SabreSpace Party?

SDS

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days but I'm back and while I don't expect much of a turnout this week I hope someday we will look back at it as the start of something special. I would like to make it Hockey Night at Jades with a strong Sabrespace presence featuring roadtrips to away games, dinner and rides to home games, remote broadcasts with a intelligent live audience and maybe someday, with the marvels of technology, have the largest virtual bar turnout in cyberspace history.

My goals for the place are simple, I want a comfortable place for true sports fans to come and watch their favorite sports and actually watch the games. I want to couple that with the latest in technology to be able to take full advantage of what the internet can do for your viewing and interactive enjoyment.

I don't want whats become known as a sports bar where the games are actually an afterthought to a night out. The place makes a lot of money on Friday and through catering, all I need is about 25 to 30 people enjoying themselves the rest of the week.

Thanks for the forum and hope to see some of you there.

Cool beans.. So the bar is a sports theme. I'll try be down Oct 24 with my clean wife(that ones for you Ink) and my dirty kids. I think there's sabs game that night. Love the cyberspace virtual bar idea. Patent that one before you actually kick it off, might work well with the franchise model you could be selling when it takes off...(e.g. link other out of state Bflo supporters bars).....

I'll be there around 5pm on Saturday. I just bought tickets to the opener and will stop by for a beer and a meal. I'll be wearing a Vanek jersey and a Sabres hat if you are there around 5pm too...

I think you'll be there a week before me -- I'm going to be there the night of the Nashville away game.

I'll be there around 5pm on Saturday. I just bought tickets to the opener and will stop by for a beer and a meal. I'll be wearing a Vanek jersey and a Sabres hat if you are there around 5pm too...

My plans have evolved, but I'm going to stop in before the game and say hi. See you around 5 or 530.

TW, how will we recognize you?

The bar is Jade's, 4495 Broadway, Depew 14043. While we haven't officially taken over, everyone there knows we are, so its no longer a big secret. The Saturday bar business is pretty much non-existent right now so we may have the whole place to ourselves this Saturday.

While this week won't be the official "Sabrespace Party, " all our welcome and can either have a free drink on me and $.40 wings or pay $20 and drink all the draft beer they can drink and all the wings they can eat.

t-web: damn it, all - i have the perfect predicate situation for "the crime" if i'd only seen this earlier (my wife took the kids to her parents' place, since i am working through the weekend). i'm still at work and probably won't get home until after 8, but will keep your place in mind for my next sabres night out. good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to meet up for some football on Sunday? The place is up in the air!

Idk if you meant TW's place or not... but i go to shooters for football. It's the old Baird RD Pub next to Fairport Hots. $2.50 domestics and $0.50 cent wings all sunday...great wings too. Joint just opened like September 1st. In any case, i'll be there at 4pm right after work.

I should have been more clear. I'm going to be in Buffalo tomorrow, does anyone want to meet? Stenbaro and I are in, we haven't decided on a place.

I know where Shooters is, I was going there 15 years ago when it was Moes, then Margaritas, then the Baird Rd Pub. I go there every other week or so, usually a weeknight.

So, who wants to meet up at Tom Webster's place on the Sat after Thanksgiving against the Canes?

I'm in, but I need tickets.

His bar's so popular already that you need tickets to get in? Wow, maybe I can get that limo I asked for earlier in the thread.

But hey, I'll be in town for 2 weeks around christmas, so maybe I can check it out at some point.

So, who wants to meet up at Tom Webster's place on the Sat after Thanksgiving against the Canes?

I'm in, but I need tickets.

I'm in town that weekend and was also thinking about trying to go to the game... I would need at least 3.

Worst case we drinks at TW's and watch on big screen.

My buddy and I will be in town that weekend for the game. Already have tickets. I would probably meet up for a bit if possible.

I'll also be in town that weekend, planning on going to the game, don't have tickets. I guess I just recently realized I should've thought about tickets a LONG time ago....

I'll keep Webster's bar in mind as a possible pregame destination ;)

I'll also be in town that weekend, planning on going to the game, don't have tickets. I guess I just recently realized I should've thought about tickets a LONG time ago....

I'll keep Webster's bar in mind as a possible pregame destination ;)

If enough people are coming, I could put together some package with pre-game meal and drinks, transportation to and from game and some sort of post game party.

Archived