SabreSpace Party?

SDS

The bar is Jade's, 4495 Broadway, Depew 14043. While we haven't officially taken over, everyone there knows we are, so its no longer a big secret. The Saturday bar business is pretty much non-existent right now so we may have the whole place to ourselves this Saturday.

While this week won't be the official "Sabrespace Party, " all our welcome and can either have a free drink on me and $.40 wings or pay $20 and drink all the draft beer they can drink and all the wings they can eat.

Yessss that's sooo close to me (when I'm home that is)

The bar is Jade's, 4495 Broadway, Depew 14043. While we haven't officially taken over, everyone there knows we are, so its no longer a big secret. The Saturday bar business is pretty much non-existent right now so we may have the whole place to ourselves this Saturday.

While this week won't be the official "Sabrespace Party, " all our welcome and can either have a free drink on me and $.40 wings or pay $20 and drink all the draft beer they can drink and all the wings they can eat.

TW, that is really generous of you. I won't drink in Depew (no offense, I won't drink in Orchard Park or anywhere else that I have to drive home from, either), but I still think it's cool and I will drive out there. What's the first away game? Can we get a few folks there to hang?

EDIT: I saw the "this Saturday" now. Please disregard the request for the first away game, and I'll try to get there for the home opener.

I'll be there in spirit from Fort Lauderdale. Hopefully this big Buffalo party down there that night will be smart enough to have the game on.

How are the wings?

Pleaaaase.....don't F up the fishfry!

You know.....the food side of it seems to be on autopilot, but you are correct in that the bar is not a "fully mature" business. I really like the old-school feel of the actual bar. I had mentioned a few years ago when I used to pay attention to the Sabres more that it was a great quiet place to watch a game and get some good food.

Good luck with it...I'm not far away so I will be sure to add it to my rotation more often.

Pleaaaase.....don't F up the fishfry!

You know.....the food side of it seems to be on autopilot, but you are correct in that the bar is not a "fully mature" business. I really like the old-school feel of the actual bar. I had mentioned a few years ago when I used to pay attention to the Sabres more that it was a great quiet place to watch a game and get some good food.

Good luck with it...I'm not far away so I will be sure to add it to my rotation more often.

I spent a year working there just to make sure that I wouldn't.

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days but I'm back and while I don't expect much of a turnout this week I hope someday we will look back at it as the start of something special. I would like to make it Hockey Night at Jades with a strong Sabrespace presence featuring roadtrips to away games, dinner and rides to home games, remote broadcasts with a intelligent live audience and maybe someday, with the marvels of technology, have the largest virtual bar turnout in cyberspace history.

My goals for the place are simple, I want a comfortable place for true sports fans to come and watch their favorite sports and actually watch the games. I want to couple that with the latest in technology to be able to take full advantage of what the internet can do for your viewing and interactive enjoyment.

I don't want whats become known as a sports bar where the games are actually an afterthought to a night out. The place makes a lot of money on Friday and through catering, all I need is about 25 to 30 people enjoying themselves the rest of the week.

Thanks for the forum and hope to see some of you there.

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days but I'm back and while I don't expect much of a turnout this week I hope someday we will look back at it as the start of something special. I would like to make it Hockey Night at Jades with a strong Sabrespace presence featuring roadtrips to away games, dinner and rides to home games, remote broadcasts with a intelligent live audience and maybe someday, with the marvels of technology, have the largest virtual bar turnout in cyberspace history.

My goals for the place are simple, I want a comfortable place for true sports fans to come and watch their favorite sports and actually watch the games. I want to couple that with the latest in technology to be able to take full advantage of what the internet can do for your viewing and interactive enjoyment.

I don't want whats become known as a sports bar where the games are actually an afterthought to a night out. The place makes a lot of money on Friday and through catering, all I need is about 25 to 30 people enjoying themselves the rest of the week.Thanks for the forum and hope to see some of you there.

I'm thinking you mean 25-30 each day; correct?

I don't want whats become known as a sports bar where the games are actually an afterthought to a night out. The place makes a lot of money on Friday and through catering, all I need is about 25 to 30 people enjoying themselves the rest of the week.

I'd definitely be interested in checking it out when I'm in town, probably around christmas time. The parents living out in Boston could get in the way of that though, especially since I'd be totally reliant on borrowing one of their cars.

I'd definitely be interested in checking it out when I'm in town, probably around christmas time. The parents living out in Boston could get in the way of that though, especially since I'd be totally reliant on borrowing one of their cars.

Hop a flight from Boston. I'm sure TW will pick you up at the airport. :)

TW -- 2 questions:

1. what is the TV/HD situation?

2. how are the wings?

In any case, I am going to be in town the weekend of Oct. 10-11 and am going to try to come on the night of Oct. 10 to watch Sabres vs. Nashville. Hope to see some of the group there.

TW -- 2 questions:

1. what is the TV/HD situation?

2. how are the wings?

In any case, I am going to be in town the weekend of Oct. 10-11 and am going to try to come on the night of Oct. 10 to watch Sabres vs. Nashville. Hope to see some of the group there.

Presently 2 32" and 2 37" on 3 receivers. The lottery is switching one of there quick draw screens to a 40" monitor which we plan on using as well( don't tell anyone) so by tomorrow you will be able to watch 3 different games on 5 monitors. As we move forward our ultimate goal is to have availability to show 6 to 8 different games at a time although the configuration of the place makes it difficult to put all screens in an area that you can see them all while sitting.

Next week we will be hooking a couple of the screens to the internet although it may take me a year to figure out how to work those without blowing up all the screens.

All the screens are hi-def.

What do you think I will say about the wings?

Good luck on the venture, TW. I wish I lived in the area. I'd probably overcome my "barphobia" and dislike of loud, obnoxious, intoxicated people to check it out. I really like the idea of having a sane place with good food and a good atmosphere to watch the game. Your ideas for the use of technology are fascinating.

Presently 2 32" and 2 37" on 3 receivers. The lottery is switching one of there quick draw screens to a 40" monitor which we plan on using as well( don't tell anyone) so by tomorrow you will be able to watch 3 different games on 5 monitors. As we move forward our ultimate goal is to have availability to show 6 to 8 different games at a time although the configuration of the place makes it difficult to put all screens in an area that you can see them all while sitting.

Next week we will be hooking a couple of the screens to the internet although it may take me a year to figure out how to work those without blowing up all the screens.

All the screens are hi-def.

What do you think I will say about the wings?

Sounds good! I will be there on the 10th.

I'll be there around 5pm on Saturday. I just bought tickets to the opener and will stop by for a beer and a meal. I'll be wearing a Vanek jersey and a Sabres hat if you are there around 5pm too...

If you plan to eat, drink and drive to the arena within 2 hours you are crazy. Or have a lead stomach and foot. :thumbsup:

Archived