win" game, but it will help show whether this team is for real or not.

I'll go with 4-3 Sabres in OT. Roy gets two...

I hate the Flyers.

I've had a deep-seated hate for that team in orange and black ever since they arrived on the scene in 1967. That's one of the reasons it sucked so bad to see Briere and (especially) Biron in a Flyers' sweater. That's just WRONG! I'm glad Marty made it out of there....

Oh, I hate Philly fans, too.... :death:

With TV and Roy off the snide, and Ruff having his nose rubbed in their lack of playing time, I expect a big night out of the first line. 5-1

Go Sabres!

Nice to see the question being posed to him about TV playing time. 11 minutes is just crazy low.

Its great to roll four lines and all, but playing your top line 11-12 minutes? That's just crazy!

Crazy or Lindy Ruff sticking to his guns? Obviously the other lines are playing with more heart and they're getting the job done as a result. If Vanek and Roy want to work hard and achieve consistently, then they can have their minutes back. Just because they're our "stars" doesn't mean they deserve top minutes. All that does is keep the deserving players off the ice.

Archived